2000 z24 turbo build - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2000 z24 turbo build
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 9:06 AM
Wheel speed sensors won't be hooked up, nothing will be affected. Light on dash won't be on cuz abs will be deleted with HP tuners. If you run the hubs from a non abs car there won't be sensors either. Also I bought the intake off the classifieds, I love that thing lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 08, 2012 9:09 AM

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 9:54 AM
The wheel speed sensor is mounted to the knuckle and reads off the reluctor on the cv axle. The hub on an abs car and non abs car are identical.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 10:00 AM
Im sorry, I forgot to mention I'm doing the big brake swap on the front end. The wheel speed sensors are mounted on the bearing for the impala hubs. So I will be buying hubs for an impala with out abs.
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 3:20 PM
Joe Head wrote:Since we are talking about the master cylinder it brings up a good question I do have about it... I know that it's a diagonally split system so I know how the brakes work and all that but which port goes where?? I know one will do front right and rear left and the other will do front left and rear right. So is there a specific port or do I just run the lines into the ports as long as I have them routed into it in the diagonally split way?

I would try to find a diagram of which ports on the master cylinder go to which wheel (its probably the same as a Cav) and trace the lines back up into the bay. AFAIK proportioning is done before the lines go to the wheels so youre not going to want your front brakes seeing the lower pressure that the rears are supposed to see. It is a 70/30ish brake split on most cars.

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:19 PM
Just some progress PICS.
I got the sub frame and brand new power steering rack in the car.

And here is some more stuff I bought from Mythod. (Great seller by the way.)
KYB struts with Megan lowering springs, and fully welded control arms with poly bushings.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:26 AM
Hmm I would like a review on these springs after you install them, im interested in looking for a set

great progress btw

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:53 PM
Torres @ The Barcode Magazine wrote:Hmm I would like a review on these springs after you install them, im interested in looking for a set

great progress btw

I will for sure let you know. Although I'm not to sure on when the car will be on the road.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:46 AM
sweet ill be subscribed lol

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 11:36 PM
Well the past few days have been really warm and I just so happened to have lots of time to work on the car. I completely cleaned out the engine bay and painted it Smoked Grey Metalic. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Got the control arms and struts installed on the front of the car finally. The rear will be another day. I put the wiring harness back in and routed the two huge connectors for the ECM into the car and the ECM will sit right where the passenger air bag once was. Much better location than the inner fender area. The wires where perfect length for this.

It seems like for 3 days I haven't gotten much done but I have also been working on Tony Buntjers car too. If you haven't already, check out his build post. Working on two identical J's has been a blast the past couple of months. Tony's car should be done in the next 4-6 weeks.

Taking away the surface rust:

What it looks like painted:

Where the wires run for the ECM:

The lovely mess of wire in the car:

This is where the airbag once was...figured it was a good spot for the ECM.

And here is a glane at the suspension:

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:34 AM
Thursday, March 08, 2012 6:34 AM
Good stuff! I really like this build so far!
comments and concerns:
1. I think your rear lowering springs are up-side down. I know eibach the tighter coils are supposed to be towards the top of the mount. Might be different with the megans.
2. be careful with running your PCM cable there. Thats where mine was and my wiper arm kept repeatedly hitting the wire harness and ended up cutting a few of my wires and causing all kinds of issues.
keep up the good work! Cant wait to see some more updates!

Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:58 AM
Looks great

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, March 08, 2012 12:49 PM
nice work. now i see why you sold me those injectors! not exactly useful on an eco.

"Is that your exhaust or is that the sound of someone deflating a cat?"
Thursday, March 08, 2012 1:49 PM
Nathan Kalsek wrote:Good stuff! I really like this build so far!
comments and concerns:
1. I think your rear lowering springs are up-side down. I know eibach the tighter coils are supposed to be towards the top of the mount. Might be different with the megans.
2. be careful with running your PCM cable there. Thats where mine was and my wiper arm kept repeatedly hitting the wire harness and ended up cutting a few of my wires and causing all kinds of issues.
keep up the good work! Cant wait to see some more updates!

I will look into the spring issue on the rear. I bought them installed so I will check on that for sure. As far as the wires running under wiper motor I was wondering that too. I have some wire clips that I will probably hold the loom down away from the motor. Thanks for all the comments everyone, lots of work will be getting done now that the weather is getting better!
Thursday, March 08, 2012 1:59 PM
Looks good. I thought about putting the ecu there as well but having the large wiring harness connector inside the car and running the e ecm wires under the dash.

I'd be careful as kyb gr2s are stock replacement struts and are not made to handle any type of drop. Chances are the struts are already blown and will provide a crappy ride.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Thursday, March 08, 2012 2:18 PM
DSMskyline wrote:I'd be careful as kyb gr2s are stock replacement struts and are not made to handle any type of drop. Chances are the struts are already blown and will provide a crappy ride.

I guess we will find out... Got good deal on them so if they are, oh well.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:02 PM
Got a little bit done this afternoon.
This is what rust did to the rear of the car. Had my buddy come over who welds and he welded in the patch panels.

Here is what it looks like all solid again. Not perfect but much better than it was. Welded new brackets on for the bumper too. Should be very sturdy now.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:00 AM
If you are doing the Eco swap, then why do you still have the 2.4 ecu and harness?

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:21 AM
I'm using it for the Eco.
Here, read this post...
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=64&i=21755&t=20831&p=1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:27 AM
Monday, March 19, 2012 8:24 PM
Got the trunk latch patch in...

And here is the 03-05 ls sport bumper I bought off mythod.

Should be getting pistons and rods really soon then I will be putting my new motor in SOON!!
Monday, March 19, 2012 9:25 PM
Cool, keep it coming. Once I get my car done I'll prob come out your way to see Tony's and your j in person....then we'll have 3 silver L61 turbo LS's haha

Monday, March 19, 2012 10:17 PM
Lol hell yeah. I actually just ordered rods and Pistons 2 minutes ago. Yeah you should come check them out some time.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:29 AM
By the time I make it out there they better be in the car eco in the car. . My motor won't be back for two weeks.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:46 AM
Battery in the trunk? or is that staying up front?

What compression did you decide to go with for pistons? are you going for hp numbers or 1/4 mile or just spirited dd? Only reason I ask is, if you ordered low compression pistons... you dont exactly need low comp for it if its just a spirited dd. hell depending how high you wanted to go in power you could get away with stock compression.

what about head work? anything done or getting done to it? unless i read over it, what are you doing for a clutch? exhaust? fuel pump? cams? tuning?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:19 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Battery in the trunk? or is that staying up front?

What compression did you decide to go with for pistons? are you going for hp numbers or 1/4 mile or just spirited dd? Only reason I ask is, if you ordered low compression pistons... you dont exactly need low comp for it if its just a spirited dd. hell depending how high you wanted to go in power you could get away with stock compression.

what about head work? anything done or getting done to it? unless i read over it, what are you doing for a clutch? exhaust? fuel pump? cams? tuning?

Vince, I use to see your car around Dixon quite a bit. I'm lookn forward to seeing it out this summer.

Pistons are wiseco 8.9 to 1. I'm going for very fun weekend car. not daily driver. I would like to take to the track but want to drive it there. I bought the motor from Mythod. Head has had all parts replaced in it. The clutch I'm unsure of right now. exhaust also unsure. cams will be stock for now but I'm considering some COMPS. And as far as tuning, I will be having a pro tune it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search