Vette Wheels - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:53 AM
Nice to see another irs swap. You know if you go slammed with the irs swap that you need to shorten the trailing arm that connects to the body. If not when the tire goes in to the wheel well it will it back rather than be centered. I also need to do this to mine.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:58 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Nice to see another irs swap. You know if you go slammed with the irs swap that you need to shorten the trailing arm that connects to the body. If not when the tire goes in to the wheel well it will it back rather than be centered. I also need to do this to mine.

He did that last night, now the rear wheels sit perfectly.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:06 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:while i do say these belong on a j-body more than say a WRX or VW i still think its a bandwagon modbut if you like em more power to ya.

they dont look bad, im just not a fan of the design is all. now, you throw some different vette wheels like maybe z06's or something id be ALLLLL for that hehe

Finally someone that agrees with me.

not for me but doesnt look half bad if its the look youre goin for.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:19 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Nice to see another irs swap. You know if you go slammed with the irs swap that you need to shorten the trailing arm that connects to the body. If not when the tire goes in to the wheel well it will it back rather than be centered. I also need to do this to mine.

Yep, figured as much when I initially installed it, and then confirmed with the Alero wheels, and then shortened and plated the arms last night, like Darren said. I'm not sure why more people don't do IRS swaps, it was really quite simple.

98z24ragtop wrote:finally someone actually finished this. I saw a few debating or test fitting these. waiting for final pics with the flares/fenders all finished, but looks pretty good so far, but I'm getting bored with sawblades...

Thanks dude, but again... they aren't sawblades. Sawblades have far more "holes" in them. Similar concept but I have yet to see these wheels on anything other then this car.

-Z Yaaaa wrote:while i do say these belong on a j-body more than say a WRX or VW i still think its a bandwagon modbut if you like em more power to ya.

they dont look bad, im just not a fan of the design is all. now, you throw some different vette wheels like maybe z06's or something id be ALLLLL for that hehe

Not sure how it is a bandwagon mod. How many other cavaliers have vette wheels on them?

If anything, calling these wheels a bandwagon mod would be no different then myself saying that everyone with a bodykit is biting off of each other. Rota Grids, TE37's, Diamond Racing wheels, the list goes on and on. There are thousands running them and they aren't bandwagon? Not trying to start a fight, I'm just giving you my point of view.

I will be sure to post pictures when the car is actually complete and clean/outside.
Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:29 PM
Adam Risden wrote:Wow Jess is doing some really good work that is for sure! Jeff car is coming along nicely! I love the fulle camaro front and rear disk set up! Fenders look nice rolled aswell

[imghttp://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j295/98crvee/064.jpg

Nice work man, love it

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:21 PM
Great work. I wanna see shots of it on the ground!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:35 PM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:Thanks for the comments, good or bad

TheSundownFire wrote:i was just trolling your thread on StanceWorks the other day. I still would like to know what you did with the struts. I PMed you awhile back.

Sorry dude, did you PM me on here or S|W? If it was here I rarely am logged in, PM me on stanceworks and I can try and send you what little pictures I actually have.

It was on here. Ill get at you on S/W. Ive been meaning to make an account anyways. Thanks man.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:03 PM
Very nice work. Really enjoying this thread on this car. Keep it up.

Proud member since 99
Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:38 PM
Wow...
Following

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:49 PM
I think they meant bandwagon mods because of how all sorts of other platforms are using them too. I've seen them on various VWs, Audis, mini-trucks.. personally, I've always thought they were hideous. Not even the Vette could pull them off.

I do love a lot of the work though, with the struts, brake, and IRS. I especially dig the lipped rear quarters. That's quite nice.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, January 20, 2012 5:58 AM
Sweet! Nice to see someone else pulled there rear quarters like I did

Friday, January 20, 2012 6:14 AM
Nice! Please post a how to for us "NON" haters to apply this upgrade to our j's.

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, January 20, 2012 7:57 AM
I want to hate this so bad...........but for some reason I like it. Nice work

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Friday, January 20, 2012 10:03 AM
How on earth did you flare the rear quarter like that? VERY well done, sir.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, January 20, 2012 11:47 AM
He used a fender roller.

Friday, January 20, 2012 3:23 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Nice! Please post a how to for us "NON" haters to apply this upgrade to our j's.

What am I posting a How-To on? I'm not sure what you're meaning, there are so many things kinda done at once that all have to work together.

And yep, borrowed a fender roller, to be honest they dont REALLY look as good in person as they do in the pics - I think anyways. I need to do more near where the rear bumper meets, that is thus far my only area of concern.

Thanks a lot again for the comments guys.

I'll post up pics tonight of how the rear is currently sitting with the wheels centered, front adapters on and the vette wheels. I've ordered the adapters for the rear now and I think I will be changing tire size.

Stay tuned.
Friday, January 20, 2012 9:36 PM
Pictures of the rear with the vette wheels on, current tires are leaving Im pretty sure. I have the front adapters on, the new rear ones are 3/4 of an inch thicker. Life will be good. I'll need to roll the rear quarter more near the bumper side though. Which is not a huge deal, will just take some time and fiddling.

Left side

Right side

Camber anyone? Currently set to be 0* where an alero would be at stock ride height.

Friday, January 20, 2012 10:24 PM
not a fan ot the lip. would of rather seen the whole quarter pulled. if you gonna keep the lip extend down to the molding line. also is your rearend sitting more to the driver side? looks like you have more space on the passenger side.

Friday, January 20, 2012 10:38 PM
It looks more like it's the angle of the pics. I'm a fan btw.
Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:18 AM
love the work that's gone into making it work... not a big fan on the wheel choice though.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:30 AM
I like what axle choice and suspension/cradle did u go with...

Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:27 AM
Lance Detwiler wrote:I like what axle choice and suspension/cradle did u go with...

"Camber anyone? Currently set to be 0* where an alero would be at stock ride height."

Take a guess...........................

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:37 AM
really like the camber! would like to see more stretch in the rear but i think it looks like pure sex so far, judging by the pics it looks like you didnt use and spacers to level the mounting point for the cradle? in the irs sticky doesnt it say you need to use something like c channel and grind it down to level where it mounts on the subframe?
Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:51 PM
Cody Shaw wrote:really like the camber! would like to see more stretch in the rear but i think it looks like pure sex so far, judging by the pics it looks like you didnt use and spacers to level the mounting point for the cradle? in the irs sticky doesnt it say you need to use something like c channel and grind it down to level where it mounts on the subframe?

No u do not need to do the c channel. It will bolt to the subframe fine. Read around page 5 and 6. Leno puts the record straight. He's been running it for what 5 or more years with no problems.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:19 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:not a fan ot the lip. would of rather seen the whole quarter pulled. if you gonna keep the lip extend down to the molding line. also is your rearend sitting more to the driver side? looks like you have more space on the passenger side.

It may be the angle of the pic, and it may also be because I just slammed the struts together on the spindle, I havent made any adjustments past where the bolts tightened up to. But I think it is mainly just a camber difference, if any.

The quarter needs more work, I don't disagree. But I want it only to be pulled where it will come into contact with the tire.

Cody Shaw wrote:really like the camber! would like to see more stretch in the rear but i think it looks like pure sex so far, judging by the pics it looks like you didnt use and spacers to level the mounting point for the cradle? in the irs sticky doesnt it say you need to use something like c channel and grind it down to level where it mounts on the subframe?

If you read my post, you'll see that I said the rear tires are leaving
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search