JUICEDZ4 projects, Im back... - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JUICEDZ4 projects, Im back...
Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:51 AM
Ya, its pretty light. Im nearly positive I can get it down to 2399 ish. Thats the goal next winter.

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

247HP/267ftlbs at 13psi with built motor

Project updates and stuff: www.clubhousecustoms.com
email: dan@clubhousecustoms.com

Friday, July 02, 2010 9:14 AM
So its ALIVE, on E85!

yay, gonna grab some lunch then hopefully go out for some tuning!

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Friday, July 02, 2010 12:18 PM
I believe I speak for all of us when I say. I cannot wait to see a video of this beast running.
Friday, July 02, 2010 12:50 PM
Jordan Duval wrote:I believe I speak for all of us when I say. I cannot wait to see a video of this beast running.
he does lol

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Friday, July 02, 2010 1:05 PM
SWEET @!#$ DUDE!!!
Congrats man.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 1:36 PM
I got a couple hours of street tuning in today, a few pulls at 8psi. Things are moving along pretty nicely. Its FAR from good, but at least its driveable.

Things I need to fix/check:

1. speedo - its wacked out, either just flips around all over the place, or pegs at 160
2. oil pressure - its correct at idle, but very low elsewhere, Im hoping its just the sending unit, gauge, or wiring. It seems to get "stuck" at 25psi or so.
3. steering - the turn signals dont cancel in one direction, unless you go past straight. I must have the column or the wheel on wrong

I think thats it really. Otherwise things have been just fine.

Im going to change the oil and check out the oil pressure gauge tomorrow. Maybee back out for some more tuning. If so, Ill get Becky to take a little video.

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:19 PM
Good to hear man.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, July 11, 2010 10:31 PM
Steering fixed.

When I reassembled the rack I didnt clock the pinion shaft correctly. So I took about an hour tonight, pulled the rack, reclocked the pinion correctly and reinstalled everything. It works perfect. Yay.

Tomorrow Im going to try to figure out my oil pressure issue. Maybee tinker on the speedo.

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 8:28 PM
Narrowed down my oil pressure issue

I unhooked the lines for the remote filter, tstat, cooler etc, and put a filter right on the block.

Spinning the oil pump with a ~1400rpm drill I get like 45psi of oil pressure. Before removing everything I couldnt go over 25psi.

So its gota be one of those 3 things: filter, tstat, or cooler.

Time to find out which....

I also verified the speedo works. I think I just need to reroute or sheild the cable and all will be well.

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 8:40 PM
damn man you do good work, and lots of it

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:31 PM
Thanks,

So with the filter on the block and all the other @!#$ out, I get 35psi at idle and 50+ over 3500 rpms.

My oil temps seemed hot for a few mile drive, but I guess only time will tell. Ill keep an eye on it and see what happens.

For now, its time to move on, get the speedo and my trigger issue fixed and then get this thing tuned

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:46 PM
Speedo is fixed. Just like I thought rerouting the cable did the trick. I went out for my two mile drive and calibrated it. By feel it seems like its right on or at least close enough. Ill have to check it out against another car to be sure.

However, that was short lived. On the way back my alternator stopped charging. I have no clue whats up with that yet. It is damn hot near the charge pipe like it is. Maybee it got too hot and shut down. It doesnt make sense b/c the position of the charge pipe and the alternator havent changed since I started this project years ago. :shrug:

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 9:59 AM
Weekend progress??

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 11:31 AM
None. I was busy with other stuff all weekend. I did drop the alternator (which appears to be totally Fd, the rotor just sorta flops around in there) off at my rebuilders to see if they can determine what killed it.

Hopefully Ill know more today.

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:08 AM
So the alternator is fixed although there is a large cloud of WTF going on.

Apparently there is normally a sleeve around the bearing in the rear case. It was either never installed when they rebuilt it in 2004, which means the alnternator was automagically spinning straight with only one bearing. The dude that took it apart "lost" it when he did so. Or it vaporized into thin air. Mind you, this is a metal seeve....

Anyway, its all back together with a new sleeve, tested, and working great. I pick it up today. Total cost $20.

So I dont think heat was an issue. Im still going to make a little heat shield for now, and this winter Im going to relocate it to the back of the motor away from the exhaust. At least now I can get it back together and get back to the tuning.

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:27 AM
Awsome. I really wanna see this thing tuned and running strong.

Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:25 PM
juicedz4 wrote:So the alternator is fixed although there is a large cloud of WTF going on.

Apparently there is normally a sleeve around the bearing in the rear case. It was either never installed when they rebuilt it in 2004, which means the alnternator was automagically spinning straight with only one bearing. The dude that took it apart "lost" it when he did so. Or it vaporized into thin air. Mind you, this is a metal seeve....

Anyway, its all back together with a new sleeve, tested, and working great. I pick it up today. Total cost $20.

So I dont think heat was an issue. Im still going to make a little heat shield for now, and this winter Im going to relocate it to the back of the motor away from the exhaust. At least now I can get it back together and get back to the tuning.

Dan
Interesting.
Make sure to put up a thread with your alternator relocation, it's something I've looked into and drawn some blanks.

Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:13 PM
I will. However, it will only apply to you if you dont have power steering. My plan is to relocate it to where the PS pump was, by remvoing the tensioner plate assembly and replacing it with a simple fixed plate (that only extends rearward), a turnbuckle for the tensioning, and a super short belt for the crank, water pump and alternator.

Plus it might not work with a stock intake either. Id have no clue as I havent seen one in years.

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:32 PM
juicedz4 wrote:I will. However, it will only apply to you if you dont have power steering. My plan is to relocate it to where the PS pump was, by remvoing the tensioner plate assembly and replacing it with a simple fixed plate (that only extends rearward), a turnbuckle for the tensioning, and a super short belt for the crank, water pump and alternator.
Yeah, I've removed p-steering and was planning to use that location for the alternator. Are you attaching the turnbuckle to the alternator, or will there still be an idler pulley? The water pump would require a ribbed pulley, correct?
juicedz4 wrote:Plus it might not work with a stock intake either. Id have no clue as I havent seen one in years.
Probably not on a 97-, but the plastic 98+ should clear fine (I hope)

Friday, July 30, 2010 6:43 PM
Well, after a few hours here/there this week and most of the day today Im pretty sure I finally have the trigger issues fixed.

I drove it a bit today and had no strange popping, no sync errors near idle, etc. Its like a whole new car compared to before.

I verified timing with a light, its rock solid over rpm etc.

Gonna try to do some more tuning this weekend and probably get it over to the dyno late next week or sat.

Yay.

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Friday, July 30, 2010 8:01 PM
Man I need to see vids of this car!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Saturday, July 31, 2010 1:38 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Saturday, July 31, 2010 12:59 PM
nothing but win in this thread.

Saturday, July 31, 2010 7:17 PM
Changed the oil this am and then went out for an hour of tuning tonight. No sync errors still. Its quite driveable and its sorta tuned up to about 10psi. Only thing that sucks is a 1300rpm idle, lol.

It pulls pretty good at 10psi. I cant wait to get a real tune.

Also the cutout sounds n u t t y.

Gonna try to get some vids tomorrow.

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

Monday, August 09, 2010 9:45 AM
This is NOT a 'bump' post

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search