Freya's build - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Freya's build
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:18 PM
I finally bought my "first" J. 1997 Chevy Cavalier Z24 in Dark Mulberry Metallic. So here she is:

Night I bought her. My boyfriend was nice enough to drive me 2 hours from home, in Tropical Storm Debbie, to get her. It was an adventure to say the least

Obligatory engine pic (don't ask what's up with that paint, I'm redoing it -.-)

It stopped raining for ten seconds today, so I gave her a tattoo and took a better picture

She has the red speckle interior in pretty decent condition. I might be willing to trade for the blue . ALl the power options you could think of and over all she's a pretty nice girl. Only bad are the wonky passenger door, lack of fog lights and that the cigarette lighter doesn't work, but hey, I HAVE A TAPE DECK!

Now, as far as my plans for her:\

Exterior:
KYB shocks/struts
RKSport Lowering Springs
Projector headlights w/ HIDs
Oracle Ultraviolet halos (maybe, if it can be done, as the company doesn't actually MAKE a kit for the J-platform)
Clear corners
Oracle Undercarriage LEDs
Periwinkle Rota wheels
The Black Pearl's exaust

Audio/Interior:
Blue speckled seats
00-02 standard center console swap
Color matching some pieces on the dash
Full Pioneer setup (although I wish the radio would light up blue -.-)

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Re: Freya's build
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:30 PM
Wow that's clean lookin!
I like your plans, clean and simple.

Keep it up!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:23 PM
Twenty4z wrote:Wow that's clean lookin!
I like your plans, clean and simple.

Keep it up!

I might toyo-tails if i can find a set

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:07 PM
Yeah, it's quite clean for the age. New paint, almost flawless interior, 120k on the LD9, and it's by the far the quietest one I've ever heard. There are some flaws, though:

- the sunroof cover is off it's track
- the guy said the sunroof doesn't work, but when I pulled the switch down, the plug was actually clipped off completely
- the foglights are missing; not the plugs, the actual housings
- the aftermarket exhaust the PO put on sounds like @!#$ and wasn't even done properly
- motor mount seems bad (engine rocks around when you rev it)
- passenger side mirror and power lock don't work

They're all pretty minor things. I have an RKSport upper mount to replace the worn out one, and she'll be getting the NA exhaust from the Pearl. I'll probably have the shop do both cars at the same time when I take my car in.. should be soon. Other parts she's inheriting:

- AEM short-ram intake; gonna see about getting a heatshield made for it
- smoothed IDI cover
- DC Sport strut tower brace
- 18x8 Rota Sub-Zeroes
- KYB shock/struts with Dropzone coilovers
- 2000-02 LSS/Z24 rear bumper

I know she wants a set of 97-99 Toyota tails, and I'm also looking for clear corners, clear bumper lenses, Euro clear headlights, and possibly a 2000-02 Z24 spoiler. Should be pretty nice. It's funny because I bought a 98 Z24 back in 2005 that's identical to this thing. Serious deja vu going on here lol.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:55 AM
Nice! I'm feelin the color Chica! Looks clean!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:56 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Nice! I'm feelin the color Chica! Looks clean!

she is clean...well was until we got a death rain the other day. now her clear coat is peeling (so is the clear on Evan's VDub)

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:21 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking there might have been some acid rain carry-over from south Florida or something, because I had almost no clear coat issues before the storm, and even Sinh's car had zero clear issues the day we got it.

Friday, June 29, 2012 8:11 PM
Looks great I'd trade my Blue interior if we lived closer lol

Friday, June 29, 2012 8:43 PM
What shape is it in?

Sunday, July 01, 2012 7:11 AM
Josh Watson wrote:Looks great I'd trade my Blue interior if we lived closer lol

what condition? i'd be willing to definatly work something out

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 2:51 PM
Update time!!!

Got a lot of goodies to go on Miss Freya this weekend:

KYB shocks/struts and RKSport Lowering Springs (c/o Evan)

things for a tune up and oil change, plus the paint/stripper and my AEM intake (which won't be put on till I get the filter on Tuesday -.-, tho I may paint it this weekend (same blue as the Rotas)

the dirty ass white Rotas, which will be painted

it's a really pretty sky blue, which will pop pretty nice against the purple

Also have my stereo for the most part, just need to get rear speakers and maybe a sub/amp

Oh, and an interior shot, as promised:

also:

This tag was ordered for my Slobalt....it took over a month to get here lol

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 3:18 PM
Not feeling the idea of covering it with ricey undercarriage lights and halos.... and aside from that, why specific with an all "meh" pioneer sound system? Just curious. But yeah, please don't cover that thing with F&F lights

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 7:25 PM
clean, those wheels should look sharp on there!

but..umm..whats with that tail pipe? O.o

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 10:51 PM
It's the craptacular exhaust the PO had put on, and not very well, either. That's why I'm giving her my old exhaust from the black car.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 6:50 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Not feeling the idea of covering it with ricey undercarriage lights and halos.... and aside from that, why specific with an all "meh" pioneer sound system? Just curious. But yeah, please don't cover that thing with F&F lights

the lights are on the back burner for now. defiantly not doing the headlights as planned (found something else) as for the pioneer setup, it's something I already have. eventually I wanna get one that lights up blue (probably an alpine)

Thursday, July 05, 2012 6:53 AM
Looks good but really not feeling that dash cover at all.. I think it makes the interior less apealling.. But thats just my .02.. Its all about what you like not me.. Keep up the good work!!
Thursday, July 05, 2012 7:34 AM
Hmm toyos and spacer I have both

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 6:25 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Hmm toyos and spacer I have both

gimme a price?

Thursday, July 05, 2012 7:50 PM
If you want something that will be good quality for the price and light up blue, look into Kenwood's Excelon line. I would not recommend anything from the "normal" Kenwood line, but their Excelon units are still made in Japan and are of very high quality.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, July 06, 2012 8:03 AM
I miss the DB plus series when they were good lol, I'm running all clarion and don't regret it the new line has blue AND red lights for the face plate :-)

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Friday, July 06, 2012 9:18 AM
My Kenwood in the Passat has a blue face with red backlit buttons. If it was a Mk4, it'd match the factory gauges perfectly. Given what was said earlier, I'll have to look into what line mine is from.

I'll be hitting up some of the local yards in the morning and see if I can find a 2000+ center console, foglight housings, and a new headlight harness. I'm betting I come home empty-handed, unfortunately.

Friday, July 06, 2012 9:27 AM
With all the J's in my local yards it blows my mind how many people have that pessimistic attitude going to their local yards. How are your yards not fulled with old econobox GM cars???? Lol

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, July 06, 2012 9:34 AM
I live in a small town where we only have like, three yards total. We had one a while back that was always loaded with j's, but they got fined so many times for not draining fluids that the county shut them down for good.

Friday, July 06, 2012 1:22 PM
i live in a small town as well with two yards, two j's in one, both pretty well picked clean just shells. like the color alot havent seen one that color around my neck of the woods, if i were you id put a sunfire cluster in with blue leds so it would be purple and change the hvac lights to purple as well, ive got lights here to do this to mine, just need motivation to pull the dash apart haha
Friday, July 06, 2012 4:13 PM
Well if there's incentive for me to go to the yard soon, I could always look for parts for you guys? If you're willing to pay shipping and cost of parts. AND assuming it's semi-easy stuff to pull. I'm not pulling a motor or hubs or something for you lol

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search