New updated pics- Progress thread - Page 13 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New updated pics- Progress thread
Monday, December 26, 2011 10:27 AM
hehe trade my n/a engine to go with turbo for the seats jealous, I looked all over for them but my suppliers were out of stock , and BOOOO! 2000+ front I love the 95-99 front you had, hell while we are on this topic Ill even let you clean my engine bay

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:38 AM
AJ B wrote:hehe trade my n/a engine to go with turbo for the seats jealous, I looked all over for them but my suppliers were out of stock , and BOOOO! 2000+ front I love the 95-99 front you had, hell while we are on this topic Ill even let you clean my engine bay

Lol

Well got the clutch out last night. She got pretty hot, and I bent a couple of the fingers on the pressure plate. Can anyone recommend a aftermarket fly wheel that will work good with a boosted set up? Not one that's going to granade either lol, aka a spec.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:58 AM
people are talking up bully. but i don't know off hand my spec was junk also. i killed mine on factory n/a too.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:20 PM
spec dis-associated themelves with fidanza. their flywheels should be ok.

fidanza re-designed their LD9 flywheels to have beefier centers. they should also be ok.

if you want to spend the money you can go www.aasco.com and get a stepped style (isuzu) aluminum flywheel, i believe they are $550.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:43 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:spec dis-associated themelves with fidanza. their flywheels should be ok.

fidanza re-designed their LD9 flywheels to have beefier centers. they should also be ok.

if you want to spend the money you can go www.aasco.com and get a stepped style (isuzu) aluminum flywheel, i believe they are $550.

www.aasco.com brings up nothing.

Do you know the weights of the spec and fidanza flywheels? I'm not seeing it on there websites.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:47 PM
weren't the fidanza at 9 regular and 7 for the lightened?

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:38 PM
I just got mine machined at a shop to remove weight thats all

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:53 PM
Bumpity!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, February 04, 2012 1:46 PM
Il get some updates and pics up soon

Saturday, February 04, 2012 5:13 PM
onecleancavy wrote:Il get some updates and pics up soon

Kris, there better be a Vis EVO hood on your car for the next update bud, cause the stocker just aint cuttin' it.....

Sunday, February 05, 2012 9:29 AM
Erik Nyman wrote:

Kris, there better be a Vis EVO hood on your car for the next update bud, cause the stocker just aint cuttin' it.....

Hmmm, maybe if I modify the one I have in the garage with a hammer it will fit mine.

Monday, February 06, 2012 2:35 PM
Alright well I dont have a whole lot of pics right now. I did get a new clutch and shaved around 4-5lbs off the flywheel when it was re done. No pics of that, as I havent been taking as many pics lately. There will be more to come as Iv got shocks coming and im going to start doing the interior in the next couple weeks as well. Sorry for the lack of updates and pics so far

couple more

and someones POS hood taking up real estate in my garage...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 06, 2012 2:42 PM

Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:52 PM
Question for you dude.
How did the master cylinder work out for you? I was under the impression that you would need a distribution block, but it seems like you dont have one anymore. I would love to get rid of mine when I swap in the Wilwood master.

Monday, February 13, 2012 7:47 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:Question for you dude.
How did the master cylinder work out for you? I was under the impression that you would need a distribution block, but it seems like you dont have one anymore. I would love to get rid of mine when I swap in the Wilwood master.

It's been working great, no issues so far. I am running a residual valve for the rear neon discs as well. What would you need the distribution block for? I'm sure you seen the way I did my lines a few pages back? All I did was get some lines made so I could delete the ABS and put a valve in for the rears.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:32 PM
Some more progress, and @!#$ blackberry pics. Il do my best to get some decent pics with the camera this week

Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:35 PM
Erik Nyman wrote:

I didnt plan on it........but it happened lol

I am going to paint the hood black to match the car and leave the center section U shape where the center vents are carbon

Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:43 PM
Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:00 PM
Looks great!

Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:25 PM
Love it, I have an NRG wheel. Where did u get your quick release?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:25 PM
OverKill All The Way!!!!! wrote:Nice seats.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I'm going to take them back out and paint the brackets when your package gets here

SeamlessZ24 wrote:Looks great!

Thanks!

Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:31 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Love it, I have an NRG wheel. Where did u get your quick release?

Thanks! Picked it up from a guy selling it locally online, it is the thin version so I guess they make one that's thicker. Just got it on tonight, it's nice to have the steering wheel a bit closer now too.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:45 PM
I think powder coating the wheels satin black would look sweet!

Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:55 PM
Holy shiznit man your car/build looks great!!! and it is one that is actually going on that started a few years ago....doing good work man keep it up...and this might of been covered earlier in the thread but where did you get or where can i get the venom fuel rail and also the turbo manifold?

Monday, February 27, 2012 2:45 PM
SeamlessZ24 wrote:I think powder coating the wheels satin black would look sweet!

I have thought about that but im still undecided. Not sure if I want to go back to the murdered out look. If fact id like to get some different wheels completely but its just not in the budget right now.

OAKz24 wrote:Holy shiznit man your car/build looks great!!! and it is one that is actually going on that started a few years ago....doing good work man keep it up...and this might of been covered earlier in the thread but where did you get or where can i get the venom fuel rail and also the turbo manifold?

Thanks. Fuel rail I dont think is available to buy new anymore, I got mine used from a member here. The manifold came from Vulcan. Some people have had some bad experiences with them so use caution if you are going that route. I didnt have any troubles but iv heard of some real nightmares when dealing with them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search