new projet sunfire gt wide body - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: new projet sunfire gt wide body
Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:33 PM
today
I disassemble the control box
I'll prepare for painting

Friday, March 26, 2010 9:46 AM
nice i am so feeling this car!

Friday, March 26, 2010 6:08 PM
Looks like the project turned out the way you planned. The car looks great, and from the pics, you put a lot of work into it. The only thing I cannot figure out is why people keep putting money into cavaliers and sunfires. Especially those who are adults and not 16 yrs old. I mean for the amount of money you invest in these cars you could buy something with a little more power or a little more prestige. Not knocking anyone, this is just something I figured people grew out of as they got older. At least it was that way with me. And trust me, I know you will say I am not into those cars and I really like my car, trust me I get that. I am just curious I guess.
Friday, March 26, 2010 6:40 PM
Ashlynn Krayne wrote:Looks like the project turned out the way you planned. The car looks great, and from the pics, you put a lot of work into it. The only thing I cannot figure out is why people keep putting money into cavaliers and sunfires. Especially those who are adults and not 16 yrs old. I mean for the amount of money you invest in these cars you could buy something with a little more power or a little more prestige. Not knocking anyone, this is just something I figured people grew out of as they got older. At least it was that way with me. And trust me, I know you will say I am not into those cars and I really like my car, trust me I get that. I am just curious I guess.

Contradiction much?
Friday, March 26, 2010 6:45 PM
Tay-Ok wrote:
Ashlynn Krayne wrote:Looks like the project turned out the way you planned. The car looks great, and from the pics, you put a lot of work into it. The only thing I cannot figure out is why people keep putting money into cavaliers and sunfires. Especially those who are adults and not 16 yrs old. I mean for the amount of money you invest in these cars you could buy something with a little more power or a little more prestige. Not knocking anyone, this is just something I figured people grew out of as they got older. At least it was that way with me. And trust me, I know you will say I am not into those cars and I really like my car, trust me I get that. I am just curious I guess.

Contradiction much?

Please enlighten me, what is Contradictory?
Friday, March 26, 2010 6:50 PM
You ask why people care about Js but then you say you like them. Thats contradictory.

Friday, March 26, 2010 6:50 PM
Ashlynn Krayne wrote:
Tay-Ok wrote:

Contradiction much?

Please enlighten me, what is Contradictory?

I may have misread and jumped to conclusions. I guess you do not drive a j-body. My mistake.

Regardless. J-bodies are modded as you can take one apart and put it back together in a couple hours flat.
Friday, March 26, 2010 6:57 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:You ask why people care about Js but then you say you like them. Thats contradictory.

No, it is not Contradictory because I have owned one, but I got smart and quit investing money into something that was not practical. I am simply asking the question to those who are adults, who are still modding j-bodies. I am curious as to why they are still investing tons of money into a that type of car when they can invest in other things. I figured that as people got older they would grow out of it and start investing into other vehicles that actually have potential showing a ROI. I am just curious to hear what some people say.
Friday, March 26, 2010 7:00 PM
Because its their money? Because they have the extra money after paying for a house and everything else? Because they enjoy it?

I dont see why you feel that someone has to justify to you how they spend their money.

Friday, March 26, 2010 7:02 PM
Seriously. log out and stop coming here, dumb attention whoring cunt. Nothing good has come of you, and you don't like J bodies. Just leave.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

Some say he invented November.
Friday, March 26, 2010 7:03 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Because its their money? Because they have the extra money after paying for a house and everything else? Because they enjoy it?

I dont see why you feel that someone has to justify to you how they spend their money.

I am not asking them to justify anything. I am asking a simple question so that I can see why a j-body and not something else. I want to understand their perception and why they stick to the j-body out of all the cars out there. It is a simple dialogue, but obviously it is too much for some individuals.

Friday, March 26, 2010 7:08 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Seriously. log out and stop coming here, dumb attention whoring cunt. Nothing good has come of you, and you don't like J bodies. Just leave.

Wow! I am glad to see that you are still immature and show lack respect for others. I guess nothing changes, even with age. You do not know if I like dislike j-bodies or not. I simply asked a question that you did not like and you suddenly jumped to name calling. It really shows the level of education and maturity you have and I can only hope one day you are able to see how foolish your actions are.
Friday, March 26, 2010 7:08 PM
Because we want. Simple answer.

Why do people put money into ANY vehicle?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, March 26, 2010 7:12 PM
WHITECAVY(the bash falln one) wrote:Because we want. Simple answer.

Why do people put money into ANY vehicle?

Now that is a honest, simply answer. I am just curious. I know the amount of money it takes to mod these vehicles or any vehicle for that matter, so I just wanted to know why that vehicle and not buy your dream car or something else because I am sure with the amount of money that has been invested, you could have your dream car (within reason of course). I guess to each its own, right?
Friday, March 26, 2010 8:12 PM
Ashlynn Krayne wrote:I am simply asking the question to those who are adults, who are still modding j-bodies. I am curious as to why they are still investing tons of money into a that type of car when they can invest in other things.

Because it is our damn hobby. We know that we will never get back what we dumped into them and i know for a bunch of us it doesnt matter. Yes we ruin the reliability, yes we chose the red headed stepchild of tuner cars, yes we sometimes hate the car(s) and just want them to burn, but at the end of the day we love what do. My motivation is to put $10-$15k into a $6k car that will look good and give $100k+ cars a run for their money.

JLAudioCavalier wrote:Seriously. log out and stop coming here, dumb attention whoring cunt. Nothing good has come of you, and you don't like J bodies. Just leave.

x2

Saturday, March 27, 2010 7:04 AM
cheap car, cheap to mod, big v8 car, more expensive, more expensive to mod. Big v8' parts break they take a lot more with them than with only 4 cylinders. Cheap cars, decent gas mileage, cheap cars to mod.ill beat a $40K car with my $10,000 car with half the boost and FWD. Another reason, my car looks cool.

why do people mod guns? why spend money on tattoo's? why spend money on having your cats arm x-rayed and then a metal rod inserted? because they can, and because they want to. and oh yeah, cheap cars, cheap to mod, cheap insurance.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 10:11 AM
Ashlynn Krayne wrote:

Wow! I am glad to see that you are still immature and show lack respect for others. I guess nothing changes, even with age. You do not know if I like dislike j-bodies or not. I simply asked a question that you did not like and you suddenly jumped to name calling. It really shows the level of education and maturity you have and I can only hope one day you are able to see how foolish your actions are.

1. Respect is earned. You have done nothing to earn mine.
2. You have said you don't like them. Who's the dummy now?
3. You didn't "simply" ask a question, you presented it in a very condescending and snotty manner in this guys thread.
4. College educated with a good paying job that I look forward to doing each day. Can't say I'm much of a fool, honestly.

Nice try though, little girl. You can win an argument some day, I'm sure! Now for the time being, if you don't like or understand J-bodies anymore, kindly troll the forum in silence.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 10:35 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
Ashlynn Krayne wrote:

1. Respect is earned. You have done nothing to earn mine.
2. You have said you don't like them. Who's the dummy now?
3. You didn't "simply" ask a question, you presented it in a very condescending and snotty manner in this guys thread.
4. College educated with a good paying job that I look forward to doing each day. Can't say I'm much of a fool, honestly.

Nice try though, little girl. You can win an argument some day, I'm sure! Now for the time being, if you don't like or understand J-bodies anymore, kindly troll the forum in silence.

Thanks for reminding me why I am on this site. Honestly, engaging in conversations like this, with people like you, is very amusing to me. First off, I do not care if you respect me or not. I do not need your praise or approval because at the end of the day you are no one to me. Second, I never said I disliked j-bodies. For a matter of fact, I have owned one in the past. Third, I posed a question because I was curious. I quit modifying for a reason and I assumed people grew out of it, but obviously I was wrong. If I pose a question wanting to know why someone still does it after they reach adulthood, have a real job, or whatever else, why do they keep modifying and not go with something more reliable that they do not have to sink tons of money into. Last time I checked that was legal to ask. Fourth, some college is not a college degree no matter what way you slice it, so do not try to sit on here and tell us you are college educated. The name calling is why I am still in this thread because it is uncalled for and to be completely honest, your immaturity is funny to me. Little girl and cunt are words of a coward and someone who talks a big game behind a computer. Since you present yourself as one of those guys who likes to act like his is bigger than everyone else's, if you want to start talking money, cars, bank accounts, ect. I am up to see whose is bigger.
Saturday, March 27, 2010 11:11 AM
Wow. You are definitely one of the most hypocritical people I have ever had the displeasure of talking to. I'm done mudding up this guys thread though.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 12:14 PM
Why doesn't this site have active mods that should keep this cross talk outof threads it has nothing to do with. If you want to continue your rants take it to off topic I'll gladly add my 2 cents on this topic.

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Saturday, March 27, 2010 12:22 PM
Boosted2point4 wrote:Why doesn't this site have active mods that should keep this cross talk outof threads it has nothing to do with. If you want to continue your rants take it to off topic I'll gladly add my 2 cents on this topic.

I totally agree Brandon. The problem is that people do not like when other people's opinions are different from their own, so they revert to name calling because it makes them feel better. I simply wanted to know why people choose the continue modifying 10k cars and not move on. Just a simply question because I am curious as to why they still like the j-body over other options. Some people have commented back and I respect that. I just want to know Francky Sun's opinion. I think his car looks great, I just wanted to know what keeps him going on this one car.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 1:58 PM
I love my car and it is paid ... so why go buy a new
I have several cars and also my house so its like my toy
it almost never comes out and he sleeps in the garage
and I am proud of my car even if it is not new
and I have no debt apart my house
why I would buy another car
I built because I like to modify cars and I make for lost time

francky

Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:16 PM
Francky Sun wrote:I love my car and it is paid ... so why go buy a new

francky

he has spoken ! good job though on your sunfire.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 3:28 PM
Francky Sun wrote:I love my car and it is paid ... so why go buy a new

francky

beautifully put. and for my personal reasons including the above. it because some look at a car and invision something with it. instead of drawing it on paper or photoshoppping it the just create it with their hands. its always about a vision in there head they would like to express for everyone to see. notice acouple of people on this site there visions are simple. they create them, then change there mind and create them again. myself included. yes most all on this site stay young at heart. so be it and let it be.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 9:51 AM
I for one... and I don't want to continue this thread jack, but after reading the above.. I can't contain myself to at least say something because I am one of those people that invest tons of time and a little bit of money into my J body.
To keep it short sweet and simple..... Ever go to a old cruiser meet where the guy says he's owned his car since he was 16? I'm going to say about 5% of the people at the shows actually say they do. Everyone else bought their "dream" car off of a guy who WISHED he didn't sell it. Those guys that can honestly say they kept their car restored for all those years... man oh man, the expression on his face is priceless and I EVENY that feeling. My cavalier is my first car I ever bought, hard earned money from when I was 19... and I saved up until I could buy it. Trust me, it's an everyday question when people say... but why a cavalier? and I say because I own a house, I have long term financial goals that are in line, I have a F150 Ford Lightning if I want to drive fast.. and I worked my A$$ off in school to get an amazing job with out getting any hand me down opportunities and or money. I'll roll in my cavalier (when its done) and I know people are going to say, man you could have invested your money into a mercedes, BMW or whatever... but seriously... why? I've been inspired by Adults that long wished they kept their first car, and I will not be that person that sold it away for 1/3 of the cost put into it.. only to have my heart crash for making the wrong decision. I've invisioned the way I want my car for the past 5 years... and it's finally almost together. I will be that person at a show, that can say... I built it.. I own it.. and its my first car. An amazing feelign I can't wait to feel.... wait... I can and Im sure Francky feels the same way. He is proud of his car... that's all you need.

We are car guys.... this is what we do.

I would have to say now... thread jack end... and continue with with progress pics!!!

Francky.. this is one awesome build.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 28, 2010 9:52 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search