Cobalt SS Wheels Will NOT Fit!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cobalt SS Wheels Will NOT Fit!!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, June 30, 2008 5:28 PM
The01Cav wrote:I just want to state this and make this clear.

The Cobalt SS 17" and 18" wheels will not fit on any Cavalier or Sunfire. The bolt pattern on the Cobalt is 5x110. The Bolt pattern for the Cavalier/Sunfire is 5x100. Completely different bolt patters for the wheels.

um.....DUH!!! lol

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 3:09 AM
Viper98912 wrote:
JokerAKA Showoff03LS wrote:dont forget that its also 5 Lug not just 5x100mm , the 03-05 cavs are 5 Lug

So do you have ANY clue what the numbers mean in a bolt pattern, such as 5x100?

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 11:59 AM
Viper98912 wrote:^ Have you weighed your stockers recently? They aren't that much far off.

actually, yes. a stock 16x6 95-99 z24 wheel weighs 17.20lbs. the wheel with stock eagle RS/A tire weighs 43.60. a savings of 6.70lbs per rim and tire. saving 26.8lbs of rotating mass and un-sprung weight total. (going by what others have said the stock CSS 18" wheel and tire weigh together, ive heard 50.10, 51.00 and 50.25. i gave the benefit of the doubt and went off the lowest weight.

if you think thats no big deal then you dont have a clue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 01, 2008 12:01 PM

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 1:23 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
Viper98912 wrote:^ Have you weighed your stockers recently? They aren't that much far off.

actually, yes. a stock 16x6 95-99 z24 wheel weighs 17.20lbs. the wheel with stock eagle RS/A tire weighs 43.60. a savings of 6.70lbs per rim and tire. saving 26.8lbs of rotating mass and un-sprung weight total. (going by what others have said the stock CSS 18" wheel and tire weigh together, ive heard 50.10, 51.00 and 50.25. i gave the benefit of the doubt and went off the lowest weight.

Ok good, because my 01 Z24 wheel weighed about 46 lbs I think. I was just hoping you weren't going to come out with some 30 lb number.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:07 PM
JokerAKA Showoff03LS wrote:dose it matter since they all fit ? some what but as long as the wheel fits i dont matter to me

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:23 PM
z yaaaa wrote:

really because when i weighed a bare 95-99 Z wheel it came out to 21# and a 00-02 came out to 22#.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 6:41 AM
^^^ mine was weighed on a fed-ex scale and a regular person-weigh scale you can buy at wal-mart.

it is hard to see that its truly a Z wheel, but trust me it is. here is a picture of a stock z wheel on the fed-ex scale....

Friday, July 04, 2008 9:45 PM
Maybe we could just weld the SS wheels to our Hubs?

Then it would fit for sure

So tired of this Question

Friday, July 04, 2008 9:52 PM
I mean really, it just sucks that no one can search for anything at all. If they honestly wanted them that bad just contact a damn machine shop and have them redrilled to 5x100 so they would work lol.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Saturday, July 05, 2008 11:10 AM
Yup it isnt completely impossible

But i dont't think worth the money

Monday, July 07, 2008 6:20 PM
you can get an a adapter for those rims im preety shure next time reasearch befor u buy and if u dont beleive us try put them on

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 3:08 AM
joshua knaack wrote:you can get an a adapter for those rims im preety shure next time reasearch befor u buy and if u dont beleive us try put them on

or you could just do it the correct way and get proper wheels that fit instead of being cheap

Monday, July 21, 2008 9:37 PM
Would the wheel bearings from a cobalt fit in a j-body? Kinda like a swap from a 4 lug to 5, just swap the wheel bearings over. Prbly safer than hub adapters.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:57 AM
cobalts have nothing in common with js except the fact they are made by gm.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:23 AM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:cobalts have nothing in common with js except the fact they are made by gm.

ITS SO TRUE

this is stupid this threads first post looked to be straight forward but sure enough we got 2 pages out of it

JBO since July 30, 2001
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:37 AM
Darkstars wrote:are you sure? they are both Chevy's they have to fit!

Wait!!!!!! That means the duramax wheels will fit them too!!!! NICE ima go buy some....

Why do people not search first....

Sunday, July 27, 2008 8:11 PM
EVOFire (DesertTuners) wrote:
Darkstars wrote:are you sure? they are both Chevy's they have to fit!

Wait!!!!!! That means the duramax wheels will fit them too!!!! NICE ima go buy some....

Why do people not search first....

whaaaaaaaaaaat? Theres a search button?!?

Monday, July 28, 2008 8:36 PM
I'm telling you, if its a GM it will fit...

on the first page someone even posted a pic of the SS installed on his car

dirrect fit

Monday, July 28, 2008 9:30 PM
so even tho escalade wheels are six lug, i can still use em' right?

it would only be missing one lug, that ain't no big deal!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:24 AM
02 redbadged wrote:so even tho escalade wheels are six lug, i can still use em' right?

it would only be missing one lug, that ain't no big deal!

Just put a large self-tapping screw in it's place. You'll be all set.

Friday, August 01, 2008 7:31 AM
sweet then im going to swap to standard cobalt wheels. 4 lugs, one less lug nut means extra light weight yo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Sunday, August 03, 2008 4:51 AM
LMAO!!!!!! At this thread.

BTW my cav has 5x115 in the front and 5x100 in the rear...nwf ftw lol.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Sunday, August 03, 2008 12:28 PM
sndsgood wrote:sweet then im going to swap to standard cobalt wheels. 4 lugs, one less lug nut means extra light weight yo.

thats what I'm talking about yo!!!!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:15 PM
I think this thread should be moved to "the war forum"

Thrice . wrote:i think you should go back and try to actually order some cam valves. see if he has any in stock. then ask him to give you an actual price and show you the website or anything legit about where he orders from...for all you know he is this dumb, and orders things that don't exist....he's probably got 10 of those ebay transistors that gave him eleventy hundred pony power....what a douche.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 6:46 AM
Quiklilcav wrote:If you want to put on a similar rim, and upgrade your car at the same time, do the IRS and NFW swaps, and get the 05-06 Monte SS rims. They look very similar to the Cobalt SS rims, but are 5x115. IIRC, they made them in chrome as well.

The only time I would recommend going with those Monte Carlo rims is if you're looking for appearance and nothing else. Those damn rims are HEAVY. The holes between the spokes are pretty small, and the spokes are pretty thick, making the rims nearly solid chunks of aluminum. My guess is around 25 lb. without tires. I DO like the look, but the amount of weight you're adding to the rotating mass of the car will really affect your cornering and braking performance, and personally I prefer stopping shorter to stopping longer.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search