suspension upgrade! - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
suspension upgrade!
Saturday, May 28, 2011 8:12 PM
my brother had an 88' z24 and i remember the handling to be rather impressive considering it was an old cavalier. honestly it handled way better than my 02' Z besides tires obviously, what is the first suspension upgrade that will make my Z a bit more nimble? and preferrably get rid of the terrible lean. furthermore.... when i make a quick swerve to the left i can here a "click" sound on the right front suspension? what the hell is making that noise? perhaps i should replace that first. ball joint maybe? thanks everyone!

Re: suspension upgrade!
Sunday, May 29, 2011 1:46 AM
Replace your control arm bushings with poluurethane, swap for poly sway bar end links as well, and get a rear sway bar. Will make a world of difference.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:19 PM
is there a place u recommend getting these?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:47 PM
Turbo Tech Racing is a good place to get everything.

Sunday, June 05, 2011 9:41 PM
what brands are good? i want to put the best possible in there. is Moog acceptable?
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:09 PM
additionally.... ive noticed that the outside of the right front tire is wearing extremely fast compared to the rest of the tire. this has to be more than bad bushings yes yes?? the camber is probably off. any suggestions where to start? thanks for the input!!
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:51 PM
how many miles are on the car? Suspension probably needs an overhaul and new tie rod ends with an alignment...

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:54 PM
95k currently. i bought it at 90k. tie rods huh? what brand do you recommend. i want the good stuff!!!!! while im at it with suspension talk.... what lowering springs are acceptable? i think 1 1/2" would be plenty. i will be lowering for performance not show. ive seen many "off" brands recently, but to my knowledge eibach is the only thing worth the money (what do you think?). and if im correct you dont want stock shocks with lowering springs, so what shock do people like that wont break the bank? thanks for the input!!!
Thursday, June 09, 2011 3:57 AM
Saturday, June 11, 2011 3:50 PM
Yeah replace your tie rod ends, doesn't matter on the brand i think personally. I bought some cheap ones on rock auto, and they work great, and made the car a bit snappier. New tie rods, alignment, struts, springs, ball joints, and bushings will make a world of difference in handling and ride comfort.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 10:35 PM
i appreciate the advice. but you basically said if i change my entire front suspension to new parts it will help. thats obvious! i want to know what to work on first. is the ball joint worn out??? my right front tire is wearing very fast on the outside edge. thanks a bunch!

Monday, June 27, 2011 3:39 AM
Your best bet is to go to a reputable alignment shop and get a visual inspection. It could be a couple of things. Most likely a bad tie rod... but can't tell you from this end of the internet. lol

Monday, June 27, 2011 10:58 AM
Don't forget end-link bushings, pick up a J-body convertible front strut bar and bolt it to the firewall to make it nice and sturdy.
haven't yet to upgrade to stock control arm bushings but have new Tie-rods, end-links and ball joints along with an alignment.
AND WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

Have the front strut bar, next upgrades will be rear strut bar, rear anti-sway, front sway bar bushings and control arm bushings.
Have the RKsport K-Brace just gotta install it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search