Vette Wheels - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:12 AM
to be honest the first time i saw your car you seemed over confident, but seeing how much more work you have done its clear you know whats up...

looks freakin awesome man

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:23 AM
Ok, I can agree with using these wheels, only because you have the alero irs and nwf front swap so you already had 5x110 bolt pattern. If you adapted to this, it would have just been funny. I'm still not the biggest fan, they dont look all that great but at least used to be super cheap for their size and weight.

And diamond wheels are band wagon wheels? The largest size they will make for a car is 16" (even though they will make tractor wheels up to 48") so I'm sure that I'm the only non circle track guy planning on running them for the next race season. And I really doubt that they'll call them band wagon wheels on me since the 16x10's will be poking like 3 inches in the front and the 16x7's in the back will fit somewhat normal.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:21 PM
its like my gf I hate it but then I love it for all the right reasons id paint em black and live the lip tho make it look a lil better
Sunday, January 22, 2012 1:12 PM
I love them!

They'll look a lot better when you get much smaller tires on there.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, January 22, 2012 1:25 PM
personally i love em. I would have the fenders more leveled off into the fender instead of a strong definitive 'lip', like my 94Z28 had. They were rolled but made more like a small wide body fender versus a pushed out lip.
I think its coming along nicely and cant wait to see the final product! People were flaming me for wanting to do that type of wider stance (not quite as low) with some charcole black/polished lip torque thrust II's, but i think its what you like is what matters. then people see it in person and I think it makes a bigger difference in opinion.

btw I dont think he was actually saying diamond wheels are bw, just an example of how anyone doing any mod other than stock can be called 'bandwagon' because others are doing it in mass. and that in definition makes this a total opposite bw mod, since there are literally no other cav's with vette wheels that ive seen (z06/c5 wheels are over rated, nice, but everyone has them done).

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:14 PM
Leafy wrote:Ok, I can agree with using these wheels, only because you have the alero irs and nwf front swap so you already had 5x110 bolt pattern. If you adapted to this, it would have just been funny. I'm still not the biggest fan, they dont look all that great but at least used to be super cheap for their size and weight.

And diamond wheels are band wagon wheels? The largest size they will make for a car is 16" (even though they will make tractor wheels up to 48") so I'm sure that I'm the only non circle track guy planning on running them for the next race season. And I really doubt that they'll call them band wagon wheels on me since the 16x10's will be poking like 3 inches in the front and the 16x7's in the back will fit somewhat normal.

Nice try, but neither the N cars nor the Corvette wheels are 5x110. N cars are 5x115 and corvettes are 5x120.7. They are bolted on via adapters.

Diamond wheels are extremely "bandwagon". They make up to and including 24" wheels. And just to prove I'm not blowing smoke:

http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/drwcustom.html (read the print on the left)

There are hundreds of street cars running diamond wheels, they're cheap, strong and can run crazy offsets, which is what people are wanting nowadays.

I'm not sure why you would want to use steel wheels for drag-only application, a set of aluminum drag wheels would be much lighter.

I'm not ripping on Diamond wheels, I like them alot, and had I not come across these wheels extremely cheap, that was the route I would've gone.

And I don't care what you say you're going to do. If you ACTUALLY do it, hats off to you. But from my experiences, 99% of the time someone "says" they're going to do something, they don't follow through.

I'm not trying to start an argument, so please don't view it like that.
Monday, January 23, 2012 4:17 AM
And they will not make wheels bigger than 16" for cars. I tried really hard to get them to make me the 17x9's that I want to run for daily wheels since I've only been able to find 1 set of aluminum wheels with the correct bolt pattern and offset in that size. And I'm using steel wheels for my auto-x/track day wheels because I cant afford to pay 2 grand to get custom aluminum wheels made.

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:49 AM
Like the work you did, I'd like to see pics all on the ground and not so close to make my judgement. The one area I'm not sure about is the flares on the rear 1/4s. But can't tell since I haven't seen the whole car.

Monday, January 23, 2012 1:07 PM
you should rock some salad shooters. my sawblades are sitting next to me in my room, pretty much useless cuz the car wont go low enough on the teins.

Monday, January 23, 2012 6:07 PM
Coming along nicely Jeff!

Monday, January 23, 2012 7:52 PM
A how to on the IRS swap

GMR has got nothing on this

Monday, January 23, 2012 7:53 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:A how to on the IRS swap

there is a huge sticky on the IRS in the suspension forum

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:00 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:A how to on the IRS swap

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=91525&t=91525

Typed it all up.
Friday, February 03, 2012 8:09 PM
Well, finally an update worth posting about. Got my rear adapters in the mail finally, side skirts are back from paint, and got some wheel nuts (which i absolutely HATE)

There is no engine in the car currently, so the front is in around 2" higher then it should be.

Will be ordering 205/50's for the rear, and then setting up the suspension from there. (Rear is currently sitting ON the tires, I'm aware)

And a little bit more on the new crankcase evac setup I've been playing with...

Hoping my clutch shows up soon, then it's pretty much done? Kinda...
Friday, February 03, 2012 8:12 PM
sick!

Friday, February 03, 2012 10:00 PM
I seen your IRS swap on stanceworks.. It looked pretty bolt in.. was that the case?

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Friday, February 03, 2012 10:08 PM
Nice man! I love where this project is headed

Saturday, February 04, 2012 6:40 AM
Ahh you have the same catch can as me, but modified. You are going to be putting baffling in the right?

Saturday, February 04, 2012 8:38 AM
the baffle is already installed

Saturday, February 04, 2012 8:40 AM
Interesting, might need more surface area. I found mine with just a straight baffle wasnt working too well, copper pan scrubbers fixed that.

Saturday, February 04, 2012 8:40 AM
Leafy wrote:Ahh you have the same catch can as me, but modified. You are going to be putting baffling in the right?

That's what the little countersunk screws are holding!

Saturday, February 04, 2012 8:56 AM
i absolutely love the 03-05 skirts on ur car. they look so much better than z/ls skirts. please leave ur side moldings on, too.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:14 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:i absolutely love the 03-05 skirts on ur car. they look so much better than z/ls skirts. please leave ur side moldings on, too.

Thanks a lot dude, and yes, I intend to!
Saturday, February 04, 2012 12:10 PM
car is looking beautifull man, props, you should look into a lss 03+ rear

Modding my j since I found the org
Sunday, February 05, 2012 10:50 AM
alejandro davila wrote:car is looking beautifull man, props, you should look into a lss 03+ rear

Thanks dude, I do have a rear 02 lip for it, I just took it off cause I kept squishing it with the jack.

I dont think an 03+ rear would flow necessarily properly with everything else that's going on.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search