larger injectors that idle like stock??? - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: larger injectors that idle like stock???
Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:39 AM
has anyone used the 30# accel injectors i know you can get them in low imp but i think you need to buy them in a set of 8

also i hurd RC injectors suck for high pressure is this true because im looking for something ill be able to raise as i need the extra fuel

Saturday, February 12, 2005 3:22 PM
I've got the ford 35lb-370cc low imp. injectors with an adjustable fpr and inline fuel pump and it idles pretty decent.

T04B V-trim baby.....Time to Open a Can of Whoop A S S !!!
Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:27 AM
them are what i hav ein the car at the moment i have a afpr and afmu to adjust the fuel curve with but cant seem to get them to be completely stable at idle

what psi do you have them set to on idle

Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:57 AM
I had the brown tops in my car,but i put the h.o injectors back in after a couple of days because i couldnt get them to idle good.I had the fuel pressure set from 25-35 psi at idle,and it still ran like crap.They felt good on the top end,but it ran like crap when i started the car when it was warmed up.On cold starts,it idled ok.I had them running ok the the s-afc,but they still didnt run perfect.I couldnt deal with them,because the the rpm would dip when you were at a light or something,and it felt like the car was gonna stall.When the weather warms up,im gonna put them back in and see if i can get them to run better.Im gonna send them out and get them cleaned first.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:46 AM
Peter - you couldn't get them to idle even with the S-AFC?

You should be able to... according to my calculations at idle you need to cut 25% from them, or thereabouts to put them at a stock rating of fuel...

Mine idles like a tractor at cold start, and idles ok when warm, but you can feel it's too much fuel when driving - throttle response has gone down a lot.

I'm still waiting for my S-AFC to get these things tuned right.

If GlowinCavy can run 42lb injectors and get them to idle with the S-AFC, I KNOW I can get the computer to handle these brown tops with the S-AFC.

Why blow $$$ on new injectors when these fit your needs at high rpm and just need to be tuned out with a S-AFC at idle for like $200? Doesn't make sense to me.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, February 13, 2005 12:17 PM
I got them to idle ok with the s-afc,but not perfect.I didnt really try to get them to run perfect because it was starting to get too cold outside to be going under the hood to play around with the fuel pressure and stuff.So,i just put the old ones back in.Its starting to warm up,so ill probably put them back in within the next couple of weeks.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Sunday, February 13, 2005 12:49 PM
Jake wrote:hmm, seems RSM is having some problems with custom OBD2 stuff. I will be the first to know when things get worked out. I hope they do. Guess we will have to wait and see. (cross's fingers).

Why dont you check out the JBP reflash......
www.jbodyperformance.com

hstylez wrote:if anyone has any low imp ld9 24lb injectors that they wanna sell let me know....

ill be upgrading to 320cc on march 6 and ill sell you mine.

Arriving...... 3-6-05 ..........
Sunday, February 13, 2005 12:49 PM
Jake wrote:hmm, seems RSM is having some problems with custom OBD2 stuff. I will be the first to know when things get worked out. I hope they do. Guess we will have to wait and see. (cross's fingers).

Why dont you check out the JBP reflash......
www.jbodyperformance.com

hstylez wrote:if anyone has any low imp ld9 24lb injectors that they wanna sell let me know....

ill be upgrading to 320cc on march 6 and ill sell you mine.

-

Arriving...... 3-6-05 ..........
Sunday, February 13, 2005 6:39 PM
i should look into the JBP reflash more, but they said they havent done it on a boosted car. I have to talk to the guys boss he says.

I dont want to spend 600+ $ to be a test dummy, when RSM's stuff has been on boosted cars B4 and is half the price. ( we will see if they actually can do my computer).

ron- www.rsmracing.com has the info.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search