Cipher Auto Seats - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cipher Auto Seats
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 4:38 PM
I have been reading a lot of good stuff about these seats from a company called Cipher Auto. I am particularly interested in these: http://www.cipherauto.com/Racing-Seats/Cipher-Racing/CPA1013-Black-Cloth-With-Suede-Insert-Racing-Seats. You can get the seats with brackets for the cavy for under $500. I am really debating on the seats. I need some new ones for around $500 w/ brackets. If no one has heard anything I might place an order and be the guinea pig for j-body.org.

Re: Cipher Auto Seats
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 4:39 PM
Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:14 PM
Well, I just ordered the Cipher Auto Seats. They have been safety tested by the Australian version of DOT. (I know, I know not American) Came to $450 with custom brackets. I'll post up a full review when I install them. Should be night and day versus my worn out stockers.
Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:50 PM
They look pretty good to me. Post some pics when they're in.
Monday, January 02, 2012 6:02 PM
Please keep this updated I have my eye on a pair of those seats. Im interested in how well the bracket lines up and seat placement (preferably lower than stock) Ill def keep my eye on this thread.
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 12:17 PM
Hmm... Thats why I got sparco's, made my own brackets, because I am tall and tailored it to my liking. Interested to see how they wind up...

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 12:58 PM
a friend of mine has a set on his vibe and they seem like pretty good seats

Thursday, January 05, 2012 10:52 AM
Well Fedex says they dropped them off at more doorstep today. It wasn't clear or not whether the brackets came with them or what (their site said there was sometimes a lead time of a week on the brackets). I'll post pics when I get home.
Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:23 AM
Here is some pics of the driver side seat. My brackets come next week so I'll try to get pictures of the whole process of installing them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:26 AM
They definitely hold you in place and offer way more support than the stockers. The relining action is pretty smooth and the sliding works great. They recline forward so you can get into the back seat as well. I'll take pics of all these positions when I get them in the car.
Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:29 AM
they look nice, seems like a good deal for $500. Interested to see pics after the install...

Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:37 AM
Yeah they remind me of my seats in my old g6, but with a tighter grip and more cushion and suede inserts Material seems like it is pretty high quality. The foam needs a little break, and the frame is nice and thick. The seats weight about 25-30 pounds a piece, so I don't know how much if any weight savings I'll get. Check out the frames in these things for reference:

The one on the left is theirs the one on the right is one from your average ebay seat.
Sunday, January 08, 2012 10:21 PM
Looks pretty awesome! I am VERY interested to see the brackets and how the seats actually look installed!
Sunday, January 08, 2012 10:29 PM
Hmmmmm might have to look into these eventually

Monday, January 09, 2012 10:19 AM
might be picking these up in vinyl or leather, then having the rear upholstered to match.

Modding my j since I found the org
Friday, January 13, 2012 11:43 AM
Nice choice man, only issue would be the price for most people since I got my Celica seats for $150 and made the brackets myself.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:53 PM
http://www.andysautosport.com/chevrolet/2000_2002_cavalier/interior/seats/racing_seats/cipher_auto/

cheaper than Cipher's actual website.

How's the side bolstering? I need new seats for the upcoming race season.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:24 PM
Side bolstering seems like it keeps you in place pretty good. I still have to install them in my car. Just waiting for the weather to get a little nicer and the free time.
Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:55 PM
Those do look nice..I bet they'll feel even better after a few months of 'break in'.
I just swapped out some 01 Camaro SS leather seats into my Cavalier, prob not as soft as those you got though. Definitely lower/narrower though.

Nice choice, did you get any harnesses for the belts yet? While they look awesome, I think it looks tacky in almost every tuner car Ive seen with racing seats, and normal style belts lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, January 23, 2012 11:12 AM
blu04DD wrote:I think it looks tacky in almost every tuner car Ive seen with racing seats, and normal style belts lol

No roll bar=no harness

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:52 PM
Well I got the seats installed and the bracket makes them sit about 3-4" too high and 3" or so closer to the dash. I got them to refund me for the brackets. I'm going to fab up my own.

Monday, January 30, 2012 8:44 AM
Quote:

Well I got the seats installed and the bracket makes them sit about 3-4" too high and 3" or so closer to the dash.

Boo. For $450, this shouldn't end up being an issue. Sucks. At least they're refunding you for the "custom" brackets.
Any idea when you're going to have them all done?
Monday, April 02, 2012 1:52 PM
interested to know as well. I ordered them and are having the same problems. Please advise.
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 7:47 PM
Sub'd

Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:16 PM
Any update?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search