Rubanio24's Progress Thread - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rubanio24's Progress Thread
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:44 PM
Thought I would make one too

This is how it looked like when I started

Wheels - 18" momo corse rpm 7.5 by 45 offset

Z24 Front Bumper

Halo Headlights

First Suspension Setup

Intake and Exhaust

Audio- 2 12" Alpine Type R and Rockford Fostgate speakers all the way around

BC Coilovers Extreme Low With Front Pillowtops

I Rub lol

A Few Pictures

My Ecotec Donor Car

Taking The Motor Out

Motor Torn Down

My plans are to rebuild the motor, swapping the five speed in and then supercharge it, and still much more i am thinking of doing such as new wheels, third gen front clip, wing west front lip, and shaved engine bay

Re: Rubanio24's Progress Thread
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:51 PM
Nice start!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:52 PM
You badly need some side skirts, 2-door z24 skirts fit on 4-doors, any year.
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:58 PM
Roofy wrote:Nice start!

Thanks
Jason Roy wrote:You badly need some side skirts, 2-door z24 skirts fit on 4-doors, any year.

I know lol im trying to find white ones its impossible

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:54 PM
I have white Z24 skirts in really good condition, actually. And I'm in Florida. But my gf slid off the road during a downpour and smashed her passenger side skirt, and now wants them. Although she said she's willing to make a trade for your filler plate. Your call.

As for your build... you have a hell of a path ahead of you, I can tell you that. I Eco-swapped my purple 98, and it was not very fun. But the fact that you're doing it in a sedan makes it very cool. Not to mention my very odd hard-on for rental white Cavaliers

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:16 PM
I can dig it. I'm a big fan of white cavs. I'm going white soon. Only thing that would make it better would be for it to have.a.00+ headlight swap with the 95-99 z bumper.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:36 PM
Looking good man! You definitely need to get some spacers for the wheels though! A wider stance would def complete the handling

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:58 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:I have white Z24 skirts in really good condition, actually. And I'm in Florida. But my gf slid off the road during a downpour and smashed her passenger side skirt, and now wants them. Although she said she's willing to make a trade for your filler plate. Your call.

As for your build... you have a hell of a path ahead of you, I can tell you that. I Eco-swapped my purple 98, and it was not very fun. But the fact that you're doing it in a sedan makes it very cool. Not to mention my very odd hard-on for rental white Cavaliers

Yeah man once I get me front clip I will sell/trade the whole bumper with filler plate I know how hard they are to find, there are a few filler plates at my local junk yard ill see what I can do and let you know. lol yeah I know what I am getting myself into, have done plenty of research and I am prepared for what I have to do.
DSMskyline wrote:I can dig it. I'm a big fan of white cavs. I'm going white soon. Only thing that would make it better would be for it to have.a.00+ headlight swap with the 95-99 z bumper.

thanks, from what ive heard I dont think I can use my z24 bumper with 00+ headlights, I am doing the 00+ front clip soon if the junkyard gods allow it lol
Adam Risden wrote:Looking good man! You definitely need to get some spacers for the wheels though! A wider stance would def complete the handling

I thought about spacers but im not sure my ride height and tire size will let me without more rubbing, I rub enough as is you should see my front wheel wells

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:46 PM
Bout time you started a build thread. Looking forward to more progress.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:41 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Bout time you started a build thread. Looking forward to more progress.

haha yeah plenty of things to come just have to save up some $$$

Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:27 AM
Good stuff so far bud, take your time on the eco swap!

Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:24 AM
good looking build

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:15 AM
Ya filler plate would look great on there, and like mentioned.....a front lip

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:53 AM
nice sedan!

can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:08 AM
Nice, more progress!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:13 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:Good stuff so far bud, take your time on the eco swap!

yeah I dont want to rush it and it not work haha
AJ B wrote:Ya filler plate would look great on there, and like mentioned.....a front lip

I do have a filler plate

strat81 wrote:nice sedan!

can't wait to see what else you have in store!

thanks, yours is sweet too I wish I had your skirts in white lol

Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:38 AM
I know every build needs cash, that's why my blower to forged/cam'd turbo ecotec build is moving a little slowly.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:44 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Not to mention my very odd hard-on for rental white Cavaliers

this. before i got my purple z i was hell bent on a white sedan. if the work gods smile upon me well, maybe on day it will happen.....-.-

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:58 PM
SynthAngel wrote:
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Not to mention my very odd hard-on for rental white Cavaliers

this. before i got my purple z i was hell bent on a white sedan. if the work gods smile upon me well, maybe on day it will happen.....-.-

I'm sure you could find someone willing to trade their white sedan for your car. Minus the mods, of course.

Let me know what you wanna do with the bumper when the time comes. The skirts are just sitting in my black car, out of harm's way. I was gonna say that I also have a good 2000-02 rear, but I just saw you already got that covered lol. As for the swap, your best bet is to find an unmolested donor car. That's where I went wrong with mine. I bought a full 04 Sunfire, but the guy I bought it from tried the swap in his 95 coupe and decided it was too hard, and dumped everything back into the Sunfire. During that time, he managed to fry the PCM, and made some nasty cuts in the wiring harness that ended making contact and melting the first time I turned the key. The only thing worth getting from the donor was the motor, actually. I even had to fix pieces of the trans. Like I said, good luck.

Btw, where are you located?

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:08 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:
Let me know what you wanna do with the bumper when the time comes. The skirts are just sitting in my black car, out of harm's way. I was gonna say that I also have a good 2000-02 rear, but I just saw you already got that covered lol. As for the swap, your best bet is to find an unmolested donor car. That's where I went wrong with mine. I bought a full 04 Sunfire, but the guy I bought it from tried the swap in his 95 coupe and decided it was too hard, and dumped everything back into the Sunfire. During that time, he managed to fry the PCM, and made some nasty cuts in the wiring harness that ended making contact and melting the first time I turned the key. The only thing worth getting from the donor was the motor, actually. I even had to fix pieces of the trans. Like I said, good luck.

Btw, where are you located?

I am located in tampa florida. Yeah ill pm you when I am getting rid of the bumper or if I can find a filler plate. Sorry to hear about your donor car, It took me forever to find mine until I decided to look at this forum for one and found one in gainesville. I got it for 450 it was missing a lot such as interior, engine harness and coil pack I managed to find them and the motor started right up but it had already thrown a bearing and knocked really bad so then I took it out, tore it down and now I am building it up.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:11 PM
You can use 2000+ headlights with the z24 bumper, just need a dremel and trim the bumper down.

But I'm def. digging this car, low and simple

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:42 PM
New Crank

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:22 AM
Looking good!
How's the ride with the BC's?

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:06 AM
Crank those coils down some more

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:07 AM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:Looking good!
How's the ride with the BC's?

The BC's are still riding great but i wish I had irs and sway bars so it can be even better
Twenty4z wrote:Crank those coils down some more

I want to so bad i can go way lower but my combination of wheel size, tire size, and no irs makes it hard without rubbing 24/7

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search