low low 8 secs of boosted 2jz goodness - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: low low 8 secs of boosted 2jz goodness
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 5:58 PM
Carbon Cavi wrote:funny I thought it said worlds fastest supra, not worlds fastest.
So I ask again.... GT what?!
and me speaking of Ryan Woon and supras, this isnt his fastest run by far, but this launch gives me tingles everytime. I love it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M0dhmVADg0

I meant worlds fastest supra you dolt maybe if you kept within the context of my comments you would have caught that.

Im not saying theres not some quick supras out there...Im just completely against the fanboy following of people who obviously know nothing about what it takes to go fast in the quarter acting like the supra is some kill-all newfangled thing. With todays technology, 8 seconds is good, but I would expect and be striving for better. Its cool and its quick, but I seriously either doubt that its the FASTEST supra and would be pretty disappointed if thats all the supra is capable of thus far. Things like buscher racings 9 seconds on pump gas in a full street evo are a little more on the impressive side.

To Joe: 18.584 thank you, am I proud of it...no, do I understand why it went slower AFTER I built the motor, yes. As I've mentioned before, The GT stickers would be off in a heartbeat if I wouldn't have to repaint the entire pass side. But thats the case. If your joking, fine, if not your off topic anyway and we can talk about the 8 second vintage rail I work on or the 7 second nova.

But I know nothing other then that...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:24 PM
Alex Richards wrote:
The GT stickers would be off in a heartbeat if I wouldn't have to repaint the entire pass side.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:27 PM
AWD GS wrote:
Alex Richards wrote:
The GT stickers would be off in a heartbeat if I wouldn't have to repaint the entire pass side.

LOL!

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:32 PM
I like how people say things like "let's talk about this and that which makes me better than you" when they get all butt hurt by one innocent little JOKE. Which was WAY funnier than you are tough. I am willing to bet a just-turned 20 year old who is still in college had as much to do with 8 and 7 second cars than the other guys working on them. But hey, I also bet the more experienced guys have the maturity not to run around an internet forum and use their accomplishments as tools to try and show their e-dicks are huge, eh?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:38 PM
Alex Richards wrote:Whoa...supra fanboys rejoice....8 seconds is the world record? Seriously?

Anyone else think thats ungodly slow?

Go look up Steven Fereday. TT Ls1 Camaro. Last run I've seen him make was in the trim the car was in on his video in streetfire and that was low boost setting street driven to and from the track. low 8 secs all day. His setup is mild in comparison to something you'd see setting a world record or being denoted as the "Fastest"

so I ask again...supra what?

Not impressive...

wait... what? You hate fanboys but the more I see you post, the more I see you wave the flag of the LS1 fanboy.

So, this LS1 needs an extra turbo, 2 more cylinders, and 2.3L of extra displacement (2.7L more if the supra is still a 3.0 liter) and they're running the same times.. wow I'm impressed.

and as much as I hate disclaimers, if you read the title on the video it says "fastest stock 6 speed and stock rear". That is what they refer to when they say "world record". The previous holder was a guy named Ryan Woon with the WOTM supra (which is also street driven and has over 100k miles on the odometer).

6 speeds are actually a restriction in the 1/4 mile because of the gearing (which is why its usually referenced in videos), and how many camaro's run in the 8s without modifying the rear? I think we all know the answer to that question...

if you look up the titan motorsports supra, or any other supra with an automatic transmission they're running in the high to low 7s
outlaw lift-body funny cars with 2JZ engines are running in the 6s, right along side LS1s in the same class, only using two less cylinders and a lot less displacement.

and I know I sound like a supra fan-boy, but you seem to have some sort of disdain for them for some reason. LS1s have their potential, but I've seen more than a few 2JZs give a spanking to V8s at the track before.

I know you're not impressed, but this guy could run the track twice and his combined time would still be faster than your car. Maybe that'll put it into perspective?

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 8:23 PM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:
Alex Richards wrote:Whoa...supra fanboys rejoice....8 seconds is the world record? Seriously?

Anyone else think thats ungodly slow?

Go look up Steven Fereday. TT Ls1 Camaro. Last run I've seen him make was in the trim the car was in on his video in streetfire and that was low boost setting street driven to and from the track. low 8 secs all day. His setup is mild in comparison to something you'd see setting a world record or being denoted as the "Fastest"

so I ask again...supra what?

Not impressive...

wait... what? You hate fanboys but the more I see you post, the more I see you wave the flag of the LS1 fanboy.

So, this LS1 needs an extra turbo, 2 more cylinders, and 2.3L of extra displacement (2.7L more if the supra is still a 3.0 liter) and they're running the same times.. wow I'm impressed.

and as much as I hate disclaimers, if you read the title on the video it says "fastest stock 6 speed and stock rear". That is what they refer to when they say "world record". The previous holder was a guy named Ryan Woon with the WOTM supra (which is also street driven and has over 100k miles on the odometer).

6 speeds are actually a restriction in the 1/4 mile because of the gearing (which is why its usually referenced in videos), and how many camaro's run in the 8s without modifying the rear? I think we all know the answer to that question...

if you look up the titan motorsports supra, or any other supra with an automatic transmission they're running in the high to low 7s
outlaw lift-body funny cars with 2JZ engines are running in the 6s, right along side LS1s in the same class, only using two less cylinders and a lot less displacement.

and I know I sound like a supra fan-boy, but you seem to have some sort of disdain for them for some reason. LS1s have their potential, but I've seen more than a few 2JZs give a spanking to V8s at the track before.

I know you're not impressed, but this guy could run the track twice and his combined time would still be faster than your car. Maybe that'll put it into perspective?

I would think a six speed would be a restriction in the quarter because of shift times, not gearing. No matter what you do your always going to be interrupting the power flow to the transmission to get it out of gear, through the gate and into another gear. In the trans running on the nostalgia rail the next clutch is engaged before the band is released.

Either way, Im not discounting the fact that the motors have potential, if I wasn't aware the motors have potential I wouldn't be nearly as shocked at the times posted.

The fact I'm still in college says I have alot to learn, sure, but it also says I have to deal with 95% of the people who don't know any better then to bench race all day and have never even touched a car thats been into the 7 or 8 second range. So perhaps I'm just sick and tired of most of the @!#$ that comes my way. Maybe thats where my disdain comes from, I dunno. I try and learn as much as possible about a broad range of cars and maybe my knowledge base is not big enough to appreciate what the supra is capable of. Im man enough to admit that. You ask me if my car's slow I'll tell you it practically cant get out of its own way, Im not out to prove anything with it. Its just a project.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 9:00 PM
PJ for pres. Period. and lol I got called a "dolt" by a college student.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 11:55 PM
alex can you plz stop whining your giving me a headache.
i mean seriously 8 second isn't good enough for you

LS1 are sweet and all but like pj said what ls1 with a unmodified rear are running 8s?

Just admit your wrong and that you put on the gt badge yourself and thought it was cool and then realized when everyone pointed and laughed that it was lame.

sry i had to be an ass i haven't had a cigarette in 2 days...

Thursday, December 04, 2008 5:10 AM
why is this still in the photos & media section?

Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:30 AM
why did these @!#$s ruin a fun post with useless Supra and LS1 arguments is more-so what I'm concerned about?

Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:35 AM
Alex Richards wrote:I would think a six speed would be a restriction in the quarter because of shift times, not gearing. No matter what you do your always going to be interrupting the power flow to the transmission to get it out of gear, through the gate and into another gear. In the trans running on the nostalgia rail the next clutch is engaged before the band is released.

the gearing in the 6speed is more for rolling speed increases and top speed numbers. yes the shift times also hinder the times because of the GEARING being set up for the above purposes. more then likely this car doesn't get into 6th gear ANYWAY so having the shift times hindered due to having to shift into another gear, 6th gear doesnt even exist.

and really... watching the video i dont even think it gets into 5th gear, let alone 6th.

You look so much cuter with something in your mouth.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 11:08 AM
the thing that scares me about any high hp RWD car that has a manual transmission, look at how unsettled the car gets inbetween gears... it takes some big balls to drive a car like that all the way down the track and keeping it off the wall.

case in point. built viper twin turbo to the tune of 1700hp. watch how much he has to drive it down the track.. it has to be scary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 04, 2008 11:09 AM

Thursday, December 04, 2008 11:26 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:why did these @!#$s ruin a fun post with useless Supra and LS1 arguments is more-so what I'm concerned about?

word

Thursday, December 04, 2008 1:47 PM
Thursday, December 04, 2008 1:52 PM
i hafta poop

Thursday, December 04, 2008 2:00 PM
themarin8r wrote:i hoffa poop

fixed

oh lord its fixed

michigan guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, December 04, 2008 6:29 PM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:the thing that scares me about any high hp RWD car that has a manual transmission, look at how unsettled the car gets inbetween gears... it takes some big balls to drive a car like that all the way down the track and keeping it off the wall.

case in point. built viper twin turbo to the tune of 1700hp. watch how much he has to drive it down the track.. it has to be scary.

Another good point, With all the weight transfer because your unable to transfer torque greater or less than that generated from the inertia of the car itself you have to be downright ballsy and not to mention very good at getting the car out and back into gear quickly.

Else this might happen...
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/clutchmaster-integra-from_197990.htm

Reber, I did admit I was misjudging it. I did say that perhaps if I knew more about what the supra is about I could appreciate what it is capable of did I not? Argument was over before you threw your two cents in...

Thursday, December 04, 2008 6:55 PM
jesus christ move on

Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:27 PM
too quick

www.myspace.com/dominican_danny
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search