Quest for the 12's.....All-Motor. - Page 19 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Quest for the 12's.....All-Motor.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:39 AM
im curious to see if an n/a j-body can cut a 1.7 or hell... even a 1.6 60 foot.

1.9 for street tires n/a is best ive ever heard of and 1.8 on slicks/radials n/a best ive ever heard of, so....

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:08 PM
Going to be trying out the tires at 10psi this coming weekend and launching at 6000rpm, it was my first time out on those tires so they need to break in a bit as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if I can cut better than a 1.865 60', which was my best from last weekend.

My buddy took videos, as soon as he puts them online I'll put them up here, car came out of the hole like a son-of-a-bitch.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:20 PM
see ya on Sat.... heads up?!

13.22 @ 105.2
Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:50 AM
You on Jean!

Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:06 AM
Found this random vid online of one of my @!#$ter runs from early in the day...

Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:30 PM
Sick video!!!

13.22 @ 105.2
Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:11 PM
no times

Friday, August 26, 2011 9:37 PM
Who is feeding you this BS that slicks need to "break in"

they don't............you do one big burnout when you first put em on and they work the same till they start falling off then they are worn out...........

nice times though hopefully you get things figured out and tommorow nets you closer to your goal

Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:06 AM
Good luck today Dave

Disclaimer: I will probally offend you with what is written in this post.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 3:12 AM
Hey Newt

First thing: Congrats on building a strong running engine! !! you 60' are wayyyy better than mine!

Second: my thoughts . . . In order to go into the 12s you need more top end MPH

Third: you have now inspired me to rebuild

See ya in the 12 sec club

-Ben
Thursday, September 08, 2011 3:33 AM
Ben Wenzel Jr wrote:
I'm wondering what more he can do to improve top end. Comp stage 3 cams seem like the quick win. Otherwise, it's more compression and custom or GMR cams. Maybe a highly engineered intake manifold.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 6:54 AM
Ben Wenzel Jr wrote:Hey Newt

First thing: Congrats on building a strong running engine! !! you 60' are wayyyy better than mine!

Third: you have now inspired me to rebuild

See ya in the 12 sec club

-Ben

Ben,

Haven't seen you on here in a while!

I need to work on the top end for sure, I'm convinced there is something going on with the car. It would seem that 1st and 2nd gear pull like a banshee and then 3rd and 4th feel sluggish.

I'm going to pull the car into my buddies shop this weekend and go over everything to see what I can come up with. I have a few things I wanna double check to make sure everything is ok so I can rule them out as suspects.

One thing I noticed after the last event was my slicks had a very strange wear pattern on them, they are only "feathered" on the insides of the tires, but the feathering pulls towards the outside of the tire. I never got the car re-aligned after I pulled the suspension and dropped my subframe, so I am thinking I might have a considerable alignment issue (camber and toe). Not sure how much of a differance that could possibly make but on a 9" wide slick it can't be good.

I also will be making myself a new intake out of my current short ram and an AEM cold air, most likely use the portion of the AEM that runs into the bumper and connect it to the short ram, then cut out the driver fog light bracket and leave my velocity stack sticking out the front end. Should hopefully help on the top end some.

Only other thing is my tune, im not the best tuner by any means, so I'm sending it off to Ryan to have a look over to see if I did something wrong.

Either way, hoping for some cooler weather at the end of the month and its back to the track to try and best my 13.3@99. If I could even get the car down to a 13.0-13.1 this season I will be happy, 12's can wait for next season if it comes down to it.

Glad to hear your going to re-build, with you gone I think I was the only guy still serious about the Ecotec all-motor game, its always nice to have competition

Look forward to seeing your new build!

oldskool wrote:
Ben Wenzel Jr wrote:
I'm wondering what more he can do to improve top end. Comp stage 3 cams seem like the quick win. Otherwise, it's more compression and custom or GMR cams. Maybe a highly engineered intake manifold.

Ryan,

Thanks again for being willing to look over my tune!

There is a few things left to do for this season as I mentioned above, the motor will stay the way it is however untill next year, for now I'll just work with the power I have.

I really need to get this car on the rollers to see where and how much power it is making, new cams are most likely a for sure for next years season, I really wanna see where these cams are making power tho before upgrading. Plan on hitting the dyno in October sometime to see what she makes.

Got a few things already lined up for next year....a cam upgrade will be the only engine work I plan on doing tho, the rest will be cutting weight and reducing drag.

I'll send that tune over tonight and try and see if I have any decent 3rd gear logs to send over as well.

Friday, September 09, 2011 10:17 AM
Ryan - Looked last night and I don't have an good 3rd gear pulls...I deleted a bunch of older logs and must of accidently deleted those as well. I would just go get another log, however I broke a toe on my clutch foot....so I've had to park it till it heals up

I will send over my tune tonight tho, and once I can get a log I'll send that over as well, maybe I can get a buddy to drive the car for me or something.

Also just ordered this...

2pc Rear Bumper Diffuser

Some people say they work, some don't...hell if it gets me even half a tenth I'll be happy...every little bit helps.

Friday, September 09, 2011 3:52 PM
I'll drive the old bucket of bolts for ya

Friday, September 09, 2011 6:24 PM
start taking bolts out!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:38 PM
Why? Because Racecar.

Install this weekend.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:31 PM
LOL damn you i wanted to be the first person around here to say because race car

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:33 AM
LOL sorry Brad.

Probably gonna put these bad boys on tonight actually...I will post pics....did a quick mock up last night and as ricey as it will look....its gonna look kinda bad ass....LOL

Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:17 AM
well its cold as hell here... pauls trying for 12s one last time for the year tomorrow night.. not gonna happen though.

hope you can get there brother!!!!

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:28 AM
Because RACECAR!

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:30 AM
That actually doesnt look bad.

surprisingly.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:42 AM
dislike

like the hybrid sticker though.

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:47 AM
LMAO hybrid

love the air holes man... very nice. should take ur rear plate out and bore a big hole there too...

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:49 AM
Better idea put the plate on a hinge and let it flap up to reveal the whole when at track

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:55 AM
I know it doesn't look the greatest, even I think it looks kinda silly...well 50% silly/50% racecar....lol

Some people swear by these tho, some dudes have gained a couple MPH in the 1/4 and a tenth or two just from this.

If it works it works, if it doesn't well, I'll tell people it works anyways so I feel better about cutting huge holes in a perfectly good bumper hahaha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search