Northstar V8 cavalier - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Northstar V8 cavalier
Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:13 AM
Skunk - REBORN 4/08 wrote:
Go.Stop (Ron Carvalho) wrote:After you make peoples jaw's drop with the speed, tell them the engine is stock

Funny thing about that is he won't be lying. That is simply amazing...I'll take 2.

Awesome job dude, that is by far the best swap ever. What's that engine rated at hp and tq wise, for some reason I'm drawing a blank.

I believe its around the 300hp mark, but I cant remember right now.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:33 AM
damn... and i thought this was another dumbass how do i........ thread. awsome work man. how do you chane the plugs though?

speed kills!!!! drive a honda and live forever!!!!
Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:57 AM
Skunk - REBORN 4/08 wrote:
Go.Stop (Ron Carvalho) wrote:After you make peoples jaw's drop with the speed, tell them the engine is stock

Funny thing about that is he won't be lying. That is simply amazing...I'll take 2.

Awesome job dude, that is by far the best swap ever. What's that engine rated at hp and tq wise, for some reason I'm drawing a blank.

They are rated at 300hp stock, i should easily be able to put more than that to the wheels, between the lack of intake restriction, headers that flow way better than stock, 3' exhaust and tuning not to mention its running through a manual trans- hopefullly its scary Cant wait to feel the torque!

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Saturday, March 22, 2008 11:12 AM
Very nicely done. I've said for a long time I am sure it could be done, but don't have the resources to do it at the moment.

I'm glad to see that someone finally stepped up and hit a home run with it.

Truly top notch!

Saturday, March 22, 2008 1:57 PM
Did you make that front upper cross-member able to come out, so you can change the front plugs? lol that's just crazy, but it doesn't surprise me seeing the other things you've done with that car. The M62 on the LD9, and the recent front brake upgrade, and now this, simply stellar and outstanding. And it didn't take 4+ years to do either!!!!

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Saturday, March 22, 2008 2:42 PM
cavalac. i like it!.

it will be like that V8 ford focus video i seen a while back. a V8 grumble, and a little car coming toward you.

great work, and keep us updated/ good luck.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 2:48 PM
BlownBlackZ wrote:Did you make that front upper cross-member able to come out, so you can change the front plugs? lol that's just crazy, but it doesn't surprise me seeing the other things you've done with that car. The M62 on the LD9, and the recent front brake upgrade, and now this, simply stellar and outstanding. And it didn't take 4+ years to do either!!!!

It was actually an M90 And rear brakes are on the way when i get around to the rear suspension. Not sure why everyone is concerned about the front plugs, they are new and the engine will be out again in 7 or 8 months (less than 5000km) again anyways, it never actually stays together over a winter

_

Saturday, March 22, 2008 4:48 PM
Saw the post on motorswap.org... very nice indeed!

I'm quite impressed, you've gone and done what many people talk about doing but never really have the balls to. Good work!

Happy to add another list to the "possible" J-body swaps. A highly unlikely, probably very expensive, and tons of fabricating required swap... but still, it's possible.

...j

Saturday, March 22, 2008 4:48 PM
with that much weight in the front now, are you planning on Independent rear suspension now?

Saturday, March 22, 2008 5:07 PM
my girlfriend just asked me what in your pants

Saturday, March 22, 2008 5:59 PM
That is freaking sick! Keep us updated

Saturday, March 22, 2008 6:59 PM
Maken Waves wrote:with that much weight in the front now, are you planning on Independent rear suspension now?

No that would be just crazy

_

Sunday, March 23, 2008 3:50 AM
I hope it can be 4wd.... well i am asking a bit too much. I wanna see this dream come thru too.

For bitches:

How many tampons do u have?.................................................@T&T raising the BRA
(because too lose)
Sunday, March 23, 2008 8:49 AM
why would you want 4wd?

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Sunday, March 23, 2008 12:43 PM
whats the mpg's on northstar v8

Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:39 PM
Lol, i am assuming thats sarcasm- i am hoping for 5 smiles per gallon. Actually i read a quote on here once that sums up all that is important about this car "When you turn your car on, does it return the favour"

_

Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:55 PM
Extremely Cool

Can't wait to see it run

Where are you located?

Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:50 PM
thats so ridiculous that its retarded, in a good way though.

"still want to smash that like the fist of an angry god"
Monday, March 24, 2008 2:28 AM
if you're putting a northstar engine in your car, and the first thing across your mind is gas mileage, you're in the wrong forum, please click the x at the top right

again...killer swap, now make it run

Monday, March 24, 2008 4:11 AM
Freaking Sweet.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 24, 2008 4:55 AM
1997ztwo4 wrote:...Actually i read a quote on here once that sums up all that is important about this car "When you turn your car on, does it return the favour"

Ironicly, that's from a Caddy commercial.

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:53 AM
Steve-O wrote:why would you want 4wd?

I'm not saying I would want 4wd here either due to it being prohibitively difficult in this situation -- but, there is some truth to the idea that beyond about 250 hp, any FWD car tends to get a bit hard to handle. A decent AWD system would be nifty.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Monday, March 24, 2008 5:58 AM
Indeed. Just get some super glue and popsicle sticks and call it good.

Yeah right, seeing what this guy's done so far he'd probably do something absolutely nuts like find a way to swap a WRX awd system in there or something... then he'd probably throw twin turbochargers and we'd see a 800whp awd Cavalier...

OMG Do it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 24, 2008 5:58 AM

Monday, March 24, 2008 6:10 AM
5mpg??? i highly doubt thats all it get's in the heavy as fawk cadillac is was home to. think lightweight cavalier and all that torque... you should see at least 15. after all its not a 70 350 chevy, its a modern fuel injected, highly efficient engine.

Monday, March 24, 2008 6:29 AM
so he won't be let down when he gets over 5....come on, he swapped a v8 into a cavalier....he obviously didn't care about economy, lol

this car should be fairly efficient though, I suspect he will be able to achieve similar mileage to stock, assuming he can keep his foot out of it (thats the real key)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search