Vert Build. Can never have too many! - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vert Build. Can never have too many!
Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:36 PM
Very nice!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Friday, September 28, 2012 6:18 AM
Thanks

Does anyone know a good place to get wiring diagrams? I was going to start my engine harness, but couldn't find the diagrams I needed.

First 6-speed in a 3rd Gen
Saturday, September 29, 2012 4:45 PM
Finally got new rubber on the cav, so I cleaned her up and took some pics

And a dirty engine

But seriously, if anyone knows where to get wiring diagrams for engine bays, let me know! I really want to get this harness started before it gets too cold out

Sunday, October 07, 2012 1:39 PM
the cav is looking great. i still miss it!

Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:49 PM
Thanks, but....

While driving between campuses for classes today, I was caught in a five car pile up, and it was 7 cars before I left

Fortunetly I was at the front of it, and me and the car behind me managed to stop without hitting the cars in front of us, but I'm still missing paint off the rear bumper and not happy about it.

Since people are having this much difficulty driving on wet roads, the thought of snow is starting to scare me

Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:17 PM
Spotted eastbound M6 with the top down today! Nice!

Sucks about the pileup man!

Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:35 PM
I decided to take advantage of the unusually warm weather today and make a trip to LKQ I did not see you though

Yeah, I wasn't happy about the accident, but I got lucky and she needs fresh paint anyway. Hopefully come summertime, if I have the extra money laying around

Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:03 PM
Try ebay for factory service manuals on cd. Or there is always alldata for diagrams.

Monday, November 12, 2012 5:51 AM
Nic Crosby wrote:I decided to take advantage of the unusually warm weather today and make a trip to LKQ I did not see you though

Yeah, I wasn't happy about the accident, but I got lucky and she needs fresh paint anyway. Hopefully come summertime, if I have the extra money laying around

What LKQ were you headed to over there?

I was incognito in the woman's ride headed westbound back to Holland.

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:44 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Try ebay for factory service manuals on cd. Or there is always alldata for diagrams.

Thanks for the info, I had actually just started looking at the service manuals on eBay, I think I'm going to go that route.

I think I've got the GP harness figured out, but have no idea on the fire harness

JUCNBST wrote:What LKQ were you headed to over there?

I was headed for the Wayland LKQ, it was a nice day to wander about the yard

Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:39 PM
Im curious about the N body suspension swap you did, are you running the rear disk? and what all did you have to do to make it work? i wana do this just to be different.

Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:55 PM
That swap has been my favorite mod that I've done to my car yet, and yes I'm running with rear discs.

It's really easy to do, the front bolts in like stock J parts, for the rear you need to drill 4 holes in the unibody for the IRS crossmember. The trickiest part of the hole swap is trying to get the nuts in the unibody rails for the crossmember. Get the the front brake hoses for 2000 Park Ave to use for the rear brakes on the swap. When your all done, get the car aligned front and rear, but mention to the person doing the alignment that your running suspension from whatever car you pull it from (I recommend a 99' GAGT or Alero)

The downsides to the swap are that the lowering options for a N-body are really limited, as far as I know, there are no poly bushings for the rear suspension, and they no longer make a larger rear sway bar for them

Sunday, November 25, 2012 3:31 PM
I got my cooling system all hooked up, just a few minor touch-ups and it will be finished

I modified the stock GTP radiator hoses to fit the larger, narrower radiator. Not the best looking, but it should work

GTP coolant overflow

and I found a front bumper, it looks so much better, even though the bumper is in crap condition

Started on my engine wiring, but waiting for my GM service manuals to show up

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:22 PM
Dedication! Nice progress Nic.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:29 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Dedication! Nice progress Nic.

This

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:58 PM
Thanks guys

Though with it getting cold out and the Sunfire being outside, it's getting difficult to work on.
I think I'm going to finish the wiring and get it so I can start the car, then work on the GTO sitting in the garage... with a heater

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:32 PM
that doesnt look nearly as bad as the rear ender it took before i bought it. at least the quarter panel isnt @!#$ on it again.

but why oh why cant that sc v6 be in the green cav? shaaaameful!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:18 PM
It really wasn't that bad, but I'm still unhappy about it, especially since I was rear ended because the person behind me was rear ended and missed a class because of it. She really needs to be repainted, with the rear bumper, paint peeling on the drivers quarter panel, and all the little spots, but I really don't have the money and that saddens me

The 'fire was a project car before I had even bought the cav and is getting such work because I rather loathe driving automatics. Although I do have some fund ideas in mind for the cav that shouldn't be to expensive in the long run

On a side note: I got my shifter cable bracket for the F40, but the F23 mounts I spent so much time welding to the frame will have to come out to make it fit. I also started merging my engine harnesses together, to hopefully I'll have that done in the next few weeks

Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:36 PM
heyyyy lookie there another 03 swapped vert.
Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:42 PM
Love it Nic!

Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:27 PM
You don't see to many 03+ swapped fires, especially on verts

Thanks Mike!

Since I've last posted, I have finished merging the two engine harnesses and left off working on making it flow better through the engine bay

I took my headlight harness apart and re made it. I removed the wires for the windshield wiper pump, relocated the horn to the other side to work with my overflow tank, added the wiring for an ambient air temp sensor, and added in wiring for fender turn signals.

I snapped this pic, I'm really wanting to get a good one of both cars together.

I got snowed in, and dug myself out about three times now.

Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:05 PM
Crappy iPhone teaser pic's

This was Sunday night and that's all for now because I'm tired and lazy.

Also I made a photobucket so hopefully my pictures will stop disappearing.

Friday, March 08, 2013 9:57 AM
GTP coolant overflow tank...........hows that work? I wonder if it will work on the LD9

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, March 08, 2013 8:03 PM
Wow, just wow.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:30 PM
Quote:

GTP coolant overflow tank...........hows that work? I wonder if it will work on the LD9

Basically, as coolant evaporates and builds pressure in the radiator, it pushes the spring in the fill cap back and escapes out the vent tube and into the overflow tank where it cools and condenses. It keeps the evacuated coolant from going everywhere, but with my setup, I don't believe the radiator will be able to pull it back out of the tank. It won't work with a closed radiator like what came stock, you need a conventional radiator with a fill cap.

Quote:

Wow, just wow.

I agree, I too cant believe how long it took me to get a Photobucket account!

And on to an explanation for the previous pictures. Nothing bad happened, my cousin drives a wrecker for a towing company and wasn't busy last Sunday, so I had him stop over on his way by and we dug the fire out of the ice and towed it to my uncles barn so I could work on the car inside over spring break. I'm almost done on my engine harness, I ran the harness the way I wanted and got all the wire lengths figured out, as well as getting all my fuses and relays figured out and all the harnesses are tied together. I also got my battery cables figured out for my battery relocation to the trunk, and I should grab a picture of the junction block sometime, as that is full! But I should be able to run dual fans with high and low speed settings. All I have left is to finish my connector for the PCM relocation, add in the wires for my aftermarket gauges, make sure everything works, and wrap it.

I added in a few extra pictures, my cousin was working on his 3800 HO Firebird in the next stall over. He was getting a knock, so we pulled the engine out and he found that he spun the # 3 rod bearing and the piston was slapping the head no bent valves, but enough damage to warrant a new engine.

I've got a list of all the parts I want/ need and what I have left to do (ZZP is going to be horrible on my wallet, too many temptations) and I'm hoping to have the car running for the JBOM BBQ (does anyone know when and where it's at this year?), it's a longshot, but it doesn't hurt to try. Regardless, I will have the car ready for the Tri Power Nationals this August!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search