Northstar V8 cavalier - Page 13 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Northstar V8 cavalier
Sunday, September 07, 2008 6:34 PM
sndsgood wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:^^ Excuse Jason, he's a lil slow sometimes

how would i know who he was genius.

You probably wouldnt have known talking to me those days- drinking the whole time cause I'm canadian, eh

John H [CavalierKid wrote:]wow. nice custom work. you have alot of time in that.

More time than i can remember or want to think about, lol

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's

Monday, September 08, 2008 12:27 AM
we need to talk, check ur pm pls!

Monday, September 08, 2008 9:05 AM
1997ztwo4 wrote:
sndsgood wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:^^ Excuse Jason, he's a lil slow sometimes

how would i know who he was genius.

You probably wouldnt have known talking to me those days- drinking the whole time cause I'm canadian, eh

John H [CavalierKid wrote:]wow. nice custom work. you have alot of time in that.

More time than i can remember or want to think about, lol

crap now that you said that i do remember you lol. i remember talking to you and going, this guy sounds canadian lol. i was gonna ask you but decided not to lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, September 09, 2008 8:37 AM
this brought something to mind from a few years ago... what ever happened to the 454 cavi?

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 9:51 AM
any update on this?

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:04 AM
LOL back from teh dead.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:15 AM
isn't the only update that its been up and running for a few months now?

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 3:25 PM
Fireshroom wrote:any update on this?

You mean like this?

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 6:18 PM
This is insane!! Great job man!! Is it still FWD?
Tuesday, September 08, 2009 6:24 PM
Nevermind... I just answered my self by looking at the engine position.. It would be crazy to make it rear wheel drive!
Tuesday, September 08, 2009 7:16 PM
well if anybody could do it im sure he could.

Familiar Taste of Poison.

Monday, November 30, 2009 2:57 PM
Rodolfo Perez wrote:This is insane!! Great job man!! Is it still FWD?

did you not look at the pics... you can plainly see it is FWD
Monday, November 30, 2009 3:10 PM
Bones131 wrote:

you bumped the thread for that? Even after he immediately fallowed that question with....

Rodolfo Perez wrote:Nevermind... I just answered my self by looking at the engine position.. It would be crazy to make it rear wheel drive!

good job stupid

Monday, November 30, 2009 3:30 PM
Darkstars wrote:
Bones131 wrote:

you bumped the thread for that? Even after he immediately fallowed that question with....

Rodolfo Perez wrote:Nevermind... I just answered my self by looking at the engine position.. It would be crazy to make it rear wheel drive!

good job stupid

You had to bump the thread to point out the already painfully obvious?

/sarcasm

Monday, November 30, 2009 3:32 PM
Bones131s profile wrote:Joined: Thursday, November 26, 2009

yep...

Monday, November 30, 2009 3:57 PM
Bump again for the Fuck of it.

Monday, November 30, 2009 5:21 PM
bump for an amazing car and a good chuckle

Monday, November 30, 2009 6:28 PM
He bumped the thread in 3rd gen earlier.

I still have pics of this build on my phone because my friends didnt beieve me when I told them.

Monday, November 30, 2009 9:46 PM
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:
Bones131s profile wrote:Joined: Thursday, November 26, 2009

yep...

c'mon, leave him alone. No reason to start that @!#$ already.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:12 PM
Since the thread is here anyway- The car left the girlfriend and i stranded a couple weekends ago (broke a shift cable) quite far from home. Its been really reliable till that point but it still really bothered me (along with a few other unresolved issues- bodywork, cant flat drag it due to front tire clearance)
The car now sits in front of my shop untill a few other projects are finished (my truck, my brothers 2 trucks and my friends truck) at which point i will make the final decission on what to do with it. I dont think i want to finish it up how it is- at this point the plan is turn it into a longterm project and build it into something crazy. Time will tell, may have other priorities by that time that may slow progress.

_

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 3:40 PM
Sorry to hear bro, I loved the build. I hope you stick with it in the future, I would love to see a crazy wild v8 cav fully built.

FOR SALE

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 4:49 PM
lmao, build it into something crazy is what you already did! Now make it rediculous .

Good luck with it and sorry to hear that it left you stranded.

--------------------------------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird // 1995 Beretta Base
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:42 PM
I say a turbo the size of a small child.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 6:57 PM
I knew it was only a matter of time before someone took my dream and turned it into a reality. I have wanted to do this to my old cav since the day I bought it. Then it turned into everyone saying it would never fit and never be able to work so I gave up on it since I didn't have time or money to do it. Props to you and you gave me my next project car if I can't get my truck that I want down the road.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 8:22 PM
BaggedOn20s wrote:Sorry to hear bro, I loved the build. I hope you stick with it in the future, I would love to see a crazy wild v8 cav fully built.

Its a little odd that something so simple can drain the fun out of it. I guess its partly because I have been looking for an excuse to redo it- tastes have changed as well as abilities, my brother (he has always been a huge help on my projects) and I have both learned a lot in the couple years since the original build and feel we can improve on it quite a bit.

snowblindburd wrote:lmao, build it into something crazy is what you already did! Now make it rediculous .

Good luck with it and sorry to hear that it left you stranded.

Thanks. It doesnt seem so crazy when you get used to seeing it, after enough hours of working on it it just seems normal- almost like its just suppose to be there.

TheSundownFire (JBO Chat) wrote:I say a turbo the size of a small child.

No turbo, it goes against the goals. The end goal is it must be completely driveable (as much as any modified car of course) and must throw sparks- flat dragging, and retain the current wheel and driveline setups.

Cavie Freak / Silverado Freak wrote:I knew it was only a matter of time before someone took my dream and turned it into a reality. I have wanted to do this to my old cav since the day I bought it. Then it turned into everyone saying it would never fit and never be able to work so I gave up on it since I didn't have time or money to do it. Props to you and you gave me my next project car if I can't get my truck that I want down the road.

Its been together for, i guess close to two years now (the fabrication side of things) It is sad to hear that you were discouraged from your goals by the naysayers- to be honest reading those kind of posts is part of what drove me to try this- that and boredom with the standard bolton route Do be advised that it is quite the undertaking, but certainly worth it in the end

_

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search