Brought back from the dead! The REAPER!!!! - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Brought back from the dead! The REAPER!!!!
Sunday, August 19, 2012 4:41 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Quote:

Now, if we can get a build thread on Grumpy, we'd be set...

That is never going to happen. Grumpy will be going to the graveyard soon.

Keep seeing references to Grumpy, have tried to do a search and have found nothing. Any info on it?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, August 19, 2012 10:49 PM
It was a fully built LD9 automatic on a big nitrous kit... one of the first, if not THE first. Higgins knows more than anyone else currently here about it's history though.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, August 20, 2012 12:25 AM
Glad to see the reaper is still alive and well!!! One of the few old-school builds that is still around!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, August 20, 2012 11:36 AM
After seeing this thread, I hate myself a little less for not buying it when given the chance!!! Incredible job!

It's builds like this that make me miss the SPDRCRZ!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, August 20, 2012 2:03 PM
Thanks guys. I will have more progress pics shortly. Also more parts will be up soon enough on the site.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, August 20, 2012 6:57 PM
This was probably the #3 J body that got me originally inspired, (#1 was an RKSport Cav I saw at a car show 14 years ago, yikes! And #2 is Teske). Although in hindsight I'm sure most of the original Mods that Jim Trevino did would be considered tacky or rice now-a-days, it was definitely innovative to the J community back then when options for custom parts were limited and relatively expensive.

It is kinda cool to see new life breathed into a car that has history within this site, even though at the end of the day it has been completely revamped from original form into a new beast, the theme still remains. I personally consider myself long done with my little project and try to keep it somewhat alive, but will one day part ways. It it nice to know that there are people out there that can appreciate the work that a man has put into a particular car and strive to keep that intact while build upon it.

So, congrats on the build, the work looks quality and very impressive, definitely took it to the next level mechanically. Keep up the good work.

-- John

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:09 AM
^ respectfully requests a photo's and media post about your car in the near future! its been a while!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:36 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:It was a fully built LD9 automatic on a big nitrous kit... one of the first, if not THE first. Higgins knows more than anyone else currently here about it's history though.

I have not seen or heard about Grumpy's Cav in at least 5 years. I know he was the first to use a progressive 100 shot

OverKill All The Way!!!!! wrote:Thanks guys. I will have more progress pics shortly. Also more parts will be up soon enough on the site.

Mark

Can't wait to see both

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:55 AM
Amazing build! Simply speechless! I remember when the reaper was first built, now it has a second life!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:24 PM
Quote:

I have not seen or heard about Grumpy's Cav in at least 5 years. I know he was the first to use a progressive 100 shot

Grumpys car has been tucked away down here in Fl. I helped tow it back some many years ago. It is in the process of being stripped and junked.

Rick King aka Grumpy King was the first to run a major shot of nitrous on a stock LD9. He ran at least a 125 shot on a stock LD9. Car was a auto and he claimed to have ran a high 12 second time on a stock LD9 with juice. He later built a nitrous friendly motor and auto tranny. With only about 800 miles on the motor it had a nitrous backfire which pretty much burnt everything in the engine bay.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:19 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Quote:

Grumpys car has been tucked away down here in Fl. I helped tow it back some many years ago. It is in the process of being stripped and junked.

Rick King aka Grumpy King was the first to run a major shot of nitrous on a stock LD9. He ran at least a 125 shot on a stock LD9. Car was a auto and he claimed to have ran a high 12 second time on a stock LD9 with juice. He later built a nitrous friendly motor and auto tranny. With only about 800 miles on the motor it had a nitrous backfire which pretty much burnt everything in the engine bay.

Thanks for the update. I did not know Grumpy made it to Florida.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:11 PM
diiiid someone say 125 shot on a stock auto LD9?

hehe....

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:35 PM
I was so close to buying this car from John when he was selling it but I wasn't in a good Place fiancially at the time to take on that big of a project. I kind of wish I did. Good luck and I'm glad to see someone is taking good care of the car.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:36 AM
If I ever decide to sell the car it will be sold as a whole, not parted. it will be sold to a member on the forum as well. I wont sell it to a stranger

Mark

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:01 AM
please put me first on that list.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:19 PM
holy sweet @!#$ man!
do work!
you went ballsdeep on that!!
i am happy to see the revived car with more pep in its step

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Friday, August 24, 2012 6:27 AM
OverKill All The Way!!!!! wrote:Thanks guys.More pics, videos and tuning still to come. Oh and its first race is on the 15th of next month. Ill post more pics and videos later on.
Where are you taking it? CFRC for autox or OSW for drag?
I'm putting together a meet in St Pete for the 16th if your interested.

Oh and btw, great job on the car, I had no idea you had it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, August 24, 2012 6:28 AM

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Friday, August 24, 2012 6:30 AM
I want to do CFRC. Are they open again? I am down to go in 2 weeks if you want to set-up a meet there. That would be amazing.

Mark

Friday, August 24, 2012 7:09 AM
CFRC is back open, they are only doing autox and drifting, drags are shut down for good.
I read somewhere today that autox is at night (finally!!) and only on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month.
I made a post about the meet in the SE region.

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:31 PM
Any updates on the

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:32 PM

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Monday, August 27, 2012 6:29 AM
Just looking for a car trailer at the moment. I plan on getting to the track the second weekend of SEP. Ill post some better pics this week.

Mark

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:24 PM
JHand wrote:CFRC is back open, they are only doing autox and drifting, drags are shut down for good.
I read somewhere today that autox is at night (finally!!) and only on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month.
I made a post about the meet in the SE region.

So the 8th I am planning on hitting up CFRC. More pics to come then.

Mark

Sunday, September 02, 2012 9:53 PM
Amazing work with the car. Without a doubt, better than the original version.

This thread makes me wonder about Teske, Ian, Cookie...

Matt S.
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 10:24 AM
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 12:43 PM
BEAUTIFUL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search