My 03' Sedan and 04' Coupe Sunfires - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My 03' Sedan and 04' Coupe Sunfires
Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:44 PM
Hey!

It's been a while I'm on here but never really posted much, just did alot of reading!

So here are my 2 J-Body's: my '03 Sedan, which is my summer ride, and my '04 coupe which is my all year beater! Haters gonna hate! I love the rally style I gave to them!

So here are the pictures of most of the mods I did to them until now.

First the sedan when I got her, about 3 years ago, bone stock on steelies!

Got myself some 16'' cavy wheels.

Tinted turn signals/sidemarkers and black painted grill.

Tinted taillights.

It's over with the 4X4 stance, make it grip in the corners! Megan Racing springs (2''/1.9'' Drop), KYB AGX shocks, Front/Rear 1'' addco swaybars, Modded N-Body aluminium control arms with poly bushings, rear 1/2'' spacers. New tires also! 205/55R16 Kumho Ecsta SPT (KU31)

Love the handling!

Local J-Body Forum Sticker!

Rear window stopper delete.

Random nice pic in the rain!

Rear Tie Bar.

Little clearance issue with the exhaust and tie bar, problem solved! Magnaflow muffler before I've put a tip on.

Before I had my coupe, the Sedan in her winter mod! Black Rallyarmor big ass mudflaps, 16'' VW/Audi Bronze painted steelies with 205/55R16 Kumho I'ZEN (KW22).

After the winter, a change of wheels/tires! Black 17x8'' ET45 Enkei RPF1 (Because lightweight), 225/45R17 Kumho Ecsta XS (KU36) (Because more grip is never bad). NRG black lug nuts. Did some white lettering on the tires, I just love that look!

One more sticker on the rear! CH which is short for Confoederatio Helvetica, which means Switzerland, beacause I'm native from there.

Rear solid delrin axle bushings.

Rear 270mm disc brake conversion. Conventional Neon rotors, EBC red stuff pads.

Front Big Brake Upgrade! Wilwoods 12.19'' 4 pot.

I'm in love with those brakes!

Upper RK sport motor mount, lower TTR dog bone, TTR tranny bushings.

As she was during storage this winter.

Right after I got her out, not even washed yet!

'00-'02 turn signal relocation, Hella 500 Blackmagic aux lights, Hella Supertone Horns (Because wannabe rally car)

Random garage pic!

Moar stopping powa! EBC redstuff ton put on the wilwoods.

PCM relocation, radio delete, whole car emptied (no more door panels, back seat... Because lightweight)

Ebay style front strut brace. In the meantime I save for a OEM Godzillla tower brace!

Pic of the installed turn signal conversion. Stock flasher painted black in the meantime I do a custom grill.

Got a real good deal on a set of 225/50R16 YOKO ADVAN AD048 which I installed on my Cavy wheels (now painted black) For some occasional lapping days! Waiting for Spacers and installing ARP studs to clear my wilwoods with the 16''s.

So here as she is now!

Now my coupe, which I bought last autumn, stock.

Tinted turn signals, black painted grill, cavy wheels.

Brake job! EBC redstuff, as usual for me!

Another set of big ass mudflaps! Red Rallyarmors!

Best winter tires EVER! 195/65R15 Nokian Hakkapellita 7 STUDDED!

Here pics with both of them! (Coupe on 14'' Sunbird wheels)

More updates to come!

Futur mods for the sedan:

-Moar Horsepowa!! 140HP is lame! (Eaton will be installed someday)
-Rollcage
-Sparco Bucket seats, those stockers suck real bad in a curve with the grip the car is offering now (Either Sprint 5 or Speed 2, not sure yet)
-OEM Godzilla Front Strut Brace
-OEM Rear Triangulated Strut Brace
-Coilovers (to lower her just a bit more, probably going for a set of STD R5)
-???

Oh! And a last pics I found! My first one! The swissmobile! '96 Sunfire.

Re: My 03' Sedan and 04' Coupe Sunfires
Sunday, June 02, 2013 3:59 PM
Nice sedan!

I'd probably ditch the tie bar though as it will cause toe changes as the rear torsion beam flexes.

Sunday, June 02, 2013 9:34 PM
I never thought about the toe changes, but yeah that makes sens. But still, I like the handling more since the bar is installed. I have an impression the rear end is a lot more predictable, especially in a lift off oversteer situation.

Monday, June 03, 2013 7:55 AM
Damn, I really like this!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, June 03, 2013 8:19 AM
I like them a lot.

Makes me REALLY want to make a lifted rally J...bad bad ideas would come from that.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, June 03, 2013 4:40 PM
Thanks!

I thought about lifting the coupe, the look would have been hilarious! But I love how the car handels on gravel and snow on the stock suspension with the nokians, so i will probably let it the way it is.

For the moment I am working on a custom roof rack for the coupe to carry my moutain bike. Pics to come!

Monday, June 03, 2013 4:47 PM

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 12:19 PM
cant say i like it all to much but carry on good sir carry on

GOT ECOTEC?
Tuesday, June 04, 2013 4:38 PM
i love what you did with that sedan

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 3:30 PM
I love me a manual sedan. LOVE.

Although, when one of the first things you say in your post is "haters gonna hate" when obviously no one has even said anything, it makes me want to smash your hands with a pickax. Same could be said for every other overused internet phrase you threw in there.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:18 PM
Love the sedan.

Friday, June 14, 2013 2:38 PM
Quote:

Glad to see someone else do this. I did the same on my 03 converted 99 Sunfire years ago, but I used the 95-99 GT turns with the clear lenses.

Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:36 PM
Thanks for the nice comments!

I finished my custom roof rack on the coupe last week! Cost me about 100$ for everything including the 2 bike supports, and that thing is bulletproof! Here are the pics!

[URL=http://s889.photobucket.com/user/DaSchwitzer/media/Pontiac%20Sunfire%202004/2013-06-08172753.jpg.html]

Recieved my 15mm spacers for the sedan. Now I need to instal those ARP wheel studs and I can finally try out the semi slicks I got on the 16's.

Had Hella Supertone horns on the coupe for a while now. Finally installed my second set on the sedan too!

That's it for now!

Saturday, November 09, 2013 5:27 PM
It's been a while, so here are a few new pics!

The beater needed a sticker to make sure that everyone knows it's a beater!

Got a new set of wheels with some winterslaloms I'll run for summer. I got my Nokians for the winter anyway. Wheels are 15x7'' off a MK4 Golf and I really love the offset which is way higher then the stockers! Painted them white!

Changed the seats for some more confy ones! Leather and heated coming from a Grand Prix!

Some Black Magic skate grip on the pedals, 'cause grippy pedals makes the car way faster!

Made a panel for two more switches which are going to feed the 4 spotlights that I'm planning to instal on the roof rack!

Had a little fun on some dirt roads on a rainy day!

Enough with the beater! Here are a few pics from the sedan! Did nothing on the car other than a custom grill, it's not perfect but I think it looks fine for the moment. Maybe going to make an Aztec grill fit in there someday!

Mostly just ramdom pics from this summer!

Here with one of my buddies stock Genesis.

And here with one of my friends SRT4, that car just goes!!

Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:15 PM
Not a fan of the big lights...

Other than that, its a gorgeous car(the sedan).

Building it one piece at a time
Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:26 PM
Finally installed the lights on the beater's roof rack!

Friday, November 22, 2013 9:28 AM
The sedan is the ish!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, November 22, 2013 11:51 AM
This is bad ass man. I want a rally J so bad. I think about doing it all the time! The sedan is sick, keep up the great work on all of them!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, December 25, 2013 12:22 PM
what does CH mean?
Wednesday, December 25, 2013 12:44 PM
It's short for Confoederatio Helvetica, which means basically Switzerland. I'm native from Switzerland.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 12:59 PM
I love your cars man. They have basically been the inspiration of the build I have planned out in my head. Keep it up!

Sunday, December 29, 2013 5:57 AM
damn i know your going to do your thing im just like.. hmmm i hate hate hate it all just not my taste bro haha. function or form for sure.. lol

GOT ECOTEC?
Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:40 AM
Hahaha! I'm fine with that. I knew from the beginning of both builds that some people were not going to like it.

Monday, December 30, 2013 3:01 AM
Nicola Grieder wrote:Hahaha! I'm fine with that. I knew from the beginning of both builds that some people were not going to like it.

respect bro..

GOT ECOTEC?
Monday, December 30, 2013 11:53 AM
the theme is awesome and your mods are clean, looks sick!
the only thing i'm not really getting is the pretty much stock 4dr with gutted interior, radio and all with no engine mods? now if you had some cashed dumped in the motor to make up for the lack of tunes, then hey i'm down. unless i didnt read the post with the list of engine mods to come get on that bro! keep the updates commin, i dig it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search