NEW - Pre-Built/Assembled 4t40e to hold 550+HP & 500+TQ!!! - Page 3 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: NEW - Pre-Built/Assembled 4t40e to hold 550+HP & 500+TQ!!!
Thursday, January 04, 2007 11:07 AM
someone just bumped the thread where twistedmotorsports was talking about the tranny and the reason why i contacted him about the tranny in the first place

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=41&i=29343&t=29343

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|

Thursday, January 04, 2007 4:51 PM
What Make/Model transmission dyno was this tested on?

sig not found
Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:20 PM
good question i have no idea!

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, January 05, 2007 11:23 PM
UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!

Well I just got an email update.... here is the new information....

TwistedMotorsports wrote:so far for pricing we are looking at 2000-2500USD. I will also not be charging for cores (yes no core charge!!!) so that means no paying for shipping twice. Shipping charges are actually fairly cheap (Due to some of our parts suppliers we have a "deal" with DHL and it helps with shipping alot)

TwistedMotorsports wrote:I have some good news on the gearing, We now have a source for gearing up to the 4.7* range however anything past 4.11's will need some modifications done to the diff for fitment issues so the N/A guys with slicks should really enjoy this!

Two very very nice updates! Possibility of the price being 550 cheaper then expected, and better gearing options

The contact I have been talking to at Twisted Motorsports is Justin... He said he is reviewing this thread and will start posting and answering questions starting sometime this weekend, so stay tuned!!!

Saturday, January 06, 2007 8:03 AM
Waiting for real details on this................

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 10:24 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:Waiting for real details on this................

He said he would post up "this weekend" . . . . i am as anxious as the next guy.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 11:25 PM
Good think I use a 5 spped. NO Autotragic for me !

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, January 06, 2007 11:28 PM
Short Hand wrote:Good think I use a 5 spped. NO Autotragic for me !

nothing bad has happened yet, i dont understand your position?

Sunday, January 07, 2007 8:29 AM

eh... read the post dood. fuly built 4t40e w/ 3200 stall convertor-hptuned, LSD, TTR mount. need i say more?

not to mention our "autotragics" will be way more consistant, and with addition of all these goodies, our cars should run with the 5spd's all day long and it would be a VERY close race, if not dead frickn on. thing is, we hafta spend damn near $4000 to get to be as fast as a 5spd.

i didnt really buy my auto car for the whole speed factor anyway, i bought it because i was sick and tired of blowing tranny's, grinding gears, breaking shift cables, frying clutches... yada yada yada yada.

i now have a car that has acctually stayed together and runs awesome for more than 6 frickn months at a time... i acctually PARK my car in the garage for winter now, i dont hafta replace a ton of crap all winter long!

Sunday, January 07, 2007 10:02 AM
z yaaaa wrote:

eh... read the post dood. fuly built 4t40e w/ 3200 stall convertor-hptuned, LSD, TTR mount. need i say more?

not to mention our "autotragics" will be way more consistant, and with addition of all these goodies, our cars should run with the 5spd's all day long and it would be a VERY close race, if not dead frickn on. thing is, we hafta spend damn near $4000 to get to be as fast as a 5spd.

i didnt really buy my auto car for the whole speed factor anyway, i bought it because i was sick and tired of blowing tranny's, grinding gears, breaking shift cables, frying clutches... yada yada yada yada.

i now have a car that has acctually stayed together and runs awesome for more than 6 frickn months at a time... i acctually PARK my car in the garage for winter now, i dont hafta replace a ton of crap all winter long!

Driving a stick car is fun, but having that much control over breaking things is not fun... i drive my friends srt4 when he is tuning and i just let off at redline cause im afraid of breaking stuff

just recently a local srt4 shifted from 3rd (redline in a race) to 2nd and blew his motor im straight will all that i'll let the ecu do the shifting...

uummmm, and "autotragic"? whats tragic about running 12's? you run 14/15's if your lucky in your 5spd

Sunday, January 07, 2007 5:26 PM
Jrobz23 wrote:yeah we run a 3.94 FDR stock. dif (closer to 3 than 4) fdr with a built head might be a better match for higher rpms. might make traction easier etc. better match imo. you just have to do the math and figure out when and how much you wanna shift in the 1/4.

no knockin TG, but if I was spending that kinda coin on a tranny, it'd have a quaife in it.

He's talking Automatic, not manual....... stock its not 3.94:1(I believe stock is 3.63:1), AND in a built auto, you dont have to worry about how many times it shifts, since you never lift off the throttle, and it should shift faster then any manual.

As for having a Quaife, I dont disagree...... although Im not sure if Quaife makes one for the 4t40e, and if they do, better bump the trans price another $1200+.

This should be the correct gear ratio for a stock MN4 4t40e
1-2.95
2-1.62
3-1.00
4-0.68
R-2.14
FDR-3.63:1

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, January 07, 2007 10:50 PM
weekend is over... no post

hopefully sometime soon though

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 3:44 AM
Update DAMN it.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 2:52 PM
agreed wheres these guys at ghahahahaha im excited kinda

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 8:06 PM
i emailed him...waiting....

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:46 AM
man i am waiting on a update here seeing as i need to think about what i need to do for my spare auto tranny to go with my built motor....man where are my updates

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:26 AM
Acer wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:

Driving a stick car is fun, but having that much control over breaking things is not fun... i drive my friends srt4 when he is tuning and i just let off at redline cause im afraid of breaking stuff

just recently a local srt4 shifted from 3rd (redline in a race) to 2nd and blew his motor im straight will all that i'll let the ecu do the shifting...

uummmm, and "autotragic"? whats tragic about running 12's? you run 14/15's if your lucky in your 5spd

Well.. If I was fully built and boosted . Ill Take a Getrag with a Stage 3 Clutch, Lighter flywheel, TTR Tranny mounts, LSD and a nice short shifter . THIS is fantastic for you auto guys, a huge step forward, i was just posting up a sarcastic thought of mine to poke at a little, no intention on starting a giant bombfire .

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:28 AM
Short Hand wrote:
Acer wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:

Well.. If I was fully built and boosted . Ill Take a Getrag with a Stage 3 Clutch, Lighter flywheel, TTR Tranny mounts, LSD and a nice short shifter . THIS is fantastic for you auto guys, a huge step forward, i was just posting up a sarcastic thought of mine to poke at a little, no intention on starting a giant bombfire .

no one is upset no one ever is here on jbo!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:29 AM
03lssportblue wrote:man i am waiting on a update here seeing as i need to think about what i need to do for my spare auto tranny to go with my built motor....man where are my updates

you can use this time to save up the 2000/2500

Saturday, January 13, 2007 9:46 PM
also waiting for an update on this. I have broken two 4t40e transmissions with boost. First one was beat on bad. Second one had 4t45e internals and a yank torque converter installed, I got a couple hundred miles out of it and than it started slipping bad. So I am currently on my third transmission. This is dragracemyz24 I just changed my screename. You probably seen my car on streetfire.net . I have not proven 12s yet but know for a fact that I am there. I am on the top ten ld9 power adders list at a 14.0 time on 5 psi. That was just for background so you know who I am. I am currently building a motor to handle 350 hp conservatively and this would be a great addition to my vehicle. For a built transmission 2k is not that much. I support it all the way. Cant wait to hear some updates.

Dragracemyz24
Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:52 AM
would this strap up to an ecotec? or does the ecotec have a 4T45E ? just curious hopefully it does and the guy could support the ecotec crowd as well... i know im wanting to unleash my car and i would be more than willing to save this money up just curious as to if i could get in on it as well....

Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:13 AM
our cars came with a 4t40e.... other types tooo, but never a 4t45e

he said he will be developing for the eco bellhousing as well so you can get it

i have not heard from him in over a week... im hoping he shows up here with all the details one day instead of never answering

we will see

Monday, January 15, 2007 6:48 PM
Hey everyone!

Just wanting to let you all know I'm around and reviewing this post. I have had some "personal" things happen to me in the past week thats been taking me away from work. These transmissions will be available for the 2.2/2200, 2.3/2.4, and the 2.2 ecotec. The reason the cost is so high around here is because these transmissions are not exactly "cheap" to come by around here for cores (saying it takes two transmissions to build just this one, and buying the parts new from the dealer is not in the least bit cost effective) It also has something to do with supply and demand, i really don't know how well these will take off, the more i sell the cheaper I'll go though.

Brian, the stock gear ratio is 3.9* on the 4t40e, however there was the odd exception to get a lower gear ratio depending on some of the specific car options.

about 80% of these parts were all custom made and modified "in house" others have been sourced out. I will release more details as time progresses. You should see another update in the next week.

Monday, January 15, 2007 8:14 PM
so no options for the 3400 guys with the 4t40e

2001 chevy malibu
1999 cavalier
Monday, January 15, 2007 8:27 PM
TwistedMotorsports wrote:Hey everyone!

Just wanting to let you all know I'm around and reviewing this post. I have had some "personal" things happen to me in the past week thats been taking me away from work. These transmissions will be available for the 2.2/2200, 2.3/2.4, and the 2.2 ecotec. The reason the cost is so high around here is because these transmissions are not exactly "cheap" to come by around here for cores (saying it takes two transmissions to build just this one, and buying the parts new from the dealer is not in the least bit cost effective) It also has something to do with supply and demand, i really don't know how well these will take off, the more i sell the cheaper I'll go though.

Brian, the stock gear ratio is 3.9* on the 4t40e, however there was the odd exception to get a lower gear ratio depending on some of the specific car options.

about 80% of these parts were all custom made and modified "in house" others have been sourced out. I will release more details as time progresses. You should see another update in the next week.

NICE!

see, im not a crazy person!

I cant wait man!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search