New engine break in questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New engine break in questions
Saturday, January 31, 2009 7:45 PM
Hey guys my 2.3/2.4 turbo hybrid will be finished soon now that tax time is here, anyway when I first fire the engine I'm thinking I should do it with the stock injectors and the intercooler piping disconnected so the engine isn't seeing any boost. My thinking is that I don't want to wash the cylinder walls down during break in with the 1000cc injectors and no tune. Then once the engine is broken in put in the 1000's and load my HPT pro and tune for the larger injectors, is my thinking correct here?

Re: New engine break in questions
Saturday, January 31, 2009 8:25 PM
well just starting the car, i would hope it wouldnt make boost....

Sunday, February 01, 2009 4:43 AM
If you have the ability to tune I would go ahead with the 1000cc injectors. If you set the constant up right it should not be getting excessive extra fuel while idling. I would also leave the charge pipes hooked up. If you are driving normal you won't see boost. Also not a bad thing for the motor to see some boost, just keep it turned down.

FU Tuning

Sunday, February 01, 2009 10:23 AM
Start it on a stock tune, stock injectors. If you have new cams do a proper cam break in.

I drove 500 miles making 1-2 psi on a stock tune with stock injectors, high load low RPM to help seat the rings...

I wouldn't risk washing the cylinder walls trying to "figure out" what the injector constant for 1000cc injectors is.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, February 01, 2009 11:55 AM
do not disconnect tubing! that equal fried turbo due to overspeed!

sig not found
Monday, February 02, 2009 5:09 PM
Let me correct what I'm talking about, iniatial starup and breakin, no road time, just breaking in the new cams, varying the engine rpm for the first 30 minutes then shut down and change the oil. Swap in the big injectors and HPT Pro and start tuning.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 3:39 PM
You could open up your wastegate so no boost is seen ever. Might be easier than removing a charge pipe.
Saturday, February 07, 2009 6:07 PM
Thanks guys, Sweetness that was my thinking exactly but running with the wg open seems like a workable plan.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search