SliMMaTiC's Official Widebody Thread - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: SliMMaTiC's Official Widebody Thread
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 8:29 PM
Looks good bud. Maybe trim the edges just makes it look alot neater for the picture. But overall good job. When it comes time to sanding and shaping the panels make sure the its thick enough so you wont burn thu it with the sand paper. I rough mine with 80 and 40 grit. Don't get discouraged it takes time . Also Don't get burn out on the big project remember a hobby is to be enjoyed.

I should have mine close to primer for Nopi in sept. in GA. Showing in unfinshed class. Check out my page for updated process on my ride. If you have a myspce account add me as a friend.

Link Below

Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:23 AM
here, this is what I was talkin about

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=119847

Thursday, July 10, 2008 12:27 PM
metal working is becoming a lost form. fiberglass is jsut allot easier for kids to pick up and try. its easy to slap some resin on cloth. most kids did it in school with paper mache. working with metal involves real tools and equipment, knowledge of said tools etc. etc. etc. most people can start fiberglassing for 20 bucks.

glad to see your still working on it, got a long way to go. good luck.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, July 10, 2008 12:39 PM
sndsgood wrote:metal working is becoming a lost form. fiberglass is jsut allot easier for kids to pick up and try. its easy to slap some resin on cloth. most kids did it in school with paper mache. working with metal involves real tools and equipment, knowledge of said tools etc. etc. etc. most people can start fiberglassing for 20 bucks.

glad to see your still working on it, got a long way to go. good luck.

i was thinking the same thing, i just watched one of the old guys at work (body shop) re make a filler panel out of sheet metal for an old pontiac parisienne and it was amazing how he made it look so easy

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:55 PM
Looking good man

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 9:18 PM
updates?!?! UPDATES?!?!?! ............ i think i'm addicted to this thread now. dude, you are bad ASS for even attempting this. pull it off, make it look fly, and you are just WOW in my book. and if not.... maddd kudos for ambition and determination.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 10:48 PM
wow man looking really good it reminds me of when vince(bigpoppa) was starting his build, keep it up and lets see some updates lol

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 10:54 PM
thats f-ing dope man!!! im doing the same to my 2nd gen as we speak, gotta hit the store 2mar and get sum more supplies though

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/tntodc38107/droid.jpg
speed is only for those who use it, smoke or get smoked!!!
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 6:17 AM
I like the progress of the last year...keep it coming along.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 11:17 AM
I did the widebody/flares on my car out of steel.
Much stronger and no worries about cracking.
I had a thread of the finished product, Alot of welding but IMO it was worth it. When it was all said and done the fenders weighed approx a little less then twice the amount as stock. If anyone is interested I have pics kicking around somewhere

ShowFire

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:53 PM
I really wish i could have seen this project finish.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:57 AM
I had no idea you were doing this, man. What's the update? Is the project dead in the water or still in the works?

Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:42 PM
lol, no updates for over a year.....

Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:12 PM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:lol, no updates for over a year.....

I don't remember the last time I saw a post from him at all. My guess is he moved on.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:24 PM
That sucks, I was hoping to see some progress.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:31 PM
He had spurts of updates where he would have a lot done. Not saying I understood some of it (molds of his bumper) but hey! I think his ambition went thru the floor when he discovered the rust behind the body kit.

Friday, July 17, 2009 8:58 PM
Lol, just read every post till page 5 not looking at the dates. Dead end i guess. Cant somebody give this guy a call?

Friday, July 17, 2009 11:46 PM
^^^^ awwwww man, what a complete and total waste of time....

Sunday, July 19, 2009 8:18 AM
It's a shame.... =P
Monday, July 20, 2009 6:50 AM
Just shot Tom an email; hopefully he can come on here and clear this up. Met him at a car show a few years back--good guy and always had big hopes for his Sunfire.

Monday, July 20, 2009 9:05 AM
Agent Omega wrote:Just shot Tom an email; hopefully he can come on here and clear this up. Met him at a car show a few years back--good guy and always had big hopes for his Sunfire.

Sweet hope he responds.

Monday, July 20, 2009 3:07 PM
Hey guys, I'm still alive. Thanks for getting a hold of me Chris.

The project is not dead, just put on hold for now. My life has been really busy in the last year, so I haven't been able to do much on the car until I can free up some time. I'm working a fulltime job, getting my masters, and own a real estate investment business along with a business consulting business. After that, not much time left to work on the car. It's still in the garage and I put in some hours here and there, but have not have the time to truly dedicate to it. We are picking up our last house for the year this month, and are hoping to have it rehabbed by September, at which point I plan to start putting some serious hours into the project.

I'm really glad to hear that people are still into this, it definitely gets me excited to get back to it. I'll see if I can snap some pics of how it sits currently.

Wide Body Progress

Monday, July 20, 2009 3:18 PM
Here is a current pic.

Wide Body Progress

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:40 PM
I'm glad your still around, The car is looking a little rough right now, but that is going to look awesome with that front end. I can't wait to see more updates.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 12:04 AM
Yet another thread in this section I revive from the dead in demand for updates! lol Car looks like it was starting to really take off in the last pic....anxious to see whats going on with it now??

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search