Roofy's Sunflower progress thread. - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Roofy's Sunflower progress thread.
Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:35 AM
.......and it's done!!!! Well.... almost! The sunflower is back together and running pretty good! Everything major has been accomplished with the new turbo setup. All I have left to do is more of a wire tuck and rearranging a couple of things. The thing spools insanely quick with the new larger manifold and better intercooler pipe routing. On with the pix!!!

A few pix of the engine bay. It should be pretty obvious where the coolant tank was relocated to.

Some pix of the new external wastegate dump and downpipe.

Its a pretty tight fit with the wastegate dump and downpipe at the subframe...

A view from down below

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:47 AM

Once again.... I love v-band connections!

Oh I seem to have forgotten to put my battery back!!!! But it won't fit!!!! What do I do now???
Oh! Here we go....

And this little thing jumped up onto my rear bumper the other day.

We did a full detail on the car today both underhood and interior/exterior. Will have some nice pix tomorrow if the car show goes as planned. They have a dyno set up so I might have some numbers to post tomorrow night. Just one more piece of advice before I end this post.... Don't park on a street where some dumbass might be driving by, or this will happen.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:11 AM
Who made the orange subframe connectors? Mark at O.E.M.? Looks great otherwise. We relocated the coolant tank to that side as well on a friends turbo ln2. I'm looking forward to new track times and power numbers with this setup.

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:58 PM
Gotta give you grief about the zip ties on the coolant res

Looks good man, has come a long way.

Any upcoming events at NTR?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, September 28, 2012 2:45 PM
Interesting place for the Radiator reservoir. Hmm gets me thinking anyone ever do a radiator swap that contains a fill section on the radiator so you can do away with the reservoir?

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Friday, September 28, 2012 6:49 PM
Tyler Ewy wrote:Interesting place for the Radiator reservoir. Hmm gets me thinking anyone ever do a radiator swap that contains a fill section on the radiator so you can do away with the reservoir?

Yes, its been done a few times.
Friday, September 28, 2012 6:52 PM
Seems much better. And it frees up a lot of space. Any downsides. I mean I really don't a lot of J's with it on here.

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Friday, September 28, 2012 7:03 PM
Everything looks great...

Cept the stock coolant bottle zap strapped.....

Mark has a coolant tank in the classifieds
Friday, September 28, 2012 10:56 PM
The zip ties are temporary until I get the rest of the brackets mounted. Lol. And David, Import Face-Off is at NTR this Sunday. I've spent all day getting my car ready, re-gapping the plugs, getting my drag race suspension squared away, new front brakes and rotors, and a quick check over of everything.

I don't have the sheet uploaded because I'm on my phone, but I re-dynoed my car the other day at a speed shop. Without changing anything except for the manifold, downpipe, intercooler piping and wastegate, I gained 20 horsepower at the wheels! I'm now sitting at 365 horse, 377 torque at the wheels!

Friday, September 28, 2012 11:37 PM
Cars Looks awesome , try and get some video on youtube of this car in action after you get it re-tuned , I hope one day My car will even be half as clean and fast as yours, nice work Roofy
Saturday, September 29, 2012 12:33 AM
Got a nice rake with my super secret high-tech state of the art drag racing suspension.

Mirror, mirror, on the car......

Dat ass!

And a simple side shot...

Saturday, September 29, 2012 5:52 AM
Tyler Ewy wrote:Seems much better. And it frees up a lot of space. Any downsides. I mean I really don't a lot of J's with it on here.

No downsides. I swapped in a Griffen rad, deleted the surge tank, and use a generic summit racing overflow bottle.

Roofy, car looks great. Makes me wonder more and more why I didn't go with v-bands on my downpipe...everytime my header has to come off, Oldskool and I invent new ways to curse at my car, haha. Anxious to see what kind of numbers you make!

Saturday, September 29, 2012 1:27 PM
Roofy wrote:Dat ass!

Straighten your muffler, will ya!?

Sunday, September 30, 2012 5:40 PM
Fun day at Import Face-Off at National Trail Raceway in Ohio today!!! Here is our crew!

Oh! And a new personal best in the sunflower! I'm just gonna leave this here.....
(BTW, I'm on the left. )

Monday, October 01, 2012 6:03 AM
Awesome, came in ehre looking for progress and found it done, and making faster times! Good stuff all around! Go Roofy go!

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:41 AM

Factory 4X4 stance yo!!!!! Ugh......

Bye bye AGX's!!

My Tokico setup will be going on this weekend!

And maybe my SRT rear brackets if my dog doesn't get too hungry!

Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:19 AM
Did you get in on that crazy deal fo the D specs?

Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:10 AM
Yessir indeed I did!

Friday, October 19, 2012 1:10 AM
Video of my 12.4 run. Probably wont be out to the track again this year, but next year I'm gonna shoot for 11's!!!

And my parts showed up today, by the end of the weekend I'll have my SRT4 rear disc brake setup and full Tokico suspension installed.

Friday, October 19, 2012 3:11 AM
Wow, why was that so close, what the hell was done to that other car? Both moving pretty well. Seems like you got out of the hole pretty well and didnt spin like crazy from what I could hear.

do you have a 2step or leave on boost at all or was that just dead pedal and go? What tires are you running for drag to pull 2.0 60's?

Gives me a lot of hope if I can run a 12.6 @118 then I can only IMAGINE what ill be doing with the more efficient setup. Like you said, huntin for 11's

Saturday, October 20, 2012 12:42 AM
All I know about the Mercedes is its an AMG of some sort. The time slip I posted is of the run in that video. Just a straight up launch from 4500 rpms or so. Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial 2 tires.

I would love to be able to make it to a test and tune and practice launching from different RPMS and trying to build boost before launching. I definitely think I could hit 11's as it sits. If I could cut a 1.8 60' time i would be pretty close. I don't know if I would be able to do that on radials though. My goal is 11's and would be awesome to do it without slicks. Its still a full interior, working a/c, 30+ MPG, daily drivable street car after all.

Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:04 AM
Roofy wrote:All I know about the Mercedes is its an AMG of some sort.

AMG usually means it's a boosted V8 so you are putting down some pretty good power to the wheels . I wouldn't be surprised if that Mercedes was putting out 400 HP+/- . Congrats
Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:29 AM
Very nice.

Sunday, October 21, 2012 11:03 PM
New stance with the Tokico suspension!

With the struts set at full hard, the car handles like it is on rails!!!

And the SRT-4 rear disc swap is installed as well.

And the difference in size from the Saturn to SRT-4 rear discs.

Difference in the brackets.

All that's left for my suspension/brake setup is the Eibach front sway bar, NWF front brake swap, Grand Am aluminum control arms, and maybe a super secret rear suspension trick for drag racing. We will see how it goes on that one.

I appreciate all of the comments and encouragement. The car is finally starting to come together how I've always envisioned it. A complete package that does everything that I want it to do, and does it well, without any sort of compromise.

Sunday, October 21, 2012 11:24 PM
If your doing a NWF brake swap, you can swap to 2000+ bonneville aluminum spindles, bonneville aluminum ball joints, 2010 camaro ss/ CTSV/ z06 4 piston calipers, and 2010 mustang gt500 15in ceramic brake rotors. Just an Idea.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search