bored. heres a dirty pic i just took - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: bored. heres a dirty pic i just took
Friday, May 15, 2009 6:32 AM
BOOSTED BABY wrote:Oh now that i look at it, the greenwire, thats the power wire for my meth light. No i just recently did that and was way to lazy to do it right so i just ran it like that.

Seems like thats the theme for the whole car...

Friday, May 15, 2009 10:08 AM
BOOSTED BABY wrote:
You think im going to get ass hurt over saying something about my car? do you think i really care what anyone has to say about it? Im not like omg look at my daily driver it looks so good. I hardley drive this car. So before you try to ass hurt me, just go @!#$ your brother.

BOOSTED BABY wrote:Yes that is wire running through the door jam. Im embarrassed! i installed that years ago and had no idea how to go through the firewall. Im a terribile j body owner.

Nice attitude douche bag.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Friday, May 15, 2009 1:19 PM
Why is there a Greddy Profec B in the dash and a TurboSmart manual boost contoller hooked up?

I am not impressed with this install at all.....

Saturday, May 16, 2009 6:08 AM
slvr05cav wrote:Why is there a Greddy Profec B in the dash and a TurboSmart manual boost contoller hooked up?

I am not impressed with this install at all.....

So we have a 300 ebc, that probably isn't set right, so we buy a cheap as mbc to make up for lack of knowledge. I'm going to go ahead and say the greddy ISN'T the functioning boost controller.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Saturday, May 16, 2009 10:37 AM
no i had it set up right. I got it to work pretty decent. Boost would spike about 4 pounds higher then it would hold. When i tryed the manual , it would spike about 2-3. So i always just stuck with that one.
Saturday, May 16, 2009 7:36 PM
would you believe I've seen worse?

Sunday, May 17, 2009 6:37 PM
You haven't seen mine in person PJ so shush

And if the greddy was spiking more than the mbc...it wasn't set right. Mine holds whatever I decide to set it to. I expect even better results with the new 44mm wastegate that I will have in the next few weeks.

Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:11 PM
PJ, I could believe you've seen worse. Skunk, by looking at your sig, you've done it all other than convert the oiling system to a wet sump, ever given that a thought?

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:58 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:
BOOSTED BABY wrote:Oh now that i look at it, the greenwire, thats the power wire for my meth light. No i just recently did that and was way to lazy to do it right so i just ran it like that.

Seems like thats the theme for the whole car...

Ding ding! We have a winner.

The car looks great from the outside, but it's a mechanical cluster f*ck. Looks like you half-assed everything. You couldn't even be bothered to line up the gauges in your pillar?

The info in your car profile is priceless:

"About This Vehicle:
omg my car is so nasty. body kit, rims, turbo, tinted windows,molded in reverse lights, neons, everything"

It's going to be nasty when all that sh!t stops working right, especially when it causes the motor to blow. Apparently you're already expecting that, since you have a spare.

Do yourself a favor and learn to do things right instead of quick. You'll have a much better car.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:48 PM
Seems like weve got kind of a mob mentality going on here..

actually, its a bunch of mutually agreed statements lol.

Doing things right is twice as hard when youve already done them sub-par. Especially with things like meth lol. I think if he cleans it up and asks for a tip or two from the org members instead of flaming them, all would be well.

PS PLEASE dont send hot wires through tight sharp grounded metal places.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:55 PM
Poop engine bay job.

Outside is nice tho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:56 PM

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 7:01 PM
Ahh it's not so bad, everyone seems to have blown this way out of proportion. First of all, the exterior looks great!

The engine bay leaves a bit to be desired, but I think it's very easy to clean it all up! Don't let all these negative comments discourage you - I think with a little bit of work you could get it to be a show worthy state. It's the little details that count.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 7:30 PM
Looking good, engine just needs a little clean up but nothing major.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 1:03 AM
This reminds me... I need to buy some wire loom and and electrical tape LOL

This type of wiring nightmare can happen when you do one mod at a time.... you just need to plan ahead a little and get a basic setup in your head..... Just clean it up a bit and you should be OK

Just dont say that stuff doesnt bother you and then go flying off the handle.... just try to take it as constructive criticism.. and be like... really? I didnt know that... and maybee just say your still learning and ask the right way to do it..... if you havnt noticed.... we can be pricks sometimes here just for the sake of being one.... its rarely personal as long as you can play along.

I actually like the idea of the separate switch for turning the gauge lights off.... but I ended up kinda doing it the opposite way..... my aftermarket gauge lights come on when I turn the key (not the lights) I was tired as hell at like 2 am when I finished wiring them up and wasnt thinking clearly... but I'll fix it whenever I install a wide band.... although I dont think the "auxiliary light switch would do me any good since the big ass silver shift light is mounted to the A-piller for all to see LOL.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:37 AM
BOOSTED BABY wrote:no i had it set up right. I got it to work pretty decent. Boost would spike about 4 pounds higher then it would hold. When i tryed the manual , it would spike about 2-3. So i always just stuck with that one.

I also have a Hahn Stg II kit and my Greddy is set at 10.5psi on a cold day it might spike to 11.2psi tops. And it holds pretty steady at 9.5 to 9.8 all the way through the rpms to readline.

I've PM'd messages back and forth with Skunk and it makes sense that the more boost you run with the Greddy the better it should hold.

So, I would say it wasn't set up right....

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:30 AM
A simple way to run wires through your firewall would be to use the big rubber grommet right behind your break pedal. You can either poke a hole through it or run it through the main hole with all of the other wires. It's hidden that way and it wont be in the door jam any more.

http://nwgme.org
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 5:47 PM
you would think, if he installed his own turbo he'd see the grommet...

He'll eventually blow his @!#$ up and re do it the right way....

until then he can continue to E-thug it on the interwebs

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 6:05 PM
I like how he comes to post up some pics of his turbo set up and the people with the most negative comments are the ones who have still been rocking their "AEM" intakes on their "modified" cavalier for the past few years that they've been on the org...

Thursday, June 04, 2009 1:00 AM
^^^^And according to your profile the car your driving is stock

Hey if I had the money to blow on a Turbo right now I'de still do it the right way..... if I didnt know.... I'de find out.... because I have this weird thing about not wanting to blow up my car.

Thursday, June 04, 2009 7:57 AM
Weebel wrote:^^^^And according to your profile the car your driving is stock

Hey if I had the money to blow on a Turbo right now I'de still do it the right way..... if I didnt know.... I'de find out.... because I have this weird thing about not wanting to blow up my car.

well seeing as I've only had it a month it should be stock, well it is close to stock besides the camshafts and the exhaust.

also I didn't put the spot light on you but you did for your self I guess?

Thursday, June 04, 2009 9:30 AM
Dr.Vega wrote:I like how he comes to post up some pics of his turbo set up and the people with the most negative comments are the ones who have still been rocking their "AEM" intakes on their "modified" cavalier for the past few years that they've been on the org...

I run a K&N......

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's

Thursday, June 04, 2009 3:17 PM
Dr.Vega wrote:well seeing as I've only had it a month it should be stock, well it is close to stock besides the camshafts and the exhaust.

I had mine for 5 days and had already done an complete eco swap and turbo...you've had a whole 25-26 days more what's your excuse lol.

Thursday, June 04, 2009 5:14 PM
Skunk - Now With Petey wrote:
Dr.Vega wrote:well seeing as I've only had it a month it should be stock, well it is close to stock besides the camshafts and the exhaust.

I had mine for 5 days and had already done an complete eco swap and turbo...you've had a whole 25-26 days more what's your excuse lol.

college = all my money and time.
out for semester = intern for $$$ to pay for college.
plus all old eco set up went to junker with sunfire

Thursday, June 04, 2009 7:31 PM
Dr.Vega wrote:I like how he comes to post up some pics of his turbo set up and the people with the most negative comments are the ones who have still been rocking their "AEM" intakes on their "modified" cavalier for the past few years that they've been on the org...

Are you somehow saying that it's better to have a half-assed install on a higher level mod than to have less, but do it right?

Friday, June 05, 2009 1:26 AM
^^^^ X2

I was pretty much saying that..

And the spotlight? Oh my lucky stars.... Im finally in the spotlight for people to see LOL

I dont care.... you think Im scared of people trying to find fault with me? Thats funny.

I wasnt trying to start a fight douche nozzel... I was just saying that maybee someone should actually realize that theres a difference between knowing what your doing and just having the money to through parts at the car. And when I saw that yours wasnt modded any more than mine (you mod list is blank on that car ).. I fiqured you prob didnt have the experience to know the difference...

btw... I have cams and exhaust too..... woopde doo

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search