RHD Start to Finish...LOTS of pics - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RHD Start to Finish...LOTS of pics
Friday, September 10, 2010 3:39 PM
i am sure that it could be done but it wouldnt be the same. thats like rolling around the city in a chevy cavalier that is LHD and have a bunch of toyota emblems on the car it would be fake. but if you get a rhd clip the firewall and the dashboard would be all real and a trully RHD car except for the title but who cares about that part.

Friday, September 10, 2010 3:57 PM
I Love every bit of it....but

WHY AN AUTO!
Friday, September 10, 2010 4:40 PM
nate winston wrote:i am sure that it could be done but it wouldnt be the same. thats like rolling around the city in a chevy cavalier that is LHD and have a bunch of toyota emblems on the car it would be fake. but if you get a rhd clip the firewall and the dashboard would be all real and a trully RHD car except for the title but who cares about that part.

yeah ok, it is still a USA Chevy cavalier, does not make it anymore JDM.

FU Tuning

Friday, September 10, 2010 11:47 PM
Congrats on the clip. Lets see a progress thread soon.

Oh and piss off about my wife not helping you find your own clip.

Saturday, September 11, 2010 6:27 AM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:Why bother getting a RHD clip, it can be done without those parts and cheaper than importing it.

because some people like to do things right.

I feel like taking a tinkle on an ecNOtec...
Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:34 AM
and I'm fairly confident she said you probably couldn't get a new one from GM...

DB.com?

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Saturday, September 11, 2010 12:12 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:Why bother getting a RHD clip, it can be done without those parts and cheaper than importing it.

Exactly! And cars with the brake master still on the left but with the insides swapped look stupid

Monday, September 13, 2010 4:04 PM
Yo looks sick man, love tha wheels too, but do people rag on ya for havin a auto? when i was drivin my 4 door, people were on me all tha time about havin it pimped but auto, Either way I think it don't matter, I appreciate tha time u put into it makin it look as good as u got it. I bet in person it's even better.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Monday, September 13, 2010 5:11 PM
Cavalier Thompson wrote:Yo looks sick man.

She's a guuuuuuurl

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, September 13, 2010 9:39 PM
nate winston wrote:well it looks like it is 100% possible to get a front clip of a toyota cavalier. i just picked mine up yesterday and i got it imported from japan. it only took me 3 months to get it i would post up pics but idk how to. lol

yeah its already been done.... way to be unique...

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:54 AM
if its already been done and its not unique anymore maybe you should tell that to mechelle becouse steve in streetlin in florida had already done this before her. so really i am the 3rd or 4th person in the states to do this if i recall.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:11 AM
right now you just have a firewall. you havn't done it yet. stop taking up michelles post and start your own.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:20 AM
Enough is enough, Nate you are not contributing to this thread in any way.

Please make your own thread and stop hijacking other peoples threads.

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:22 AM
nate winston wrote:well it looks like it is 100% possible to get a front clip of a toyota cavalier. i just picked mine up yesterday and i got it imported from japan. it only took me 3 months to get it i would post up pics but idk how to. lol

Pics on your own "I GOTZ A RHD FIREWALL JDM YO" post or STFU. I'll believe it when I see it, it's very simple to post pictures.

FOR SALE
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:28 AM
nate winston wrote:if its already been done and its not unique anymore maybe you should tell that to mechelle becouse steve in streetlin in florida had already done this before her. so really i am the 3rd or 4th person in the states to do this if i recall.

actually steve half assed it and didnt do the firewall and as for others everyone else who attempted putting in the firewall quickly disappeared after starting the project, michelles car is the only one that i know of that was done correctly by someone that knew what they where doing and is exactly like a factory toyota.

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
RHD hijack yo!
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:06 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:
nate winston wrote:if its already been done and its not unique anymore maybe you should tell that to mechelle becouse steve in streetlin in florida had already done this before her. so really i am the 3rd or 4th person in the states to do this if i recall.

actually steve half assed it and didnt do the firewall and as for others everyone else who attempted putting in the firewall quickly disappeared after starting the project, michelles car is the only one that i know of that was done correctly by someone that knew what they where doing and is exactly like a factory toyota.

I "Half assed it" are you joking!!! I did a CUSTOM RHD, I did not want to get a firewall and at that time when i started the project back in 02' I never had the contacts like i do now. So to some it up I'm happy I did it that way it has a RHD porsche 411 rack in it. How many J's can you say has other parts from other cars CUSTOM into it!!

If you dont like the car thats fine but respect the work we all here have done lots of work in different ways to make our J's one of a kind!

xbluex

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:13 PM
ecotecpower wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:

Exactly! And cars with the brake master still on the left but with the insides swapped look stupid

I never said leave the brake booster on the left. I know someone who did a RHD not using Toyota cavalier parts, but other GM parts, and did not have a brake booster on the left. It can be done.

Some would say having a sterring wheel on the right hand side looks dumb.

FU Tuning

Re: RHD hijack yo!
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:49 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:
Boosted2point4 wrote:

I "Half assed it" are you joking!!! I did a CUSTOM RHD, I did not want to get a firewall and at that time when i started the project back in 02' I never had the contacts like i do now. So to some it up I'm happy I did it that way it has a RHD porsche 411 rack in it. How many J's can you say has other parts from other cars CUSTOM into it!!

If you dont like the car thats fine but respect the work we all here have done lots of work in different ways to make our J's one of a kind!

xbluex

so you yourself are saying you took the lazy way out and didnt do it correctly? my ecotec has parts from a Roush Mustang.... so i guess i can say that i have other cars custom parts into it.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:00 PM
OMG guys who the FACK CARES????? WE all drive CAVALIERS, who cares who did what how?

BOTH RHD cars from Steve and Michelle are nice and well done, Ive seen em both in person, so comparing how each was done differently is not worth the stupid drama. Oh wait, its JBO......

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:45 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:OMG guys who the FACK CARES????? WE all drive CAVALIERS, who cares who did what how?

BOTH RHD cars from Steve and Michelle are nice and well done, Ive seen em both in person, so comparing how each was done differently is not worth the stupid drama. Oh wait, its JBO......

Amen brutha.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:31 PM
I'm making a RHD Cobalt YO, JDM Toyota Cobalt!!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:52 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:How many J's can you say has other parts from other cars CUSTOM into it!!

Just every intercooled S/C J and every NWF swapped J, every Neon disk swapped car, etc, basically half the cars on the site.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:56 PM
Tinkles wrote:
THE HATED ONE wrote:How many J's can you say has other parts from other cars CUSTOM into it!!

Just every intercooled S/C J and every NWF swapped J, every Neon disk swapped car, etc, basically half the cars on the site.

Tinkles wins!!!!!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:18 PM
Tinkles wrote:

my drop lives and breathes parts from other cars lol

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:39 PM
Haha what drama .

Michelles car is the 1st to have the fire wall placed exactly as it was on the Toyota, if you removed all the interior you would have no idea it had been done anywhere other than the factory.

More amazing to me is the fact that with Brandons help we went from start to finish in under 7 months, 2 of those months were waiting for a spot in the paint booth!

Back to Michelle, you have to admit there is something about having a wife that sets her mind on something like this and does it herself! She got the firewall, she got it to Brandon. She did all the wiring at night by herself when I was at work.

Fact is she did a great job designing this car and seeing her dream come true with this car. Thats what the thread is about.

So go tool around elseware about who did what first .

Also thank you to our friends who have supported us here on JBO. Sorry we have been absent lately but we will return when life slows down .

Peace!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search