Well I suppose it's time to show off what I've been up to this summer.... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Well I suppose it's time to show off what I've been up to this summer....
Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:15 PM
about three years ago i came across this 2000 z24 on a local craigslist ad for $375 bucks. i went and checked it out, said why the hell not...then proceeded to drive it home haha. had plenty wrong with it, blown motor, dings, dents, all kinds of crap and dirty as all hell but i didnt care. the price was right.

so, it sat in my driveway til i got motivation to get it going via trevor blesh here this past may. i slowly had been getting the rebuilt LD9 i had in my white car ready for it. i swapped in a miller performance LO intake cam and new lifters (already had the exhaust cam in it), new water pump, and converted to the new 00-02 style knock sensor.

it was originally supposed to the the wife's daily driver... lol yea, that last about... never. so she got a montana thunder to drive instead. once i started working on it i couldnt stop and now its my fun car hahaha

now, mind you... i built this thing with mostly used parts, and extra @!#$ i had lying around for the other two cars so it has not been very expensive to get it running/up to shape. it still needs some work like a windshield and the roof repainted but for the most part, i have fixed just about everything i did not like and that it had bad on it.

i decided to go with a 95-99 z24 front for it since i had the bumper, headlights, and corners lying around extra.

i dynoed it n/a and it made 154whp/175wtq. not bad for an auto i think. now that its supercharged and im hoping for over 200whp with it.

anyways, here is my journey with it so far. lemme know what you think, good or bad.

night i drove it home:

after about a week:

washing the engine bay:

after about 2 years:

00-02 knock sensor:

new water pump:

dc sports header:

going in:

in:

getting there:

first start up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9hrXQfeXE&feature=youtu.be
[video]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QT9hrXQfeXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

LOL

little further:

95-99 is best:

first drive to work and first wash:

srt-4 wheels going on:

Dynoed and tuned at Excessive Autosports in sioux falls, sd (154whp/175wtq)

time for some weight reduction, bye bye 40 pound useless trailer hitch!

debadged:

street racing at the sioux city rock n rods event:

http://youtu.be/Y8YZP21rghc

went back the second day of rock n rods with a @!#$ ton of weight reduction...

carbon fiber optima battery cover:

rk sport rear strut brace:

first car show:

first photo shoots:

dead sexy? lmao:

mint 02 z24/lss rear bumper and lip (thanks a ton, trevor)

decided i was tired of the rice cannon exhaust so went with LSJ muffler and new tip:

couldnt get the nitrous to fit correctly the way i wanted it so i decided to put my aem short ram on instead of the penis intake LOL:

powdercoated alternator from brandon fetter, and aem alt pulley i had lying around:

mrz strut tower caps:

ahhhh, finally got the front bumper, mirrors, and door handles painted:

went to the omaha ice cream cruize, met up with tyler wichers:

local bbq meet:

last weekend n/a:

uh oh... enough with this slow crap. time to get blown:

3/4" rear wheel spacers. FINALLY. good god this bitch needed these....

today's photo shoot:

and last of all.......

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:21 PM

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.

Re: Well I suppose it's time to show off what I've been up to this summer....
Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:22 PM
I liked the before pic better
Love it man. Really really do.

Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:32 PM
Silly Brad, 2000 -2002 Zs get eco swapped. Come out and visit us at KGM, we'll convert you over to the good side.

Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:52 AM
Car looks great!!!

Except the wheels!!! lololololololololol

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:14 AM
Whered you get the strut caps from..

Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:44 AM
i got em in a classifieds part out with a hole bunch of other stuff. mrz performance makes them.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:25 AM
Definitely a sweet car, man. Looking good. I love the 95-99 conversion. My favorite as well.

Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:10 PM
nice turnaround forsure! lol at the penis intake is that just a chunk of rad hose or what? haha
Sunday, September 30, 2012 6:07 PM
Very nice looking car.. Clean build I like it.
Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:06 PM
Love it, I expect nothing less from you and your cars lol.

Do tell where you got your rear spacers from. I like those style instead of the ones that go behind the breaks.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:28 PM
ebay my friend! they are hubcentric, too. fit jbody and srt4 like a glove!

and thanks everyone. it has been a very long summer so far with this thing. lots of late nights and thrown wrenches believe me LOL

got a nice package the other day.... GMPP stage 2 42# injectors for the LSJ. plug and play with some fuel rail finesse im told. which is good because i have been seeing a 98% duty cycle at WOT and mid 15's AFR at WOT lol

Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:45 PM
wow you brought that thing back form the dead. Awesome job
Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:26 PM
Have you looked at the connectors? I had to wire in new connectors for my LSJ injectors. I also had to dremel the fuel rail where it bolts to the head.

Sunday, September 30, 2012 8:37 PM
Looking great man, nice turn around. Where did you get those aluminum things under the engine cover bolts?
Is this car mostly done then?

PS3 ID: Phatchance249
MW3 FTW!
Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:27 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:Have you looked at the connectors? I had to wire in new connectors for my LSJ injectors. I also had to dremel the fuel rail where it bolts to the head.

ive confirmed as well as looked. they are multec 2, same as 00-02 LD9.

shawn, they are stainless and i got them from paul. he found them in a scrap bin at his work LOL

and as far as being done, well its close. ive got set of sportlines and oem mounts i need to get on it yet. id also like to get the long sweeping style ram air hood for it, then basically just keep at fixing it up. it needs a windshield, the roof painted, the back window tinted, the alarm/remote start setup figured out, full stereo, and the suspension and undercarriage needs a lot of help.

but for the most part this car is going to stay mostly as is. i want to be able to drive this one and not freak out of i have to drive it in rain or if it gets dirty, etc. LOL although i think ive done a pretty good job keeping it clean. it sits outside all the time and i drive the wheels off it, so.

Monday, October 01, 2012 3:45 AM
Brad you know I'm 100% behind this.....NOW WORK ON WHITE AND BLACK ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After you get the new injectors in and tuned.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, October 01, 2012 4:18 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Brad you know I'm 100% behind this.....NOW WORK ON WHITE AND BLACK ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After you get the new injectors in and tuned.

gotta agree with this

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, October 01, 2012 10:17 AM
Wow, what a transformation! Looks awesome Brad!! So, do you still have the white car too (I hope)?

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Tuesday, October 02, 2012 3:45 PM
Very nice!

W8B4UH8

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 4:05 PM
OH YES, i still have whitey. i think they'll be burying me in that car haha

Joe Schulte wrote:Very nice!

W8B4UH8

hahahaha we'll do.

did you notice i took after you? didnt get the whole thing painted but i pretty much built a car in 6 months LOL! :d

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:43 PM
That is a crap load or work done.Nice updates,looks pretty straight and all the extras are good touches.Solid car,kudo's your effort shows alot!

Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:11 PM
welp, got my gmpp stage 2 lsj injectors, rk sport fuel rail, and accel adj. regulator in today but for some reason one injector doesnt want to let go so its got a miss. no idea what the problem is. hoping just leaving it sit under pressure over night will do the trick like it did with the 310's from the kit when i first fired it up under boost.

also bought a new gm key, new gm key fob, new gm b pillar covers, and the lsj supercharged and gm performance division badges.

Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:54 PM
put the damn cover on the TB bracket!

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:54 PM
i cant yet. gotta wait til wade ships me his cruise control bracket. then i can re-install the cruise, and ultimately install the bracket cover. believe me, i want it there.

unfortunately when you flip the cruise module upside down for installation for the opposite end feed for the cable it hits the convertible strut tower brace. so its a MUST to have the kit's relocation bracket. lucky for me i remembered wade never used his and he still had it.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:10 PM
before...

after.... (yes i know it needs a windshield. its on the list. )

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search