Tire choice, but not for a J.. sorry... - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tire choice, but not for a J.. sorry...
Saturday, August 04, 2007 3:56 PM
Okay, as some of you know, I don't have a J but I just got an Altima SE-R, but I'm asking about tires and the impressions owners have of them.

I'm looking at 4 different sets of tires:
Nexen 3000 235/40/18 <-- Link is to the wrong size, but you'll see the tread pattern
Kumho Ecsta Sport 225/45/18
Nankang NSII 245/45/18
Hankook Ventus H405 225/45/18

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone has used any of these tires and what the impression of handling and noise is. I'm not going to use the SE-R in the winter, and this is going to be used for highway driving at a "spirited" pace.

So... Anyone use these tires?

Re: Tire choice, but not for a J.. sorry...
Sunday, August 05, 2007 10:51 AM
GET THE KUHMO ITS A GREAT TIRE FOR THE MONEY..HAVE U HAD ANY QUOTES ON THAT TIRE?
225/45/18
KUHMO SPORTS- 108 TIRE
FALCON FK 452 - 129 TIRE
DUNLOP DIREZZA DZ101- 148 TIRE
YOKAHAMA AVS ES100- 148 TIRE
BF GOODRICH G FORCE TA- 165 TIRE
FALCON AZENIS RT 615 170 TIRE

245/45/18
HANKOOK VENTIS SPORT K104 150 TIRE
NITTO INVO 170 TIRE
DUNLOP SP SPORT MAX 178 TIRE
GOODYEAR EAGLE F-1 ALL SEASON 202 TIRE

THESE ARE ALL MY FAVORITE TIRES AND THAY ARE ALL REALLY GOOD ALL AROUND TIRES..IF U HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. kessellrt59@yahoo.com or (520) 975-5088 or (520) 664-4793..thanks
Sunday, August 05, 2007 12:54 PM
I've never heard anything good about Nankangs...

Monday, August 06, 2007 9:03 AM
JuggaloZeke wrote:I've never heard anything good about Nankangs...

They're cheap and really quite impressive for the price. I actually kind of miss mine since I switched to Yokohama Parada Spec-2s -- the traction and road noise were better, though I imagine the Yokohamas will last longer.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Monday, August 06, 2007 9:55 AM
Dunlop SP Sport 9000 <- loved mine when i had them

Monday, August 06, 2007 1:41 PM
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Okay, as some of you know, I don't have a J but I just got an Altima SE-R, but I'm asking about tires and the impressions owners have of them.

I'm looking at 4 different sets of tires:
Nexen 3000 235/40/18

get either i FUZION HRI the VRi or the ZRi fuzion is put out by bridgestone and have the best wet/ dry traction out there and they are not expensice

245 40 18 fuzion zri are 122$ @ tire rack

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, i have already died once and im still here so lets just leave it on the track
Monday, August 06, 2007 4:38 PM
Out of the four choices, I'd go with the Nankang NSII. They're perfect as far as bang for the buck from all the reviews I've seen. But I got a set of Riken Raptors two months ago and I love 'em. The only drawback is the low treadwear but handling in wet and dry weather is awesome and they're relatively cheap so check 'em out...

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+401060+315708+115+4294811499

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:18 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be getting the tires from the US... There is way too much for shipping and duties, taxes... all that... Basically it'll double the cost of the tires.

I asked about those 4 specifically because they're available, and I'm interested in buying a set here and not having to traipse around the upper new york state area looking for a place to install them. I'm pretty much settled on the Hankook's mainly because I can get a road-hazard warranty for free from the dealer, and they're A/S... I'm not too concerned with snow performance because the car is going to be parked for the winter.

The Kumho's are great, I've heard good things, but they're not A/S, and the Road hazard warranty is about $95 extra that I don't have right now.

Cheers, thanks lads

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search