Quest for the 12's.....All-Motor. - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Quest for the 12's.....All-Motor.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:40 AM
Anyone?

I haven't heard from him since April 20, and now his cell has been off for the last few days I've been trying to call him.

Starting to think this might be going south....

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:21 AM
I know he's on Honda-tech in the welding and fab forum. Not sure when the last time he posted but it's a forum that shows the last time you where on so you could message him and know if he got it or not. What about the local guy to him that got his Eco piping done by mike? Could try and get in contact with him, look threw the boost forum for him. Gl hate seeing this @!#$ happen

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:34 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:I know he's on Honda-tech in the welding and fab forum. Not sure when the last time he posted but it's a forum that shows the last time you where on so you could message him and know if he got it or not. What about the local guy to him that got his Eco piping done by mike? Could try and get in contact with him, look threw the boost forum for him. Gl hate seeing this @!#$ happen

here is the last bit of info from him on honda tech

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2920732

http://www.honda-tech.com/member.php?u=999473431

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:48 AM
Ya he is BIG on neon.org.....he is one of the sites supporting vendors, I might got make a post over there and see if someone can get me in contact with him.

I just want him to get back to me, he seems like a legit guy....but I have no clue why the radio silence all of a sudden.

I'll give him to next week and then I will start raising hell.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:06 PM
looks like his last post on there was 5/5/11

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:35 PM
Yup I noticed that....I sent him a PM on the 21st, 28th and the 4th and I haven't heard anything from him yet.

I REALLY wish JBO would show the last active date in peoples profiles so I could know if he has been on here as well.

As I said in my last PM to him on May 4th, I have given him till June 1st to get me a tracking number on my header and my head or refund me the nearly $2000 I paid him, or VISA will do it for me on June 2nd.

That is more than reasonable considering in the last PM he sent me on the 20th, the was heading to pick up the finished head from the machine shop and then get it over to the flow bench and he was finished my header and just needed to drop it off for ceramic coating. Nearly a month and a half to accomplish those tasks is more than reasonable in my mind.

He is a good guy, and his parts are top notch, but this is my bracket car....I run it in a point series and I can't afford to miss races, as it stands I'll miss the season opener on June 5th....so that sucks big time.

I need parts to get the car running......I can't wait any longer and considering for the lengh of time he has been working on these I should of had the parts a long time ago like originally promised.

I've been way more than reasonable, but enough is enough.....I need my parts or my money refunded so I can move on.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:45 PM
Boosted2point4 wrote:I know he's on Honda-tech in the welding and fab forum. Not sure when the last time he posted but it's a forum that shows the last time you where on so you could message him and know if he got it or not. What about the local guy to him that got his Eco piping done by mike? Could try and get in contact with him, look threw the boost forum for him. Gl hate seeing this @!#$ happen

I am local to mike, and have tried calling him and getting ahold of him in other ways with no luck either. I know of 2 jbodies he has worked on here, and the 2nd guy can't seem to find Mike either. We might take a drive to his house this weekend and see WTF is up. This is classic Mike. His phone get turned off for days at a time, and he looses all communication with everyone. Thats why i decided not to go with his header after all. I am glad I got the project started, and it all worked out (sorta) but I can't have that kinda money tied up without have a product in my hand. Newt, best of luck to you, and I will keep trying for you.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:01 PM
I appreciate it Chris, if you manage to talk to him tell him he needs to contact me ASAP....I don't wanna start bashing Mike...I just want/need my parts. Simple as that.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:07 PM
well shiz this isnt good... he does some really amazing work.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:41 PM
I just tried calling him, and i got this messege "you are not authorized to call this account". Newt, I would start contacting paypal if thats how you paid, and/or VISA. an email from paypal will usually wake someone up.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:41 AM
Mike got a hold of me last night and we sorted this all out, well hopefully.

Header and Head being shipped out next week, once the header is back from ceramic coating.

Glad to see this is being resolved, so long as it ships out next week as promised I will be happy.

OTHER UPDATES:

13x8 5x100 Bogart Fly-Stars with 4.5" backspacing ordered.

ARP 3.5" extended wheel studs ordered.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:25 AM
haha, this thing is going to be DIRTY!
Sucks all the trouble your having though Dave. Hopefully it all works out!

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:42 AM
did you get the same studs i got?

13.22 @ 105.2
Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:54 AM
Alex - haha hopefully, might have to line up vs. the stang

Jean - Nope, you have the ARP 2.5" ones, I went with the 3.5" cause the center of my Bogart wheels will be near 1.5" thick. Incase I have to run a spacer later (I went pretty tight on my backspacing) I would be nearly out of thread on a 2.5" stud, after you figure the rotor, spacer, wheel, .5" of lug nut and then have exposed thread.

They will look kinda goofy with my regular wheels on but oh well.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:28 AM
newt wrote:Thinking about ordering some stiffer rear springs for my ground controls, the car squats like a dog taking a @!#$ off the line

This literally made me LOL at work... carp

newt wrote:Hellaflush...? Sortaflush...? Whattheflush...?

LOVE IT

and now I'm listening I can't wait to see your numbers NEWT! you do N/A guys proud

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:32 AM
Haha I'm glad you enjoyed that joke

The new wheels won't stick out that much anymore....they should sit in another 1.5" with the new wheels so it will look a bit less goofy, plus it will help with wind resistance....as having that much tire sticking out isn't to aerodynamic...lol

Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:52 AM
lmao i told you... get a one piece fiberglass front end like karo had!

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:15 AM
^^ lol that would be sick...

ah i see dave, makes sense haha. if all goes well for the both of us, we'll have to line up at the opener!

13.22 @ 105.2
Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:26 AM
This won't be built for the opener...way to much to get finished still.

I might bring the car tho if I get my new Bogarts in on time tho.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:48 AM
your leaving it all together i gather till you've got everything to do your build?

13.22 @ 105.2
Saturday, May 21, 2011 3:11 PM
Yup i believe his plan is to leave it together til he can do it all at once

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:23 PM
Some Updates:

Head and Header are shipping this week.

New Bogart wheels ship tomorrow or thursday (hopefully in time for the season opener on the 5th) Gonna see how quick I can get the car in its current trim...13.6??13.7?? Time will tell.

Went to the Summit Racing retail store in Ohio on the weekend, took a road trip with the boys.....also went to Norwalk speedway and get a tour of Livernois Performace in Dearborne, MI....awesome shop!!

Picked up a few things:

Crank Evap Kit

3" short radius turn down for the new exhaust this year

This awesome tire pressure gauge just for slicks....finally a pressure gauge that doesn't suck balls at low PSI

A quick pic of my new ARP studs, turns out they are only 3.25" long...only..lol

Thats it for now.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:15 PM
Great job! Will be re reading this thread a few times in the future I suspect.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:38 PM
Lets get her built

Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:32 PM
Brand new Bogarts are in the mail.

Decent pricing for anyone interested in running, probably the lighest 13" wheels, that are avalible.

Specs:

13x8 Fly Stars
5.0" Backspace (4.5" Backspace w/ 0.5" spacer to clear face of calipers)
10 x Shanked lug nuts

$550

The hoops 100% clear the calipers I just hope I got the backspace right to clear the knuckle and the face of the caliper, I did measure tho, worst case I run a small spacer.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search