How much boost are the 2.2 ohv running? - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How much boost are the 2.2 ohv running?
Friday, March 20, 2015 11:09 PM
And does anyone know how much bigger? Stock is 5?mm?!?

Built and boosted 2.2 ohv

Saturday, March 21, 2015 8:00 AM
The 2.3 quad for is 56mm and bolts on for the most part (3 instead of 4 bolts and requires the shaft from the ln2 unit to clock the wheel in the right place.)

Stock is 52mm

I never ran the 56 that I had. 52mm stock unit took me a looooong way power wise lol

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, March 21, 2015 3:46 PM
The center shaft for the butterfly? I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything in it

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 8:58 PM
So I went and got the throttle body from a junk yard! I had a extra stock one sitting around, and tried to take it apart, glad I tryed it on that one (it broke). So then I took apart the 56mm, the right way but the throttle position sensor mounts different. I'm going to try sometime this week to switch it all over! Did order a aem wideband yesterday! Should be here early next week! Havnt decided where to mount it yet:/

Thursday, April 02, 2015 2:31 PM
The only reason you need the shaft and wheel from the LN2 throttle body is because the wheel is clocked differently and the 2.3 wheel requies a modification to the throttle cable. It's easier to switch the throttle body parts.

The clocked tps sensor I was able to overcome with a couple washers (since I didn't use the holes on the tps sensor) and set the sensor in that the right clock and it was all gravy

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Sunday, April 05, 2015 12:06 AM
How did you do this with washers?

Saturday, April 11, 2015 9:39 PM
Got the wide band in today! Now you can see how far my tune is off idel it sits at about 16:1. When I start to get above 5lns of boost it would go above the 10:1 level. Hopefully my new tuner will be free this week!!!
Attachments
image.jpg (1617k)

Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:09 AM
Quote:

How did you do this with washers?

i didnt put the bolts in the supplied holes on the TPS sensor, but put washers under the heads of the bolts so they would grab the body of the sensor and hold it in the place that i clocked it to.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 12:38 AM
Been working with my local tuner, slowly! First time, starting off good then the car starting stalling when clutch in. Went back to old base tune and it was still doing it!(still haven't fixed) . Second tune, got ideal down good and then it would miss fire on cylinder 4 once any load was put on it, after several hours of testing, it seems like the top of my injector got clogged:/, tried swapping injectors and then it went away completely. Tring to get a little further this week, if weather permits! Any thoughts on the stalling when clutch is pushed in under decel? Tried an iac it didn't help at all!?!?
Attachments
image.jpg (349k)

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 12:44 AM
What do you think of the pink wheels? I'm not sold on them! I may go to a shiny purple color:/

Saturday, June 06, 2015 11:49 PM
So I bring a bit of bad news! We were making a lot of progress with tuning! The was becoming amazing!!!! Thursday afternoon I went to fill it up with e 85, on my way back the check engine light came on. So I decided to head back to my shop, getting off of the highway I saw something squart on my windshield! I thought coolant right away, next thing I knew my car was in flames!!!! My car is is gone!! I'm hoping the insurance company will let my buy it back! If so I may be selling parts, that are savable on here soon. I will keep you all informed!!!!!!!!!

P.s. I already miss this car!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
image.jpg (1895k)

Sunday, June 07, 2015 9:05 AM
That really really sucks to see!

I got lucky two times with fuel leaks. At least you made it out unscathed. Everyone says "Thats all that really matters".. its true but it still really blows to have hard work go up in flames like that.

Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:36 PM
Ok it's official! Insurance declaired it a total lost! Parts will be avaible soon. Couple things I know of for sure, wings west spoiler, suspension( I've got to look to see what it is), I'm probably going to part the engine out, and turbo kit. Keep an eye out in the classifies! This is a sad day

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 9:50 PM
Turbo kit
Attachments
image.jpg (1085k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 9:52 PM
Turbo kit
Attachments
image.jpg (1188k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 9:55 PM
Turbo kit
Attachments
image.jpg (1280k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 9:57 PM
Turbo kit
Attachments
image.jpg (1181k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 9:59 PM
Turbo kit
Attachments
image.jpg (1390k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 10:01 PM
Turbo kit
Attachments
image.jpg (1347k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 10:02 PM
Wings west
Attachments
image.jpg (1301k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 10:05 PM
Wings west
Attachments
image.jpg (1143k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 10:07 PM
Wings west
Attachments
image.jpg (899k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 10:10 PM
Wings west
Attachments
image.jpg (501k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 10:10 PM
Valve cover
Attachments
image.jpg (897k)

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 10:13 PM
Valve cover
Attachments
image.jpg (795k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search