How To Change the color of your 95-99 cluster gauges w/ LED's - Page 11 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How To Change the color of your 95-99 cluster gauges w/ LED's
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:22 PM
got all 4- 1/2 cluster sockets for my 99 too...now the leds. i was wondering about the color changing ones 194. any idea where i can find them?

Ain't Nothing To it But To Do IT!!!

Friday, May 21, 2010 9:29 PM
chewy- what LED did you use for your gauges??

Friday, May 21, 2010 11:54 PM
all red i;ll post the pics as soon as i get the bulbs in... im excited like a mug

Saturday, May 22, 2010 9:24 AM
im sorry, i should have been more clear. i meant what size of LED did you use for the 2000+ gauges

Sunday, May 23, 2010 4:23 AM
MY BAD BRO I GOT A 99 Z24
NOT SURE IF ITS THE SAME PATY THO...

Super Bright LEDs, Inc.
4400 Earth City Expressway
St. Louis, Missouri 63045-1328

tel: 314-972-6200
fax: 314-972-6202

mailto:order_info@superbrightleds.com

New Order: Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 19:47:47 from UNITED STATES.

---------- PRODUCT INFORMATION ----------

Qty | Product / Options | Price/ea |
============================================================
4 | WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb | $ 2.99 |
Red WLED-R5
------------------------------------------------------------

FROM READING AROUND IT MIGHT NOT HELP TO BUY THE SAME BULBS.. JUST ASK OR LOOK FOR 5MIN ON J-BODY

Sunday, June 06, 2010 7:47 AM
wow..i cant believe this thread is still active lol

Saturday, June 26, 2010 12:15 AM
Finally did mine today. I'll get pictures when I get it all back together tomorrow. Painted a little and did the climate control knobs and lights too
Friday, April 29, 2011 7:17 AM
Awesome write up! Parts ordered for Cluster, HVAC and a few bulbs for gauges i have!

Very useful, thanks for taking the time for posting this!

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:59 AM
This should totally be stickied. btw.

Got all of the peices and parts for the gauge cluster lighting, Gauge lighting, HVAC lighting for my new '99 Cluster with a Tach! Excited! All of the lighting is the Cool White color. For a nice clean look. I'll include links on all of them for you, to easily jump to it, if you want to purchase some yourself.

2" Gauge lightning to replace the standard bulb (on bottom), LED (on top)

Gauge cluster Sockets & 194 LED's. I used the 12v WLED-CW5's.
If you are curious on how to go about doing this, a big thanks and props to Scott (Section8cav).

HVAC LED's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:16 PM

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Tuesday, August 09, 2011 4:52 PM
HVAC LED's.

How did these work for you in the HVAC's?
Monday, November 14, 2011 1:44 PM
Im wondering why do u need to buy the new bottom part for the leds u can easily remove the bulb from the old socket

And before anyone says anything about my low quality pics i took them with my cell because my family doesnt know how to respect other peoples property and they "misplaced" my camera

The terminal pin is the only thing keeping the bulb in

All i did was grab my pocket knife and just poked at it i bent them straight and the bulb came out

i havent yet tried them with the leds but the socket is clean and it looks like it should fit right in

Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:19 AM
I thought you had to wet sand off the back of the gauge overlay because it was painted on green. I thought if you just throw in a colored LED bulb it will look discolored because of the green on the overlay.
Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:37 AM
the new sockets are not NEEDED, as you can tell. However some people like all new parts, and they should have that option, so in a "write up" the new parts were used and referenced too.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:08 PM
hey guys I'm not sure if i'm doing white face gauges in the 98 z24 or not yet I currently have the black center and led's on order from superbrightled I did notice the color of my gauges are blue when a WHITE light is applied but I bought blue so the needles will light too, now I have done the gauges on another car of mine there is a pic attached here I did not run into any problems other than im pretty sure my rpms maybe off by about 300 rpm but only at the top the idle is still reading correctly as well as the fuel and temp. this is with the factory lights in the dash as well I ONLY CHANGED THE OVERLAY as well as the bezel 99 chevy lumina ltz s/c btw

now are the motors in the cavi's any different than the ones in my other chevy?
Your text to link here...

ok this might work this is the album where the pics are I couldn't add an attachment

age is one thing....experience is another, i'm not the greatest in the world, but I can do it, and I can do it right
Friday, February 17, 2012 5:48 PM
I am putting an order together for LEDs to change the colour of my gauges on a 99 Z24. From what I've read it requires 4 LEDs, if this is incorrect could someone please let me know.

The real reason I am writing on here, seems related/right place to ask, is that my light has burnt out or whatever behind the odometer (digital) and it is very hard to see (very barely able to see it with dash lights on). I would rather not open up my entire dash until I have the right pieces to fix this problem. If anyone can guide me to some helpful information it would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if anyone else has come across this problem or if someone has noticed what lights this up while they had their dash apart. I could really use some help.
Friday, February 17, 2012 6:58 PM
yes 4 LEDs is correct. you will also need these sockets so you can just save your stock sockets and not worry about soldering the LEDs to them.

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Friday, February 17, 2012 7:06 PM
ya, i read that i need the half inch sockets.

any ideas on the odometer light?

Also does anyone have any info on the festoon lights that are located in the mirror? Want to change those but I need the right size as there are multiple sizes on www.superbrightleds.com

Thanks
Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:57 PM
those are 194 bulbs as well. although i would get anything crazy, as the LED's i tried to put in the mirror didnt want to physically fit in the space available. So in my opinion i would just get standard 1 bulb LED, might need to modify something to make them fit..i know i did. anyone else done this that can add to this?

Sunday, March 18, 2012 5:02 PM
I used a 4 LED bulb for my mirrors, more than bright enough and fit perfectly behind the lense.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:11 AM
I am still puzzled about the process....
Monday, April 01, 2013 12:45 AM
Quick Question on the 98 z24 gauges with the digital odometer is it possible to change the colour of that also?

Monday, April 01, 2013 10:06 AM
and may i ask has anyone done green in the z24 gauges there was someone who has but the images are gone
Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:20 PM
Hmm.

i want cyan blue LED on my 99 dash now.

That old 90's- ish color is getting on my nerves, since the bulb that is lighting the odometer that show how much kilometers i made died.. that digital orange odometer, you know?

So my dash looks like that :

Can anyone give me the specs for the swap? i dont know @!#$ about blub spec.. xD

Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:23 PM
Akira Legacy wrote:Hmm.

i want cyan blue LED on my 99 dash now.

That old 90's- ish color is getting on my nerves, since the bulb that is lighting the odometer that show how much kilometers i made died.. that digital orange odometer, you know?

So my dash looks like that :

Can anyone give me the specs for the swap? i dont know @!#$ about blub spec.. xD

OH YEAHYEAH, i live in Montréal QC Canada, so it's Canadian GM.... Stange, i got US symbols, like the ABS , the TRAC CONTROL, the CHECK GAGES and stuff, but the cluster is in KPH.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 10:54 AM
You're not going to find LEDs in that color. You can get them in blue, green, red, amber, ultraviolet, and three variations of white (cool white-hint of blue hue, neutral white, and warm white-hint of yellow).

The only way to get the color you're looking for would be to either add some stained glass paint to the back of the cluster face, or to mix individual LEDs in there (some soldering and enginuity required).

I've got a small circuit that I've made that I am going to install in a cluster to demo which could give you what you want. Not sure if you're looking to spend any more than the cost of some LED bulbs, but it's an option for you. Rather than junking up the thread, if you're interested in hearing more, PM me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search