Cavalier XS... you asked for them... - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cavalier XS... you asked for them...
Monday, October 20, 2008 5:35 AM
Hell yea, nice seeing this beast at the Meet yesterday.. OHIO boosted jbodies FTW!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Monday, October 20, 2008 7:35 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Hell yea, nice seeing this beast at the Meet yesterday.. OHIO boosted jbodies FTW!!

x2

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Monday, October 20, 2008 9:11 PM
Ken I'm glad you were able to bring this down to the meet, I thought it looked awesome. I'll also help you look into a filter set up for this thing, I'll ask some of the guys with WRX's i know, how there filter is setup.

JBO Member since 2006.
Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:45 AM
ahah yes! I love it... how do you like it so far? your going to see now how hard it is to put the power down with the power curve. Defiantly let me know what kind of numbers you put down. I am at 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi but if you are going to a more aggressive tune you should easily be able to hit high 300s with that same boost.

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:05 PM
Well thats interesting....

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Friday, October 24, 2008 11:46 AM
looks nice

Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:20 AM
Just wanted to invite you all to come check out my CarDomain Page... I uploaded a bunch of recent pics and a few in action videos....

(the videos are real crappy quality... but get the point across.)

Will be updating more soon.

Sorry for the delay in updates... but getting laid off tends to put a damper on big costly projects.

but i am keeping her moving along....

So come check them out....

link to my cars page... info and pics... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3159489

Link to my videos page.... http://video.cardomain.com/captainXS

Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:33 AM
im guessing XS stands for extra sexy cause thats what this car is lol. i wanna see some numbers on that beast

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:37 AM

Friday, March 13, 2009 1:31 AM
No numbers yet... but i beat a wrx without much effort at all earlier in the week.... and then just yesterday beat a mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (twin turbo v6 320hp awd). the 3000gt was shocked as hell. He got a jump on me, but you should have seen his face when i caught up and passed him... and then once I slowed down and he caught up to me he kept smiling and giving me the thumbs up.... i guess when you drive a 13 second car that sold new for like 50k, you dont get your ass handed to you much. So when you do your just glad to get it back. I do love respectful losers.

i was going to follow them off the freeway, so i could talk to them... let them know that they put up a good fight, and explain to them how a cavalier just whooped them. But alas we got seperated in traffic, and i lost him. Oh well... I guess that poor guy will never know how that happened.

but yeah... the look on that guys face was worth every penny i invested into this car.

Friday, March 13, 2009 5:46 AM

^^^because of that moment in his life he will alweays fear the mighty Z24 and I sir thank you for that..!

Friday, March 13, 2009 5:59 AM
Glad to see this is working out well for you. I hope to see it in person at the jbody bash this year.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, March 13, 2009 7:10 AM
Damn.. twin chargd Cavs are awesome. I'd love to see this setup done on an Ecotec.

Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:09 PM
just thought i would throw up some pics here... she has come a long way... it has been a long and painful journey, but the end is in sight....
Some of the new additions you will spot in the photos below.

my new suspension.. from a jbo-er in detoit.

My new spoiler.... original spoiler thanks to a fellow jbo member. some custom modifications to fit my own tastes...
and new rear bumper.. a great find on craigslist. needed a few mods to get it just the way i like....

and the most exciting part for me however.... is the paint.... god i hated driving a half primered car...

yeah... the bumpers are not done yet... but will be soon... but i was excited and wanted to post up.
wasnt able to make the bash... but you guys can admire from afar...

will try to get some updated videos of her soon too. she has gained quite a bit of power since the last videos i posted up.

Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:30 PM
That thing is mean.

Not really a fan of the body, But that is sick.

Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:35 AM
Mike (96RedCav) wrote:That thing is mean.

Not really a fan of the body, But that is sick.

Now just curious... When you say "not a fan of the BODY" Did you mean to say "body kit" as in the front and rear bumpers? Or you meant the whole body... including my hood, and fenders and spoiler?

Just wondering... Alot of people (including myself at one point) dont like the big mouth style fronts.... and i know alot of people just love the "stock" look, and frown upon anything that strays from stock.

But i do like to hear peoples thoughts. So what part of the "body" do you not like? are there any parts you do like?

Sunday, June 28, 2009 5:45 AM
What was with the trunk being molded to the bumper, I'm guessing that's how you bought everything? Just thinking also that you might want to trim the bottom of the spoiler on the body side, because if you close the trunk it will most likely be taking off the paint on your rear quarter panels, if not denting them.

With the rest of the kit, are you getting sideskirts? They're definitely needed to finish it up.

PS. Twincharged is cooooool!

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:12 AM
Dave Dunsmoor wrote:What was with the trunk being molded to the bumper, I'm guessing that's how you bought everything?

Nope... the trunk is stock... and there was originally a HUGE gap between the trunk and the top of the bumper... like you could fit your hand in it... So i did some fiberglass work, and re-shaped the bumper to flow right into the trunk... they are not molded together... but from the rear it does look that way. I did however mold the corner pieces into the bumper... more like the 2003 style...

Dave Dunsmoor wrote: Just thinking also that you might want to trim the bottom of the spoiler on the body side, because if you close the trunk it will most likely be taking off the paint on your rear quarter panels, if not denting them.

Once again... this was intentional... the original spoiler had a HUGE gap over the quarterpanels. and i liked the look it was going for... but i just didnt feel it was executed well enough. so i pulled out the fiberglass and once again reshaped to my liking. the spoiler is bolted to the trunk, but contours perfectly to the quarters to give the appearance of being mounted to the body. There is plenty of gap between the spoiler and quarters... i originally molded the spoiler TO the body, and then sanded off a gap to do exactly as you said. I also plan to add some soft "feet" or other type of padding to further prevent this.

Dave Dunsmoor wrote:With the rest of the kit, are you getting sideskirts? They're definitely needed to finish it up.

yes, i have some bomex skirts... but really not a big fan of them.... so i may either fiberglass them into something i do like... or else i may just get something different. but i agree... the sides need something... looks funny as it is now...

Dave Dunsmoor wrote:PS. Twincharged is cooooool!

hahaha.... wait till you ride in it... you think it is cool now!

Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:02 AM
i like stock body kits.lol
where you at ken i havent heard this think yet

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:08 AM
The car looks good. You might want to try BC2 side skirts, or as you say, just mod your Bomex ones.

As for the spoiler, the idea of putting some sort of rubber feet or anything like that is a bad one. I'd just leave it how it is, and make sure you're always closing the trunk carefully. If you put anything in there, the force of them ever hitting the quarter panels and pushing up on the fiberglass spoiler could cause it to crack.

Your best bet might be to see if you can design an actuator setup that pulls the trunk down flush after you catch the latch. There are vehicles with hatches that did this from the factory. It might be worth checking out.

Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:53 AM
Quiklilcav wrote:The car looks good. You might want to try BC2 side skirts, or as you say, just mod your Bomex ones.

As for the spoiler, the idea of putting some sort of rubber feet or anything like that is a bad one. I'd just leave it how it is, and make sure you're always closing the trunk carefully. If you put anything in there, the force of them ever hitting the quarter panels and pushing up on the fiberglass spoiler could cause it to crack.

Your best bet might be to see if you can design an actuator setup that pulls the trunk down flush after you catch the latch. There are vehicles with hatches that did this from the factory. It might be worth checking out.

as for the BC2 sides... they arent half bad... if i could find a set cheap i may do that... in the mean time... i may just toy around with mine.

for the trunk lid.... i didnt mean like stoppers that contact when closed... just more of less something softer that FG on metal if they ever do hit... but when i fitted the spoiler on the car, i closed the trunk and put some weight on it to close the tollerances a little more.... and took some 36 grit sandpaper and slid it (grit towards spoiler) around all over until it slid freely without contacting the spoiler... then added more paper underneath and repeated... i did this until you could fit a sheet of 36grit (thick stuff) folded in 3rds and easily swipe it thru without touching.... so there should be enough room that short of someone sitting on the trunk lid, they should never touch. i also have the latch and pin setup so that you MUST slam it closed pretty hard to latch... and even then it doesnt touch. (that is better than an easy closing lid, but someone else closes it for you and slams it down and CRACK!)

But i do rather like the idea of the actuator latch... my dad always had cars with those on them... but im not very likely to find a lincoln town car in a local yard out here... any ideas for older cars that i could pillage one from?

Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:12 PM
Numbers?

Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:23 PM
nice Ken

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:11 PM
This is amazing... i have the same fenders for my sunfire and i was worried how they would look, and i'm digging them.

That engine bay could be rusted/rust colored and it would look golden to me man...
Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:47 PM
No numbers yet. has not been to the track or on a dyno yet... hopefully real soon here...

all i know is that i have yet to lose a street race...

and i have had some very worthy opponents... so i am excited to see the numbers myself.

And i am in parma ohio for any of you who want to come for a spin...

Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:50 PM
Can't wait for you to find a track or dyno to keep you from being yet another street racing moron with a nice car they don't deserve because they can't be responsible or respectful to others on the road. But motor looks nice, so hope for good numbers before you broadside a mini-van!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search