The Curse of The Black Pearl - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The Curse of The Black Pearl
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:40 PM
After 5 years of saving money and bad timing, I finally got the wheels I've been wanting. Anyone who's been here for a reasonable amount of time should recognize these..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:08 PM
Yep I recognize them. Congrats on finally getting them lol.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:56 AM
now just to figure out what the hell we're doing with Dorothy and get the Pearl back on the road

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Friday, October 14, 2011 7:07 AM
Awesome wheels.
Friday, October 14, 2011 3:28 PM
So.... It doesn't run yet? Lol

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Friday, October 14, 2011 11:43 PM
No, it's always ran... just no exhaust or tune makes it not very fun to deal with. And having to add trans fluid every other day would be a headache.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 9:19 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:No, it's always ran... just no exhaust or tune makes it not very fun to deal with. And having to add trans fluid every other day would be a headache.

So it doesnt run if you can drive it without problems lol At least it will look pretty Been like 2 years in that condition

Saturday, October 15, 2011 9:27 AM
Well those wheels are now ruined.

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 15, 2011 2:49 PM
What are those wheels from? Look a little dated, but I like that lip alot.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 3:01 PM
Car looks good. I prefer the 2nd set of rims u had on there.

So when are u going to take it apart and fix everything?

GMR has got nothing on this
Saturday, October 15, 2011 7:20 PM
The wheels are from Blue's blue/white show car. Do a search for Toyota Cavalier on here.. you're sure to find him. They are a little dated, but I love them. I too liked the black mesh wheels, but they would have cost me an extra $300 for a staggered set.

Seriously John, just shut the @!#$ up already.

Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:54 AM
so why buy these wheels when the car wont be moving under its own power for at least another year lol j/k j/k

glad you finally got the wheels thou....now put them on the car

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, October 16, 2011 12:37 PM
Nice, now that you say what they are from I remember

Sunday, October 16, 2011 1:05 PM
I don't wanna put them on the car until it's moving. No need to let the tires sit in the elements and rot them out. In all reality, I'd like to have it back on the road in the next couple months but the guy paying me for Gert keeps getting later and later with the payments. He's a manager for a roadside assistance company, and they lost their biggest contract, so now the calls (which they're paid per-call, not hourly) are cut in half if not less. I'm trying to be understanding because we've been friends for a decade now, but it's putting me behind with the car, with my bills, everything. But here us a list of what needs done before I can drive it:

- CV axle seals replaced
- exhaust redone (I have the mandrel bands, just need a tow to the shop)
- o2 sensor wiring and fuel lines relocated (they sit right next to the exhaust manifold runners)
- new FPR (Jason, I'm looking at you)
- tuning

Then there are the little things like repainting the body kit, getting the fenders painted, replacing the radiator/hoses, replacing all the rusted parts that came over from the donor car.. of course, these won't stop me from driving it, but they ARE eyesores.

Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:57 AM
Bumping this because Im wheel shopping and I remembered this thread. All of the pics are gone for me and have been replaced by the anonymous rapist looking man profile. Fix thems please!

Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:03 PM
Wait, what happened?

Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:17 PM
All of the pics in the OP are now generic forum avatar pics. Id assume the links are broken or something. Haha.

Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:11 PM
Ok, I see what you mean. I didn't move anything though, so I don't know why the links are broken. I'll repost them later tonight or tomorrow.

Sunday, December 04, 2011 1:26 PM
Sounds good. Thanks! Haha.

Sunday, April 07, 2013 2:25 AM
Ok, so it was determined a while back that a lot of my issues were stemming from multiple areas, mainly bad wiring and @!#$ up sensors. Since the yards near me are barren for good harnesses, I ended up buying a good engine harness from Robert (Paul Richwine). After sourcing the majority of what I needed, my good pal Fluffy came down for the weekend and helped me fix everything.

I know the pics don't look like much, but we made serious progress. While we were swapping in the harness, we decided to say @!#$ it and ran the PCM and wiring into the cabin, under the dash in that little cubby hole. We reran a ton of vac lines, grounds, etc. We then took it for a drive, just to see where we were at for a baseline, and it ran pretty decent, given it has no tune of any kind. Unfortunately, what was thought to be leaking axle seals turned out to be a leak from between the trans and motor, so it looks like the good ol' Getrag is coming down for the second time now. But it's alright, because after that, I'm reinstalling the FMU, adjustable FPR, and getting it tuned. Then it's reassembling the body and putting it back on the road.. And it's about damn time if you ask me. There's video of the test drive, but Fluff has them somewhere.

Friday, April 26, 2013 4:54 PM
Made a junkyard run..

Friday, April 26, 2013 5:33 PM
This has Mike Davis all over it.

FU Tuning

Friday, April 26, 2013 5:38 PM
That wouldn't have happened to be a GT?MD enforcer is looking for those seats I think.Bout time for an update:]
Monday, April 29, 2013 4:32 AM
nice pickup Evan....... as for the teal seats...I already Told MD about a convertible sunfire down by me that has all the teal interior

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 6:27 PM
The driver's seat was pretty bad, but the rears were in good shape. The passenger had a seat cover and by the time I was done with the plastics, I just wanted to get out of the heat, so I bailed.

No Mike, it was a 5spd 2.2 car. BUT those GT skirts you've been wanting, I saw at the Orlando UP&P. Forgot to call you about them, sorry man. We had a long weekend @!#$ with Fluffy's Jetta.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search