Spring Teaser - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spring Teaser
Friday, February 08, 2013 11:21 AM
My new rims finally came in. 18x8 Motegi MR122 with +35 offset. They had to be custom drilled to the 5x100 as they don't manufacture the gold with that pattern. The pics don't do the rims/car and justice, but it will have to do for now.

Re: Spring Teaser
Friday, February 08, 2013 11:44 AM
I like the style, not too sure on the color matching with the burnt orange. I gotta see them all on to tell really.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, February 08, 2013 11:59 AM
Fitment is gonna look gorgeous up front! Very undecided about the rim color myself but photos can be deceiving.

I like the wheel a lot! Props on having them redrilled!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, February 08, 2013 12:20 PM

Friday, February 08, 2013 1:13 PM
They definitely look all of 18"s thats for sure. Not a huge fan of the color or spoke shape but nice job on getting them re-drilled to fit.

Anything else done on the car?

Friday, February 08, 2013 1:33 PM
^ If by anything else done on the car you are inquiring about engine performance, then sadly no. A supercharger is in the future plans but I am more of a showoff so I focus on looks first. Basically what you see is what you get. What you can't see in those pics is a 95-99 trunk, dual exhaust, strut bar and short throw shifter. The gold rims might attract a lot of hate, but the car is getting pieced together exactly as I envision the finished product and nothing less. The rims really are one of those things that you have to see in person to truly appreciate. As always I appreciate all the compliments.

Friday, February 08, 2013 1:54 PM
With a tad bit more low, this thing will be spot on.

Good job.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Friday, February 08, 2013 2:17 PM
Very interesting combo. Did Motegi redrill or did a shop do it for you?
Friday, February 08, 2013 2:20 PM
I honestly don't like anything about them unfortunately.

But props for getting them re-drilled so you could get what you wanted.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Friday, February 08, 2013 2:25 PM
Like said above I'm not huge on the color match with the orange, but those rims are sick!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, February 08, 2013 2:28 PM
I had Motegi drill them from a blank wheel. Unfortunately the blanks were already sprayed so the drill holes aren't gold.

Friday, February 08, 2013 4:17 PM
Im a big fan. Dig the gold with the orange. Carry on.

Friday, February 08, 2013 4:33 PM
I actually like the colors, too

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, February 09, 2013 3:16 PM
those look sick on there
Monday, February 11, 2013 5:43 AM
Brent Willyard wrote:I had Motegi drill them from a blank wheel. Unfortunately the blanks were already sprayed so the drill holes aren't gold.

I like the fact the holes aren't colored!

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:53 AM
I honestly can say I am liking the orange/gold combo
Monday, February 11, 2013 7:49 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
Brent Willyard wrote:I had Motegi drill them from a blank wheel. Unfortunately the blanks were already sprayed so the drill holes aren't gold.

I do too.

Those look awesome Brent! Can't wait to meet up this year, there will be a BBQ out in GR on May 4th BTW, I'll keep you in the loop.

Monday, February 11, 2013 9:04 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:

I do too.

Those look awesome Brent! Can't wait to meet up this year, there will be a BBQ out in GR on May 4th BTW, I'll keep you in the loop.

Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely be attending. I will do something to space out the rear similar to Jay's car. I haven't even put a rear wheel on yet to see how much it will need to come out.

Also, thanks everyone for the compliments!

Monday, February 11, 2013 9:09 AM
I know he's selling a set of 3/4" hub spacers if you wanted to go that route, but might be overkill for your setup with 35mm wheels! Worst case, studs and hub-centric spacers!

Monday, February 11, 2013 10:09 AM
I really like it man. Looks good.

Monday, February 11, 2013 10:23 AM
Rims aren't bad. The color combo is my issue.

Monday, February 11, 2013 12:03 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:I know he's selling a set of 3/4" hub spacers if you wanted to go that route, but might be overkill for your setup with 35mm wheels! Worst case, studs and hub-centric spacers!

Those are long gone! Thanks for the plug though Joseph!

On my setup I was running a 17x8" 45mm offset rim with a 25mm spacer bolted down with GMPP long studs (grand total of 20mm offset in the end, for the math challenged lol). So going off this information I would say you would be golden with a 10-15mm spacer which will require longer studs. I am also running 1 degree of rear camber. My 1/4 panels are rolled for clearance however.

Hope that helped!

Monday, February 11, 2013 1:23 PM
I like gold wheels, undecided on how i like them on the orange. almost every color can pull it off, but that color is so close it's an odd contrast. i love me a 5 spoke wheel too but HATE wheel designs that stick the spokes out beyond the rim. Personal preference. I do like the size/offset on there though.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:35 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
Joe Schulte wrote:I know he's selling a set of 3/4" hub spacers if you wanted to go that route, but might be overkill for your setup with 35mm wheels! Worst case, studs and hub-centric spacers!

Those are long gone! Thanks for the plug though Joseph!

On my setup I was running a 17x8" 45mm offset rim with a 25mm spacer bolted down with GMPP long studs (grand total of 20mm offset in the end, for the math challenged lol). So going off this information I would say you would be golden with a 10-15mm spacer which will require longer studs. I am also running 1 degree of rear camber. My 1/4 panels are rolled for clearance however.

Hope that helped!

That was just the info I needed, thanks man!

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:57 PM
very much like those. what size are those tires? 215-40's? I need some new tires for my 18"s that better fill in the fender and those look like they do the trick quite nicely

Turbocharged '04 Cavalier
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search