Couple small changes ... and some TOYOS! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Couple small changes ... and some TOYOS!
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:42 PM
Finally got a set of Toyo tails so pretty stoked about that. Also made a new dual pod in the dash and got an elbow for the intake since the K&N was getting smashed. Many photos.

Godspeed 4 ply elbow from eBay, way stronger than the K&N which I think is 2 ply

Dash after painted ... it's a bitch to get that cigarette lighter out, broke this one from the junkyard then figured out you gotta take out the metal "cartridge" first than it just comes out

Dash installed

Because boxes from Japan are cool

I did the clean install where you pop the wires out of the old plug and put em in the toyo plug (roll of white cord is for the rear view camera)

And installed

Re: Couple small changes ... and some TOYOS!
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:54 PM
VERY nice!

so glad everyone is getting their dual pod bezel's on before i do LMAO

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 7:44 PM
Haha start to install took 3 days for me

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:13 PM
looks clean!

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:42 PM
Nice work done.As for the 12volt or cig those are a pain to remove in alot of rides.I have done the same,broke one taking it apart(good thing I have spares) plus one time you learn.Nice upgrades and clean look.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:51 PM
Thanks! Ya they are but I guess they need to be since it takes a good amount of force going in and out all the time, the radar plug is a snug fit. Just gotta adjust a few things and get the rest of the compound/wax off the lettering and surround. Maybe some more pics too since I forgot to adjust the aperature, hence such the low depth of field. As a side note if you plan on not cutting the wire on the multifuction switch take the fuse out for the horn...when i took the switch off the horn went nuts haha. Didnt know it was all tied in together.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 5:39 AM
You order the toyos on ebay ? Seen a pair i was gonna order but they disapeared, one light with a broken screw prong ?
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:23 AM
Ya I got them off ebay. I didn't get the one that was broken. Message jdm_used_parts that you want a pair and he'll let you know when he posts them up. It may take awhile, after i messaged him it was around 2 months.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:47 AM
GREAT upgrades!!

How do you like the pod setup? Are the gauges aimed properly? I was debating on going with the same pod a while back before getting my current one.

Tails look great on black.

and everything looks great through a fish eye lens!!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 7:03 AM
Thanks Jay! I like the setup a lot and they are aimed well. I can see both eaisly.
Here is a pic of how they were (out of focus). The things that bothered me were at night they would reflect off the windshield, which was annoying and in the sunlight the Aeroforce would almost fade out to nothing since it got so hot, which cant be good for all the electronics.

They definately look good on black, one reason why I wanted them so bad. They make me feel a bit safer too since the separate turn and brake light, HATED that those where the same bulb. I can't believe how much brighter these are too, they must have different reflectors in them or something.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 7:17 AM
Good stuff!

I know what you mean about them being brighter. When I was running 00 toyo tails they would leave half moon lighting on the ground behind the car at night with just running lights on.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:08 AM
Thanks luke car looks real good ! Did you make that dash? Looks awesome want something similar for my sedan, not a fan of pillar pods. Keep up the good work !
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:26 AM
Looks great man lovin the toyos! I had the same issue with the k&n elbow. It's pretty clear that bad boy was sucking shut. Got an elbow just like yours as a replacement and it seems to be much better.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:41 AM
Thanks James! Ya i made the dash...I made my rings out of wood, epoxied them in with some fiberglass mat for extra strength, took me 3 days start to install...most of the time for waiting for the epoxy to dry.

Definately, the throttle seems more responsive with the new elbow.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 9:44 AM
good looking upgrade

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:40 AM
Very nice work did you also make the tilt column boost gauge holder ?
Real fabricator !
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 11:01 AM
Yup made that one too

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:22 PM
man i love your sedan, clean sleeper, and welcome to the toyo club lol

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:30 PM
Thanks Chris, and it's good to finally be part of the toyo club haha. I'm really growing more found of the base "body kit" since she's now supercharged...and being a sedan its like a super sleeper lol

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:54 PM
So you bought the Toyos off ebay! No wonder the listing dissapeared. lol I regret selling my Toyos. Car looks good!
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:57 PM
Yup good 'ole eBay. I saw even the ones with the broken stud sold too and those were on there for over 2 months!

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:02 PM
Looks good! Something about the pre 00 Toyos on a black car that I absolutely LOVE!

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:13 PM
I think its because all the edges kinda fade away and since toyos have stronger/brighter reflectors in them you have all the colors of the light pop out.

Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:51 AM
i need to polish mine cuz the clear is pratically gone.
i would love to sc for sedan, now seeing your build makes me want to do it even more
keep it stock so u can scare people with that whine

Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:03 AM
Do it! We need more boosted sedans It'll be staying stock looking for the body. Definately get a lot of looks when people hear the whine and realize what it's coming from haha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search