GMPP M62 SUper charger kit is CARB legal (and has been for some time) - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GMPP M62 SUper charger kit is CARB legal (and has been for some time)
Sunday, May 20, 2018 10:46 AM
I wanted to pass this along to the tiny "hyper exclusive" J-body peeps in California. The GMPP M62 supercharger kit for Chevrolet Cavalier and Pontiac Sunfire is C.A.R.B. approved and has been since 2005. So in theory all that is required to get a 100% street legal boosted Sunfire is to buy a M62 kit (might be hard to do), install said kit, take the entire situation to the highly rated GM dealer in your area (again, might be hard to do), have them flash this new supercharger PCM tune, part number 16001591 to your car, and bam! Street legal boost.

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/aftermktdevice.php?sortOrder=EO&DevSelect=61&submitDevice=Search

I had a boosted J-body in CA once before, and am about to go through this process again. And now that everything is on the internet I wanted it in one spot for all of us having to deal with CARB. Except for CARB, CA is one of best place in the US to be a driving enthusiast. So many roads to choose from, super chill highway patrol, excellent food and high quality gas stations everywhere, and the regions SCCA track on my way to work. Ok that last one might have just applied to me... So are there any J-body people left in California? I still see the occasional nice J-body on the road and it gives me hope

Re: GMPP M62 SUper charger kit is CARB legal (and has been for some time)
Sunday, May 20, 2018 5:45 PM
Keep us posted on the boosted project!

I'm in California and still have my Cavalier.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:35 PM
CA has best fuel? 91 piss gas.

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 31, 2018 2:01 PM
I still have my cavalier. And i have an gm xtreme tuner kit yet to install. I am in Sacramento.
Also have to fix second blown clutch line.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search