airbag simulator - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: airbag simulator
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:29 AM
I'll make one and try it this afternoon!

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:50 PM
Holy crap.... way to go guys I like it when stuff like this comes along.... now if only someone can tell me how the TPS Tec and EGR Sim work

I wouldn't worry about the airbags deploying.... unless it gets the right command from the SDM, they won't fire. I've even cut wires by mistake, no problems...

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:24 AM
So Grimor, I get a 1/4 watt resistor red red gold gold and plug it in and tape it off so it stays in the plug?

Friday, June 09, 2006 9:22 PM
yup, that's all I did, minus the tape lol

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Friday, June 09, 2006 9:28 PM
hmmm very interesting

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Sunday, June 11, 2006 11:11 AM
On startup does the light react normally now?

My Cardomain Page<--Updated 12/4/05
Monday, June 12, 2006 8:14 AM
Do you have a pic of how it's plugged in or is it like you can't mess it up by how you plug it in, and I had the same question as 92CAVQUEST, does the light act normally upon starting the car?

Friday, June 16, 2006 6:12 PM
Please a PM or something relating to this question. I would really like to know.

My Cardomain Page<--Updated 12/4/05
Friday, June 16, 2006 7:10 PM
Grimor wrote:well, I tried it. Had to use 2 since I don't have a passenger side air bag. The light flashed a bunch and went off. Who wants to be the test monkey to see if they make the passenger side air bag blow when you use it just on the drivers side?

It appears to work just fine. I don't have a working airbag module at the moment... so I couldn't try it myself even if I wanted to.

Anyone wanna sell me a 00-02 module cheap?

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:25 PM
My question is how do I get the light to shut off and the air bag to still work? I pulled my wheel off and put it back on so I still have original steering wheel. I want my airbag to work. Is it going to work with light on? Is it going to work with resistor in it to shut light off? Would I have to take it to the dealer to get the computer reset? I just want the light off and both bags to work properly. Any help guys?

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:00 PM
if you put the airbag back in it shouldnt have the light on at all did the airbags go off?

SATCH PROGRESS THREAD!!!

Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:38 PM
assuming you connected the wires right

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:08 AM
Here is the response I received from tech on the passenger air bag, driver's side is the same:

Quote:

The SDM(airbag module) looks for the resistance of the pass. side airbag deployment loop to be in a range from 1.6 ohms to 2.9 ohms. so any resistor within that range should do the trick.

No reset procedure other than clearing codes after installing resistor. Get the system scanned, may have other codes other then pass. airbag circuit.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:26 PM
Mennitti wrote:Here is the response I received from tech on the passenger air bag, driver's side is the same:

Quote:

The SDM(airbag module) looks for the resistance of the pass. side airbag deployment loop to be in a range from 1.6 ohms to 2.9 ohms. so any resistor within that range should do the trick.

No reset procedure other than clearing codes after installing resistor. Get the system scanned, may have other codes other then pass. airbag circuit.

So what the heck does that mean? I unplugged air bags when I took dash out and plugged them back in when I put it back together. The airbag light stays on.

There is pluf in sterring wheel, one on pass bag and one under pass seat right?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:22 PM
If you used a 2.2 ohm resistor it should be correct. However mine did not work like what was mentioned above by Grimor with the light flashing and going out. My light is still on. I tried to scan the codes, but the scan tool I used does not do air bags..... so I'm looking for someone that has a scan tool around here that works on air bags, or has more knowledge than me on how the air bag circuit works.

The car is in storage for the winter but I'm wondering if the light could be on due to a blown fuse, anyone know?

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:33 PM
yes it can be on because of a blown fuse mine did that
Thursday, November 29, 2007 6:52 PM
i'll have to check. Got it stored for winter now. Thanks for the help.

Monday, December 03, 2007 5:53 PM
I'm confused, you installed your airbags, want them to work, but also put in the resistor to simulate the airbag being hooked up?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 3:32 PM
no no no. I took the wheel off and ripped the entire dash out. When I put it back together the light is on and won't shut off. I still have my airbags and I still want them to work. I understand the resistor will bipass the light but I want the bags to actually work correctly.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:42 PM
the sdm will need codes removed, if power is applied with an improper resistence-open, removed,shorted etc. a code will show
air bag system won't work until it is reset
pull fuse and let it sit for a day- replace, it may reboot itself when powered-otherwise you need a scanner

Sunday, December 23, 2007 9:00 PM
Tuckin18s wrote:no no no. I took the wheel off and ripped the entire dash out. When I put it back together the light is on and won't shut off. I still have my airbags and I still want them to work. I understand the resistor will bipass the light but I want the bags to actually work correctly.

Check the airbag module under the passenger side seat. I did the samething as you (while swaping in new dash) had the passenger side seat out in the process. Well we must have rested our knee on the module which unpluged it, and when everything was back together light was on. Took alot of swapping oparts out to find the problem.

FU Tuning

Saturday, May 23, 2009 12:29 PM
where can i find a red red gold gold resistor? i have looked at radioshack and found nothing... is there a website?

Saturday, May 23, 2009 12:53 PM
red red gold gold is just a color code. its a 2.2 ohm resistor

http://mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?N=254365+4294647219+4294646487

Saturday, May 23, 2009 3:39 PM
Anyone willing to make another one of these?

FU Tuning

Saturday, May 23, 2009 5:29 PM
I think I could throw one in the mail for you if I can find the extra resisters I have.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search