Y3llowCav's Progress Thread - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Y3llowCav's Progress Thread
Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:07 PM
A few small developments (but lots of pics). Finally replaced the flush T I was using with a proper lsj filler neck. Still not ideal but it'll hold me over a lot better than before:

Still working on sanding my spare cam cover down and polishing it up:

Then all the progress with fueling. I recently snagged an aeromotive FPR and matching fuel pressure gauge for the rail (HUGE thanks to Chris Miller for the help with the FPR). Hoping they will complement my 42# injectors well.

I had trouble getting the fuel line off of my spare rail without a table vice. After some serious winter boredom, I improvised:

Fuel rail sanded down and painted. Pic doesn't do it justice, the finish is pretty nice:

FPR installed:

Close up:

Everything for the bigger injectors and my 3.1 pulley still waiting for install:

Got the car all cleaned up for a CRAZY car show last night in RI. I ran some steel wool over the crusty parts on the lss rims, came out pretty nice for how it was before.

Ninja Bling was the only other J at the meet (Tim rode with me). After/during this video I attracted a lot more attention than I expected.
SC rev

Thanks for looking everyone; more coming after next weekend when I get everything installed on Saturday. Hopefully some of you guys can still make it down for a cruise and a few brews. Planning on hitting up the dyno sometime after installation.

EDIT: Ninja, your RI accent is brutal in the video man but still got love for you, haha.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:12 PM

"In Oldskool we trust"

Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:12 PM
Looks good man, you're gonna love the pulley upgrade. Looking forward to see the car in person!

Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:14 PM
Thanks man! Still planning on this Saturday around noon or so. Think I gave you my number, just hit me up whenever.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:32 PM
Updates look good man and glad I could help out man

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Monday, April 01, 2013 11:45 AM
Thanks dude. Now update your @#%$!!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, April 01, 2013 1:57 PM
so i am stumped....

I tried that and the gauge didn't clear the hood..... yours is installed? I guess that may have been because of my rk hood?

Monday, April 01, 2013 2:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing how you like the 3.1...how much more heat is the M62 gonna generate?

Monday, April 01, 2013 4:43 PM
I cant wait to put my 3.1 on as well.....
Monday, April 01, 2013 5:23 PM
looking good

Monday, April 01, 2013 5:53 PM
jason norwood wrote:so i am stumped....

I tried that and the gauge didn't clear the hood..... yours is installed? I guess that may have been because of my rk hood?

Not installed yet but you're putting doubts in my mind, it does stick up crazy far. Were you using the 90* fitting as well? I've been told it will fit with that fitting.

Luke C wrote:Looking forward to seeing how you like the 3.1...how much more heat is the M62 gonna generate?

Hopefully not too much but I'll let you know what IATs look like before/after. It's half the reason I've decided to stay with a 3.1 rather than going to a 2.8 or something. Although I did buy a modular hub just in case...

Philly D wrote:I cant wait to put my 3.1 on as well.....

I'm like a kid the night before Christmas man, it's all I'm thinking about these next couple days!

JUCNBST wrote:looking good

Thanks man. Still looking for an icebox like the one in your sig. That's the last major improvement I'd like to make....at least this season

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, April 01, 2013 6:18 PM
Luke C wrote:Looking forward to seeing how you like the 3.1...how much more heat is the M62 gonna generate?

Its not bad with proper cooling. I still have air trapped in my h/e system (dual pass), my cruising IATs are about 100* and it goes to about 120ish after a hard pull. I've seen a 2.9 setup cruise around low to mid 90s and bounce to about 115-120 after a good pull.

Monday, April 01, 2013 6:30 PM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:my cruising IATs are about 100* and it goes to about 120ish after a hard pull.

That's about what I see on a warm day with the stock endplate.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, April 01, 2013 6:40 PM
haha ive done the tire thing before
Monday, April 01, 2013 10:22 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:my cruising IATs are about 100* and it goes to about 120ish after a hard pull.

Yea I still have a ton of air in there...I'm not a fan of the cobalt filler neck, and I've been to lazy to fully burp the system, lol. Really I think the IAT range is about the same from single to dual pass, it just obviously recovers much quicker. I started out on a single pass and cobra h/e and the recovery was so slow I'd dump timing from high IATs if I did even just 2 back to back pulls. Dual pass I can pull all day long, lol.
If I remember, Kyle was seeing about 95ish* cruising and not much more after a good pull with both the 3.1 and 2.9, with a dual pass and zzp s3, so I imagine you'll be in that ball park with your setup.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:19 AM
If your looking at a box ...im going with this company.

http://dadscustomintercoolertank.com/
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:21 AM
Spencer wrote:haha ive done the tire thing before

Gotta do what you gotta do man, lol.

EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:

Yea I still have a ton of air in there...I'm not a fan of the cobalt filler neck, and I've been to lazy to fully burp the system, lol. Really I think the IAT range is about the same from single to dual pass, it just obviously recovers much quicker. I started out on a single pass and cobra h/e and the recovery was so slow I'd dump timing from high IATs if I did even just 2 back to back pulls. Dual pass I can pull all day long, lol.
If I remember, Kyle was seeing about 95ish* cruising and not much more after a good pull with both the 3.1 and 2.9, with a dual pass and zzp s3, so I imagine you'll be in that ball park with your setup.

The filler neck definitely isn't the best but it's still better than what I had before! As of last weekend I think I finally got all the air out of it after topping off about 8 times in 2 weeks. I cant wait to have a nice flow-through tank of some sort to KNOW that it's full. I was 100% ready to put the battery in the trunk and either fab or purchase an ice box to put in that area but track rules are making me think twice. Now I'm pretty torn between that or a cobra tank like Kyle's.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:22 AM
Thanks Philly I'll check that out today. I mean...ahemm..... I'm at work so I'll check tonight....

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:12 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:Thanks dude. Now update your @#%$!!

SHHHHHH I'm quietly waiting I had to fix a few small problems maybe this weekend ill go back to the dyno

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:38 AM
I hate that you guys get these custom tunes!....its literally the difference between enjoying your car and just getting fed up and selling it..oh did i say that out loud? lol

oh....and....

2.8" or GO HOME!!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:20 PM
blu04DD wrote:I hate that you guys get these custom tunes!....its literally the difference between enjoying your car and just getting fed up and selling it..oh did i say that out loud? lol

oh....and....

2.8" or GO HOME!!

Haha, modular hub man....modular hub. Seriously though I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you. Every little thing I do the first call I make is to Ryan for more tuning. If I didn't have that option I'd be pretty disappointed with what I have and what I CAN'T do, especially after knowing the difference (no offense, just understanding, lol).

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:38 PM
ya, I had used a 90 and everything.... would not fit. Had to run the plug in it instead.

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 4:46 AM
jason norwood wrote:ya, I had used a 90 and everything.... would not fit. Had to run the plug in it instead.

Man that's really bad news. I dont even have the plug so ill have to go out and buy one somewhere, good thing its NPT.

Also don't have time to order a fitting for the schrader valve on the line either. So that means ill have to install the gauge with the hood open, set the pressure, turn the car off, remove the gauge and plug it, then order an adapter online and install the gauge permanently later. Total bummer.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:24 AM
Y3llowCav wrote: Haha, modular hub man....modular hub. Seriously though I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you. Every little thing I do the first call I make is to Ryan for more tuning. If I didn't have that option I'd be pretty disappointed with what I have and what I CAN'T do, especially after knowing the difference (no offense, just understanding, lol).

Yeah its very frustrating. Ive been sitting on nice parts since mid last year I havent been able to install for that reason. Its why I keep toying with the idea to just sell. But I actually enjoy driving my car even as is quite abit

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 11:47 AM
I know how it feels to hold onto parts, I've had stuff waiting to go on for about the same amount of time. Whatever you buy you'll wanna mod, lol. Just be the same blues all over again, no pun intended.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:58 PM
yeah my truck wont have any mods, its a nice weekend utility for emergencie or whatever (dual sport mazda b3000).
but ive also been waiting over three months to pick up another vehicle for weekend fun. my friend (Air Force) PCS'd to Florida and took his supercharged Z06 with him. Leaving his 'daily driver' up for sale here in TX. I would have had it early January but the damn CA DMV is as slow as hell to do paperwork. The car Im picking up has PLENTY of tuning support and has a lot of expensive upgrades i wont have to mess with already... Lets just say the footprints are 315/35/17's and will mark their territory at 60mph+ haha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search