my 02 sunfire - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: my 02 sunfire
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:11 PM
and my brakes and rotors

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:32 PM
Nice! Where did you get the rotors?

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:52 PM
sweet dude.. i just installed redstuff on my car and they are awesome... btw make sure that ur hood has been clear coated or it will start to oxidize and u will end up having a @!#$ty hood ike mine. i never clear coated mine and wish i had...

GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:23 PM
the rotors are also ebc and the hood is brand new do you know if vis clear coats it cause it looks clear coated?

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:50 PM
im not sure thats why i mentioned it.. but i think they do...

GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:47 PM
it definitly looks clear coated

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:30 PM
VIS does not clear coat their hoods. You will want to have a good UV clear coat sprayed to keep it from yellowing.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:56 PM
thanks for the info

Friday, August 09, 2013 3:03 PM
so quick update pics will come soon
i got new head light assembly and got hids back in
i painted my coolant tank with truck bed liner
and also got lot of useful parts off another sunfire i bought for a parts car

Friday, August 09, 2013 3:04 PM
forgot to say i had my roof painted black and door handles painted black to match

Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:51 AM
got a new radio to go in its a double din

and then some newer pictures

and my cav and sunfire

Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:50 PM
Man this Sunfire has come out looking so sexy!

Only thing I think that would improve it would be the ether paint the red lip on the rims black or even body color silver.
That red just doesn't look like it belongs.

Building it one piece at a time
Monday, September 16, 2013 8:40 PM
i like the red goes with the caipers deffinitly looks better in person the rims dont take a good picture but thanks for the suggestions

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:18 AM
quick picture of my new radio installed

Friday, November 15, 2013 7:48 PM
small update and some newer pictures
got a full new exhaust
pacesetter armor coated header
all custom stainless piping
stainless glass pack as resonator
flowmaster 40 series muffler and stainless tip

and put on an evil eye hood with truck bed coating for the winter

and my friends lifted 05 dakota and my sunfire

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, November 15, 2013 7:52 PM

Saturday, December 28, 2013 4:10 PM
slid on some ice into a curb did a good amount of damage waiting monday for insurance and stuff may have to be a part out :/ she took a hit to the passangers side front wheel luckily i had steelies on for winter bent control arm sub frame is messed from what i herd fender rcocker pannel rocker pannel cover, snapped axel, im sure the strut must be damaged and possibly more i didnt get to take a good look since there was snow on the ground

Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:43 PM
she was toatled and bought back and fixed with a front lip for less than half what they gave me for her,

so as for her future she will be getting a 5 speed and an eco from 700 dollar 2004 cavalier i picked up along with the m62 supercharger sometime in march or april
and im planing to get her a noice rear disk setup before the motor swap and transmition swap

Monday, February 17, 2014 3:35 AM
Hooray for not letting it die, resurection > junkyard.

Monday, February 17, 2014 6:09 AM
Awesome work! Glad you saved it from the wreckers 02 sunfire FTW! When you do the manual swap can you post pics of the install? I'm kinda thinking of swapping my trans too.

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Monday, February 17, 2014 6:31 AM
backpacker3 wrote:Awesome work! Glad you saved it from the wreckers 02 sunfire FTW! When you do the manual swap can you post pics of the install? I'm kinda thinking of swapping my trans too.

The only reason he's doing it is because he has a COMPLETE 5 speed donor car. If you want it to be a clean, stock, plug and play install you need the swap the sub frames, wiring harness, pcm, radiator, pedal assembly, center console, gauge cluster, master cylinder, clutch lines, etc.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, February 17, 2014 7:23 AM
Yes having a
Complete currently driving 04 Eco Cav 5 speed is what makes doing the swap so much eaisier can't wait for it to get warm enought out for the work to begin , and I could not let this Sunfire die and get junked, she's been a great low
Milage car and didn't deserve to go sit and rust

Monday, February 17, 2014 8:26 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:
The only reason he's doing it is because he has a COMPLETE 5 speed donor car. If you want it to be a clean, stock, plug and play install you need the swap the sub frames, wiring harness, pcm, radiator, pedal assembly, center console, gauge cluster, master cylinder, clutch lines, etc.

Yeah I saw that I can get all the parts or if I really felt like it I could get a whole donor car for pretty cheap I was asking cause most of the manual swaps are old enough that the pictures don't work

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Monday, February 17, 2014 2:59 PM
backpacker3 wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:

Yeah I saw that I can get all the parts or if I really felt like it I could get a whole donor car for pretty cheap I was asking cause most of the manual swaps are old enough that the pictures don't work

Good luck man I will post pics when I do it I need to get rid of the snow tho and get warm up here in mass

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 9:47 PM
So today I dropped of my 04 Cav to a shop a buddy owns to beguin the year down on it , by this time
Next week I hopefully should have the sunfire back 5-speed swaped and Eco swapped with a supercharger on it will be taking pics as I work in the same building as shop and will be posting soon

Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:13 PM
have some pics of my saturn rear disk swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search