NEW - Pre-Built/Assembled 4t40e to hold 550+HP & 500+TQ!!! - Page 5 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: NEW - Pre-Built/Assembled 4t40e to hold 550+HP & 500+TQ!!!
Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:38 PM
sad to say that I am confident it will not come out. I hope mine holds together this season.

Dragracemyz24

Friday, March 30, 2007 2:25 PM
good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 30, 2007 3:26 PM

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 7:58 AM
Another great product bites the dust.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:41 PM
wish this product would have worked out

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:02 PM
i'd like to know why everyone is stuck on seeing a 500whp j-body thats daily driven basically? This has got to be one of the most annoying things to read anymore. There are plenty on the forum who are on their way to going over that and i'm sure theres a few who have went over it but just because it's not featured on a internet forum doesn't mean it does no exist.

I wish this would really come through for the automatics but of course we'll have to get a huge demand list of people who have cash in hand and not just BS in hand to go pay for it similar to the carbon fiber sunfire decklids which has never made it into production.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 6:23 AM
i havent heard from this guy in months and months and months... very safe to assume they have dropped the project, but at least we all have myslips.com right?

-Acer

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Thursday, November 15, 2007 1:59 PM
Try contacting Import Performance Trans. I wrote them a lengthy e mail a few months back about building a trans for me and they wanted me to call them to work out the details but i never did due to being too busy. I do plan to contact them again some time soon, i'll be sure to post all the info here if i have them do any work for me.

http://www.ipttrans.com/

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 6:51 PM
Thanks for the link Skilz.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, November 16, 2007 7:32 AM
Jeremy yup, thats who I was looking at.. But damn, they are some pretty steep prices for a COMPLETE rebuild.. Hopefully just a valvebody job, intall LSD, and a couple other parts wont be as much as the 2800.00 price tage they have advertised... We'll see though.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, November 16, 2007 4:23 PM
that pricetag david is for a complete tranny overhaul and performance build. im waiting to hear back from a guy that does 4t40 work and i will let you know

you could prolly get your tranny done at ipt and send them your tranny and a few things and have some knocked off, im gonna call and see what they will charge me for their build but i will ship my tranny so there is no core charge and my yank 3000 convertor and lsd insert and see what they would charge

Friday, November 16, 2007 5:10 PM
Yeah lemme know because I dont need a complete tranny overhaul.

306 TQ

Friday, November 16, 2007 7:33 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Yeah lemme know because I dont need a complete tranny overhaul.[/quoe]

YET!!!!

but seriously, im really only interested in if they can do the 50% less drivetrain loss like twisted motorsports was claiming, i dont think ill need anything more than a stock overhaul with only shooting for 300whp. right skillz? u were pushing AT LEAST that much werent you? and still on the stock tranny i thought....???

Friday, November 16, 2007 9:16 PM
zyaaa- ask him how bad his tranny got tho once he had ran the 300whp to it for awhile, i know mine at only 10psi on the td04h was starting to slip really bad and would hesitate sometimes. there is no way our trannys are even close to 50% power loss. no way in hell. we would be lucky to have them be 15% in all honesty

Friday, November 16, 2007 9:38 PM
Thought I would post this link:
Trans Rebuild

I haven't emailed because I haven't got the funds yet, this is for the 4t45e, could possibly help you guys...
Saturday, November 17, 2007 9:38 AM
z yaaaa wrote:
but seriously, im really only interested in if they can do the 50% less drivetrain loss like twisted motorsports was claiming, i dont think ill need anything more than a stock overhaul with only shooting for 300whp. right skillz? u were pushing AT LEAST that much werent you? and still on the stock tranny i thought....???

The 50% less drivetrain loss that twisted was claiming was total BS. I've pushed over 300whp with a 100% stock trans and never broke it. I'm pretty certain no one has ever put the 4t40e through as much abuse as i have and i have yet to see any part of it actually fail. With that said, my trans has gotten very soft, clutches slip, diff has a ton of slop in it but its still alive...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 9:10 AM
Bonnett wrote:There is no way our trannys are even close to 50% power loss. no way in hell. we would be lucky to have them be 15% in all honesty

lol yeah i know that. i meant how twisted motorsports was claiming they could get 50% LESS drive train loss from the auto with their full rebuild w/ performance parts tranny.

Skilz10179 wrote:The 50% less drivetrain loss that twisted was claiming was total BS.

damn that sucks man i was really hoping that it was a reality. i hate how the auto's use up so much power.

Skilz10179 wrote:I've pushed over 300whp with a 100% stock trans and never broke it. I'm pretty certain no one has ever put the 4t40e through as much abuse as i have and i have yet to see any part of it actually fail. With that said, my trans has gotten very soft, clutches slip, diff has a ton of slop in it but its still alive...

well that sucks. maybe i wont shoot for such high of numbers then, cuz i really dont wanna have a sloppy tranny after awhile of use. or maybe ill go with some performance stuff for it as well as a rebuild. who knows, only time will tell.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 3:31 PM
a built auto will in fact use up less power to work. i thought you were talking that our trannys have 50% power loss

Sunday, November 18, 2007 4:06 PM
BOOSTED (the sticker guy!) wrote:i'd like to know why everyone is stuck on seeing a 500whp j-body thats daily driven basically? This has got to be one of the most annoying things to read anymore.

Maybe not quite 500whp, but I'll have a 450whp N-body around spring time, it'll be daily driven, on an automatic transmission, and it will run and drive like it was completely stock...

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 5:04 PM
You can claim whatever you want, when the product doesn't exist. Heck, if you sell it on Ebay, you can claim even more!

Monday, November 26, 2007 6:06 AM
Brandon, you heard back from any shops?

306 TQ
Monday, November 26, 2007 8:51 AM
david- i havent heard back from anyone yet and im waiting. if you find anyone please let me know. i need to find a good machine shop to also do my block work, so if you know any in cbus let me know. sorry i didnt come down last friday, was really busy over my break. i didnt even get to touch the cav this past week

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:08 AM
Ok, so I called a shop here in town and told them what I wanted to do the tranny... I told him install lsd insert, install clutch packs, and I wanted an upgraded valve body job... You know what he said about the valve body job? "oh we dont have anything for the 4T4OE transmission for that, its not really a performance transmission" But the price was right up my ally 560.00 bucks for that..

Can somebody explain to me what exactly a valve body job consist of? Is it aftermarket parts they install, or is it something they just do to the existing valve bodies?

306 TQ
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:24 PM
you can get the valve job done by ipt transmissions and then have someone put it in for you, thats what im gonna do, still waiting to hear back from people, but if ipt can offer me a decent price ill just have them do my entire tranny since they arent too far from ohio, i think PA or maryland

Saturday, December 01, 2007 10:02 AM
i was wondering if would be better idea to just go through pain and suffering to buy the mounts and adapter plate from bates and just install a stock 4t65e. i mean finding people to deal 4t40 is such a chore
http://www.transmissioncenter.net/alto_2.htm
no to mention all of the companies that make parts for the gtp/regalGs cars
i would love to know the costs of doing it but, for some reason no body in the F&^*^king world answers my emails.
some of the questions about this conversion would be(if some one answer)
can you retain power steering?
can you retain air conditioning?
im willing to give these up if i had too
look at the trade offs
a proven transmision with a nice limited slip
and availibilty if thing blows you know where to find another one
I wish bates would post a stickey
Saturday, December 01, 2007 3:50 PM
carnivorous- do you realize how much bigger a 4t65e is than the 4t40e and there are 2 different types of 4t65's and the one you would want would be a 4t65e HD and then for the power im wanting, i would still have to upgrade the HD 4t65e, so im just gonna do a fully built 4t40e. a 4t65e is prolly honestly not worth the headache

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search