New updated pics- Progress thread - Page 12 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New updated pics- Progress thread
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:54 PM
Love it!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:29 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Love it!!

x2

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:37 AM
Thirdsies!

Looks awesome.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:42 PM
Thanks guys. Just need to figure out what tires im gonna run and I should be golden. Im so freaking close to being done its not even funny. Should have it fired up and start some of the tuning in the next couple weeks. Wish me luck

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:05 AM
Well............Im just gonna leave this here. Sound is choppy but its a old camera. Maybe il give it another try with the gf's camera later.

She purrs like a kitten

Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:13 PM
Niiiiiice.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:21 PM
do the srt-4 wheels in bronze. yes please!

Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:54 AM
blucavvy wrote:do the srt-4 wheels in bronze. yes please!

I thought about it. I think im just gonna leave them for now though. I dont mind the silver on black.

Thanks Sundownfire

I do have a little story that I was to lazy to write out yesterday. So originaly I tried to fire up the car before even having tuning software which I just got in the last week. I figured even with the green tops in there it should at least try to start and maybe idle. I got everything ready to go and when I turned the key it was almost like the battery was dead. It is a brand new battery and was reading 13 volts. I went through a bunch of other checks in my wiring, everything looked good so I figured maybe the injectors being so much bigger then stock it was not letting it turn over and felt like it had a hard time turning over, almost fighting it self. We unplugged the injectors and tried to crank it over and it turned over fast like it sopose to and we thought ok its the injectors. I left it at that until last week. I got my software, turned down the injector constant and was thinking right on she is gonna fire right up now. Not the case it was acting the same way, like the motor was really freaking hard to turn over. So now we are thinking what in the heck is going on. Maybe I have a really bad draw somewhere or maybe the starter is pooched and drawing way to many amps. Re checked that we had spark and fuel and we did. So what els can it be? Its gotta be timing. But how? I have not changed anything timing wise, I re checked the motor timing a boatlaod of times when the motor was on the engine stand so that cant be. I decided its time to investigate the timing a little more. I put a spark tester on #4 wire, and put a compression tester on cylinder #4, tried to start the car again and sure enough the spark is out to lunch, literaly sparking completely opposite of what it should be. So now im thinking what is going on, I must have buggered my wiring somewhere and was getting ready to pull out a bunch of the wiring and take it apart, start inspecting close etc. I glanced over at the 2.2 coil pack swap and though.......you know what, the coils can go on opposite sides of the module underneath. So the marked 1-4, and 2-3 where the wires go can be put on opposite what it should be. Jackass move of the year. I switched the wires to check first before switching the coils around and she fired right up lol. All this week iv been stressing about ripping back out the wiring, getting a new starter, which is another 250$ Sometimes its the smallest thing, I am glad I figured it out before throwing some parts and wasted time at it. I felt like such a tool lol Sorry for the long rant

Sunday, February 20, 2011 2:53 PM
since when is a starter $250?!

screw that man, go snag up 50 of em in that junk yard of urs for a hundo!

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Monday, February 21, 2011 10:46 AM
z yaaaa wrote:since when is a starter $250?!

screw that man, go snag up 50 of em in that junk yard of urs for a hundo!

Yah priced one out and it was 250, my face looked the same as the one you posted lol. It turned out I did not need the starter so all was good. I would have pulled one from the yard anyways.

Monday, February 21, 2011 11:23 AM
Sounds good man, How long has this build taken now?

306 TQ

Monday, February 21, 2011 11:34 AM
Very clean set up....What cams are you running?

GMR has got nothing on this
Monday, February 21, 2011 12:26 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Sounds good man, How long has this build taken now?

Only a year and a half..........

DOHC_tuner wrote:Very clean set up....What cams are you running?

Running the secret cams right now

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:17 PM
Upgrade them cams ASAP. As for the hole in the bumper it would look fine if the intercooler coverd up the whole hole. You know without showing the bumper support. Just pure intecooler showing through it.

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:49 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Upgrade them cams ASAP. As for the hole in the bumper it would look fine if the intercooler coverd up the whole hole. You know without showing the bumper support. Just pure intecooler showing through it.

Cams will be upgraded later down the road. I may or may not have HO cams and towers already..... Plan is to use it as it is for this season and build a block on my spare time for the future. Cams, 2.3 oil swap etc.

The intercooler is not that big. I thought about cutting the cross brace on the front to bring it up but I dont have any clearance issues and with it being on the smaller side I figured id just leave it on the bottom. The opening will help a lot and you can not see the cross brace or rebar throught the hole, only if you were to look from the bottom up into the bumper, even then its all black so you dont see it.

Saturday, May 21, 2011 10:27 AM
Well guys the car is alive and seems to be working great. Got a bunk brand new blazer fuel pump that gave us some issues so we went to a racetronix pump that solved a bunch of tuning problems. Only running 5psi as of right now but planning on getting into the 10 range soon. I should have some pics and maybe a video in the next little bit. Stay tuned

Big thanks to Erik Nyman!!! Your help with the tuning has been incredible.

Saturday, May 21, 2011 1:18 PM
Nice

306 TQ
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:15 PM
A little change coming this winter, and the start of some new stuff

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:00 AM
those seats are freaking sweet

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, December 24, 2011 11:07 AM
Some more progress. Things are going to be a bit different this year.
Rear bushing and hub spacer install. The rear bushings are a nightmare to get out.

Front end change

and this thing has been taking up most of my time as of late, just getting it ready for winter, doing some maintenance etc.

That was just before I lowered it. Sorry for some of the crappy BB pics, more to come for both cars over the winter break

Saturday, December 24, 2011 3:43 PM
love everything except the front end change.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Saturday, December 24, 2011 6:08 PM
friggin tightt unit! keepin my eyes peeled

Sunday, December 25, 2011 12:02 AM
I like the new front...

Sunday, December 25, 2011 9:22 AM
NOoooooo, you went 00+?

306 TQ
Monday, December 26, 2011 9:43 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:NOoooooo, you went 00+?

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:love everything except the front end change.

I knew some of you would not like the change lol. It just seemed like it was time to switch things up, plus having the option for a lip was the kicker. Maybe if you had just sold me your technic lip Brad I wouldn't be in this position :p.

Trani is coming out in the next couple days, I did in the center force at the end of last season.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search