E-Brake causing a delay - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
E-Brake causing a delay
Saturday, October 07, 2006 4:48 PM
Okay, so I'm about to ditch my bezel mounted monitor setup and start on a new console/dash project. My current setup is as follows:
Screen in the bezel where the stock CD player used to set.
New head unit is glassed into what used to be the tray in the console, below the HVAC.

I want to do something to completely connect the console and the dash bezel. I'd like to mount the screen on an angle in front of the shifter, relocate the HVAC above the screen, and the cd player above that just below the vents. My problem with the ebrake handle is that I'd like to make a 3-gauge pod to set in that small crevice that the E brake handle lays into. Is there any possible way to do away with the conventional E brake handle?

Woooo bubbies.

Re: E-Brake causing a delay
Saturday, October 07, 2006 5:14 PM
Well, you could just remove the e brake handle all together. You would be sacrificing an ebrake for electronics.

----------------------------

Saturday, October 07, 2006 7:38 PM
Yeah, I weighed the option, but I still use my E-Brake from time to time. So, I'm hoping to come up with a way to shorten it or relocate it somehow. Thanks for the response, man.

Woooo bubbies.
Saturday, October 07, 2006 8:50 PM
well its all done with cables, so if you tear it apart i am sure you can rig somthing.... just gotta put some thought into it thats all.

Saturday, October 07, 2006 9:00 PM
im not sure what the rules are but just check to make sure your vehical isnt required to have a functional e-brake to pass inspection or something...just trying to help cover all the angles...best of luck
Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:28 AM
If it's just cables then I may try to rig something up inside the console box. This will be my first time trying anything like this but I think it's entirely possible. I'll get back to you cats later with details.

Woooo bubbies.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search