Is the m45 threaded for pulleys? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is the m45 threaded for pulleys?
Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:13 PM
im dropping off my m45 to a local machine shop to press in the quick change hub i bought because i dont want to waste $150 bucks on a tool ill use once and i just wanted to know if the m45 is threaded like the m62's where the pulley would be pressed in

i did search for a bit and couldnt come up with an answer, any help is greatly appreciated. pics of the pulley removal/installation on the m45 would be great as well

thanks

Eat my shift

Re: Is the m45 threaded for pulleys?
Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:39 PM
shut up mike. go work on the civic.

lol no but for real i cant help with this. ask craig he might now. you got his number? anywho. im thinking about throwing the blower on in two weekends. i can't get ahold of alan to help, so i might call up some of the guy from azgmp, and ask you and grant to come on over.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:40 PM
Most are. I used a power steering pulley puller to take the existing pulley off, and then used a torch to heat up the new hub and slid it on. The power steering tool doesn't have the right bolt size to thread into the shaft.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:46 PM
ok thanks guys, i actually ended up finding another thread with installation instructions. its not threaded :/ so looks like its getting heated like you said ion

chris, you threadjacker lol, you know damn well i decided that i hate that POS that is my honda civic. I'm off work at 6 on saturday and sunday so im down to lend a hand either/both nights

Eat my shift
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search