The Purple People Eater...Hide Your Vettes. - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The Purple People Eater...Hide Your Vettes.
Monday, June 03, 2013 8:17 PM
I've got over 20k miles on that setup supercharged beating the bell out if the car daily. And going strong now that I'm na again. I plan on keeping it once I get the turbo setup in the car. Roofy found an efective setup .

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:41 AM
Has anyone tried to run the ACT disk with an aftermarket pressure plate?

I think I'm going to run a Bully Stage 4 plate and the ACT disk.

That is if I can ever get a hold of scott. lol

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:22 PM
newt wrote:Has anyone tried to run the ACT disk with an aftermarket pressure plate?

I think I'm going to run a Bully Stage 4 plate and the ACT disk.

That is if I can ever get a hold of scott. lol

I just got a hold of him. He is in Africa working but said you can call the shop @ 1 403 754 4217 and they will be able to get you squared away!

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 6:45 PM
Thanks Vince!

I'll wait till I pull it apart and see whats wrong then put in a call.

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 8:46 PM
I've been using my spec stg 2pressure plate on my act 6 puck sprung clutch disc from day one.....you commented in the thread

Monday, July 22, 2013 2:02 PM
Well after a month of doing nothing (aka. riding my street bike around) I finally pulled the trans out of my car to check the clutch and flywheel.

Turns out, both are 100% fine. I thinking its internal in the trans, if you push the clutch in it goes away, let the clutch out in neutral the noise comes back (maybe too many rolling 2nd gear burnouts??).

Anyways, other than that, the trans shifts fine and drives fine, no noises once its moving or rev'd above idle so I'm not going to bother opening up the trans to try and figure it out. Drive it till it blows (after-all Todd Miller built it, so @!#$ is probably pretty legit in there).

That being said....we are back in business, still only running 11psi, going to take it to the track this weekend and see what I'm working with for now.

I'll snag some video's with the GoPro for everyone's enjoyment!

oOo I got a new valve cover that should be back from powder coat soon, so I'll post a pic of that when I get it on.

Monday, July 22, 2013 2:12 PM
Do you have a working AC system?

FU Tuning

Monday, July 22, 2013 2:37 PM
newt wrote:Turns out, both are 100% fine. I thinking its internal in the trans, if you push the clutch in it goes away, let the clutch out in neutral the noise comes back (maybe too many rolling 2nd gear burnouts??).

My Civic used to do the exact same thing. The input shaft bearing has a plastic cage that retains the balls. Beating the @!#$ out of the trans (read: rolling second gear burnouts and launching at 5k ) makes the plastic shatter and makes the trans sound like its crushing rocks.

The noise will go away when the clutch is pushed in because the input shaft isnt spinning.

My bet is you have something like that going on.

Monday, July 22, 2013 5:07 PM
^^Maybe its just the "Getrag Grumble"???
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:54 AM
John - No I do not, it is in my shed.

Brain - It could be, mine isn't really a grinding sound tho..more of a "clacking" sound.

PhillyD - I believe that only happens will in gear with very light load.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:52 AM
I'm guessing its an input or main shaft bearing. I'd take the case apart just to look at everything if it was me.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:36 AM
Maybe in the winter, to be honest I just wanna drive the thing and get some track passes in it.

I have two spare transmissions in my shed, so lots of spare parts to go around.

Friday, July 26, 2013 9:15 AM
Got my new valve cover on, get your sunglasses ready....

The pictures don't really represent the real colour too well, more yellow in real life and twice as bright...lol

Also, headed out to the sorta of local 1/8 mile track in a few hours, here's to hoping for a 7.xx

Happy Friday!

Friday, July 26, 2013 10:48 AM
love it!
Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:48 PM
Thats badass dude. I fukin love that color.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:14 PM
Thanks boys!

Track results:

11psi, full weight car.

8.0 @ 88mph

Car has way more in it, the track was pretty @!#$ty, no glue what so ever. Spinning off the line and into 2nd on my slicks.

The 22" slicks don't seem to like the 1/8 mile either, I'm having to shift into 4th just before the finish line or cross the line bumping the limiter in 3rd.

Boost also seems to be dropping off a lot between gears, going to hook up my 2step/WOT box again to hopefully fix that.

All in all I'm pretty pumped with what it ran, should be in the 11's easy very soon

Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:23 PM
Well done, Dave. My applauds.

I still have your 2nd place plaque, safe to say I'm holding it ransom.

Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:59 PM
Awesome! Was going to go that color with my old 600RR's wheels.

Bright.

Congrats on the runs too, granted we know it has more in it.

Monday, July 29, 2013 3:17 AM
Thanks boys!

Jeff I know, I'm gonna make it down the one of the CSCS's before the end of the year, I'll grab it then hopefully. Worst case I'll EMT you a few bucks and just toss the thing in the mail...LOL

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 12:04 PM
Dearest Internet,

I have finally hooked up my 2-step and NLS box, it works great. 6psi off the 2-step, 7-8psi between shifts.

Doesn't pop flames tho so thats sad...lol

Gonna get back to tuning again soon, just waiting on getting some race gas to see if its real knock I'm getting at 14psi or if its false knock.

Track day at the end of September....hopefully get this bitch in the 11's.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 4:56 PM
your car sounds sick man, I gotta get some pointers from ya soon as I start getting my turbo installed and setup, keep it coming!!!

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood

Monday, September 09, 2013 10:32 AM
When you say "clacking" I thought of rod bearings. But since it sounds more like an engine to tranny connection, sounds more along the lines of it being clutch related. I'm more opposed to the input shaft bearing cuz our tranny bearings crumble, but..... if it is an input shaft bearing that has been crushed, what may be happening is the shaft is off center by a few thousandths of an inch (gravity could be causing it to hang off center), and it hitting a gear on another shaft. Check the magnet for sure when you get it apart.

Also while you had the tranny off, did you checked the throwout bearing? Hope you figure it out man. Nice ride too, love the head color.

To turbocharge, or not to uh, uh..... eh, that last part don't matter.
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:00 AM
Got my laptop charged, got some homebrew race gas, tuning this week.

14psi is the goal, hopefully I can make it happen. Perhaps get some go pro videos up as well if I can get the tune to work.

1/4 mile racing this sat and sun, if I can't get the tune to work out, I'm buying some racegas at the track, turning the boost to 15psi and praying it makes at least one clean 11.xx pass.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:10 AM
At least you'll only have to hold your breath for 12 seconds LOL. In for vids, this thing is awesome.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:29 AM
x2 on the vids. i envy everyone whos able to take their car to the track right now. im gunning for low high to mid 12's once mine is all said and done. but i dont have enough track time in a FWD even with my drags to feel confident enough yet.

oh yeah, and if i didnt already say x2 on the vids

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search