Any Isuzu gurus out there? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any Isuzu gurus out there?
Saturday, October 08, 2011 4:58 PM
oh here is the situation, currently have in my yard '99 Sunflower GT 120,000km on the odo, when was bought there was NO oil in engine,(had to put 4 quarts in), NO Brakes (metal on metal and engraving rotors), needs windshield, fully loaded and was bought for $450 lol, any ways back to the isuzu, it drives nice and smooth and no problems during normal driving, but going in reverse you here and clunking noises that appear to sound with every rotation of the tire, I topped up tranny fluid, and clutch fluid and tried again same noise. was a car my fiance picked out so sadly I have to get rid of the noise, currently just redid ALL breaks, fixed rims, and got tire pressures way they should be. and going to continue while its in my garage ( after move the old black one out of there). Any ideas would be nice I would hate to say with that low km on it that the tranny is basically dead.thanks in advance

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Re: Any Isuzu gurus out there?
Saturday, October 08, 2011 5:39 PM
a clunking or a loud pitched squeal?

Saturday, October 08, 2011 6:27 PM
more of a clunking if you ride clutch back feels like something trying to stop it

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:31 AM
I know what you are talking about... kinda like something sounds loose in the transmission? If so I have a friend with a 99 cavalier that is the same way, has been running like that for 4 years now. I would most likely get it looked at. More than likely you are going to have to pull the trans and inspect the reverse gear from the inside for damage. What kind of fluid did you put in the trans? Hope it was some kind of dexron ATF.

Sunday, October 09, 2011 1:15 PM
lol Im pretty sure its syncromesh to go in there lol and I dont drive Automatics lol

Sunday, October 09, 2011 5:07 PM
Yea, syncromesh... I got mixed up for a minute.

Friday, October 21, 2011 5:19 AM
It almost sounds like something with the carrier bearings. You said it sounds like a clunk with each tire rotation, so that leads me to believe it's in the output stage of the tranny, not the clutch or anything with the gears themselves, or it would be a more frequent clunking. It may be that in reverse, the pressure pushing the output shafts in the opposite direction of forward drive is causing a loose or bad part to shift, which is why you're not hearing it under normal driving. It might not even by in the tranny. It could be in the CVs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search