Evilution's 2011 Rebuild - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Evilution's 2011 Rebuild
Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:13 PM
i need a PM also man. i really love that VC!!!

DOPER.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 2:50 PM
REDECO wrote:i need a PM also man. i really love that VC!!!

PM'd!

Sunday, January 01, 2012 5:59 PM
Finished stripping everything from the bay and got it all prepped...

And onto paint/clear...BMW sterling gray

Turned out pretty decent..had a little troubling keeping the consistent temp I wanted, but overall I'm happy with it. I have 2 small areas i want to cut and buff as i had a bit of peel pop up. I'm anxious to get some pics in the sunlight, the lights in the garage really don't show how the color pops.

I have to finish things like assembling my new fuel lines, makes some changes to wiring, etc, then it'll be time to start reassembling.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:37 PM
looks really good man!

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:07 PM
beautifull color man, love the dark with a pop of flake and shine

Modding my j since I found the org
Monday, January 02, 2012 4:35 AM
Looking good Evil!

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 1:38 PM
looove it.. probably one of my favorite j's

Saturday, January 07, 2012 4:28 PM
Got some work done today. Ryan (Oldskool) gave me a hand and we got the head bolted down, motor timed, and the mounts back in and attached. Starting pulling the brake cylinder and distro block to polish them, though the fittings are really fighting being removed...that's work for tomorrow, lol.

Head studs installed

Bolted down

Cams installed. Comp stage 3

And all buttoned up and reassembled

I'm still trying to track a ld9 harness and computer down, thought i had one but it fell threw. I'd rather hold out a while more, than reinstall the current harness, just to have to swap it out in a few weeks again.

That's it for now.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 5:15 PM
Im in love with that cam cover.

Error: Sig not found.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 5:55 PM
Hey man looking good can't wait to supercharge my sunfire and pm me or get ahold of me as soon as u can ....
Saturday, January 07, 2012 7:04 PM
Looks great..

Perfect time to take some time and clean up the block!

Monday, January 09, 2012 5:05 PM
Philly D wrote:Looks great..

Perfect time to take some time and clean up the block!

Already started, lol. Just spent most of the night degreasing, scrubbing, wire brushing, and degreasing again. Everything is all cleaned up, and got some paint on the trans. Block will get finished tomorrow.

I have a few other goodies on their way, so those will show up in future updates...

Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:35 PM
Making more progress, little by little...

finished cleaning up the block and got some high temp paint on. I figure if nothing more, it'll be easier to keep clean this way.

ZZP S3 showed up and is mounted

Got the new fuel lines assembled and installed

Also fabbed up a cover to sit in where the old battery tray was. Main purpose is to roll over the edge of the frame rail and hide wiring harnesses. Nothing fancy, just clean and simple. I'll be wrapping this in carbon fiber. Still have to clean up the edges a bit and cut a hole for the new intake piping before wrapping.

Plans for this weekend are to work on the LD9 harness and start installing it. I'm still on the lookout for a 2 bar map sensor, so if anyone has one up for grabs, let me know.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:55 PM
speechless man.

really A+ work man

DOPER.
Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:22 PM
REDECO wrote:speechless man.

really A+ work man

Thanks, much appreciated!! Definitely not making a show car, but decided this time around to pay more attention to details and at least make it presentable, lol

Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:24 PM
Awesome work
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:21 PM
Wiring harness is about ready to drop in, just have to finish soldering in the 4 wire o2 sensor, as well as pick up some 2200 coils and ICM. I've spent the last few days pulling the harness apart, removing things like ABS, and rerouting and extending/shortening some things in hopes to clean up the harness a bit once in the car. I also made the injector harness unpluggable like the eco's, as well as deleted the wiring for the cam sensor.

I HATE doing electrical work, so needless to say I've been taking alot of breaks between staring at wiring schematics. Here's a little of what I've been doing during those breaks

Still needs cleaning up around the edges, as well as wetsanding and clear. I have a bunch of CF remnants I'm trying to use up on smaller stuff like this before i cut into the new rolls, which is why the top of the one bracket isn't covered (it'll be covered by the distro block anyway).

Hopefully this weekend everything will be wired up, and the car will take it's first breath on the ld9 blower reflash...

Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:41 AM
Awesome updates matt! I am excited for you and expect a ride
Friday, January 27, 2012 2:02 PM
Thanks Phil.
Maybe once me, Sam, and Kyle all get our ish together, we'll have a KGM who's Eco-peen is bigger day, haha!

Saturday, January 28, 2012 6:39 AM
i wont win with my red headed step daughter.. smokes and is slow lmao, but i got you all on handling!!! whoop lmao
Saturday, January 28, 2012 8:27 AM
I dunno..kyle may be kicking us all on handling soon...

Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:36 AM
Looks great! Love the color. Similar to the HoK color I wanna paint the cav.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 1:19 PM
Thanks Jess!

So, here's how my weekend looks so far...

Started measuring where I need to cut or extend wires..not going crazy on tucking or anything, but I want to clean up the wiring as much as possible and keep the bay simple looking. Hopefully over the next few days I'll get a decent amount of work done and have a sizable update to share.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 3:40 PM
if you're having a handling contest, can I play?

car looks great! loving the work so far!

Saturday, January 28, 2012 4:37 PM
strat81 wrote:if you're having a handling contest, can I play?

car looks great! loving the work so far!

Haha, the more the merrier. Though i think you automatically take the auto-x prize home

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search