Turbo LN2 Video - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Turbo LN2 Video
Friday, June 27, 2014 5:03 AM
With a box cutter.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Saturday, July 12, 2014 9:01 AM
Small update: contacted a few dyno places now that I'm sure I won't explode on the rollers.

Should be getting some numbers soon for the tune in it currently. A baseline for when it gets finished if I ever have time.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, July 12, 2014 9:03 AM
Sweet! In for numbers!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, July 12, 2014 11:32 AM
Im not expecting the world on this session; its not low on power, but its not even thoroughly tuned yet. Laptop died, it rained and we ran out of time lol. I know the AFR is still quite rich at full boost and we didn't add timing back in up top. I'm sure there are a few things at the current boost level that *could* be changed to make more, but i want to run higher boost anyway, so we will do that fine tuning when we get to where the boost level makes me happy.

I think 30+psi will do. I may need to get a new boost gauge .

Ive been driving the car hard for a few weeks now without any issues at all, so despite where we left of tuning, its ready enough.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:23 AM
I like the video. Wish our ln2 could do that. Hopefully you'll make it out to busse woods today. I was tagging local jbo guys on facebook to see who was going but didn't have you on there.

Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:25 AM
I actually got tied up with work and couldn't make it. Plus I'm in my truck today cause I have to pick up my son later and I don't like taking him on long trips in the cav.

I did a bit of tinkering and got the boost to 28 before it started touching 12s afr (I know that's safe with e85 but I don't want to tempt fate without a real tune in it for that boost). At 28 it got my attention. Lol.

At 25 now it feels slow but it still had enough to walk a gtr from 50. 😈.

Actually gonna try to get some tuning in tomorrow and see if we can bury the needle on my 30/30. Dyno day is set for 8/2 so we need to get it ready.

Sunday, July 20, 2014 9:52 PM
Officially need a 30/40 boost gauge

There is a lot of wheelspin on this pull so it doesn't make it to the 32 it gets in 4th gear (the pic is a shot in second and the video is third). When the car finally grabs in third at like 5800-6k I think the head (maybe cam too) just isn't flowing enough cause it starts to run out of breath. Thats the next project maybe.

Either way, it was starting to feel "normal" at 25... It feels fast again.

Friday, August 01, 2014 9:53 PM
Subscribed... I'd love to see more videos of a highway pull.

Saturday, August 02, 2014 11:13 AM
Hit the dyno today.

Issues. LOL.

The clutch just would NOT hold any power. It does ok on the street cause its the tires that let go (it slips if i do a loaded 4th pull though). Clutch slip numbers are 305/270. The car has more than that for sure (pushing that boost through a gt35 i HOPE its got more lol). I knew i would need a clutch just didnt know it would be THIS soon lol.

All good. AFR wasnt logged but it was rich (max was 28psi and the tune is good for 32)

Theres more to be had I just need to get the clutch in it and then it should show its true colors. the dynograph is pretty cool though shark fin FTW!

It spools at like 4300 and it immediately started slipping. I have a video uploading of it, you can hear it.

Saturday, August 02, 2014 11:46 AM

Video of the pull.

Saturday, August 02, 2014 2:40 PM
Bad ass dude!!! Thats a hell of a ln2!!

I Love My J ♡

Saturday, August 02, 2014 2:55 PM
Quote:

Bad ass dude!!! Thats a hell of a ln2!!

Thank you!

I wish I would have made the better choice to just get a clutch that could handle more tq when I had it apart but I hadn't intended for the car to get this far. I should be able to get "real" results this year still.

Sunday, August 03, 2014 1:33 AM
Sucks the clutch was slipping. Do you know the od of the ln2 clutch disc? Might want to look into the act 6 puck ld9 disc

Sunday, August 03, 2014 6:31 AM
A while back I looked up ld9, l61 and ln2 clutches. They're all close in diameter but ln2 is the smallest.

I'm thinking safest bet might just be a spec 4 and new flywheel if the current one is smoked (it was new with this build but it was $50 so replacement Probably will happen)

Sunday, August 03, 2014 7:49 AM
Yeah a friend of mine found out that new replacement is the same price as resurfacing lol.

Unfortunately the ld9 and eco clutch options definitely don't work with the ln2 so you're stuck with whatever they make. You may even have to consider getting something custom made like I did for a turbo vette build back in the day.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 03, 2014 9:37 AM
It's a dice roll but it's only $350.

The luk that's in it wasn't designed to take the abuse even on last years setup and it did very well.

Spec 4 is supposed to be good for 340ft/lb. I doubt I have much more than that ahyhow. My position has always been that most stuff us underrated for whatever it's purpose and the main issues people have are user error.

Sunday, August 03, 2014 9:58 AM
I've just heard too many bad things about spec to want to go that direction.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 03, 2014 12:23 PM
I went with a spec stage3 in my old ln2 car (red turbo one) and it holds up just fine. However the engagement point changes. The Spec stage 2 I got at a steal of a price didnt make it one year with the blower on the stock gm tune......but the act 6 puck ld9 disc has been in for years no issue. I an on another one when I finish the turbo ecotec.

Monday, August 04, 2014 10:18 PM
Quote:

Subscribed... I'd love to see more videos of a highway pull.

Heres a 3-4 pull from about 45. 3rd gear holds but spins like crazy so I let out to keep from melting the tires.

4th gear acts almost like a tq converter lol. It goes from 90-110 between 5800-6000 which is NOT how 4th normally acts. Without the slipping its maybe half that time that it wraps out 4th.

Cars pretty much in the garage till i get the clutch. Hopefully I get it late this week; so i can get it in mon/tues when im off next week.

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8:44 AM
I'm running a Bully Stage 4, it holds probably about the same power your making.
1-2-3 are completely pointless at WOT with 22 PSI.
I have no traction.
I need to figure out how to run some big radials on a set of 17's
Tuesday, August 05, 2014 4:56 PM
Cars coming out awesome Matt. Keep the updates coming. Car looks like it pulls hard and must be a blast to drive.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 9:13 AM
Quote:

Cars coming out awesome Matt. Keep the updates coming. Car looks like it pulls hard and must be a blast to drive.

Its a lot of fun to drive. Everyone I know keeps telling me "you need to make it drivable" (meaning traction, ability to pull from a stop etc etc). I tell them that its built to be a toy and I'm not looking to race it for low 1/4 mile times and quite frankly being able to light the tires on fire at 80 makes me smile every time I do it and it has not gotten old. Its a fun "undriveable" that I'm sure anyone with high power FWD would agree with lol.

When it DOES find a way to hook it pulls like a freight train. Some times it'll bite in third on a warm road with low tire pressure (i pumped them back to stock pressure for the dyno but normally i run them at 20) and when it does it will almost give you whiplash if you're not ready. Before the clutch started to cry it used to spin in 4th too lol.

Vinny will you get your car finished please? Maybe retuned is a better phrase cause somehow "done" is just never an option. I miss seeing your updates and there need to be more high power LN2 cars.

Thursday, August 07, 2014 6:14 PM
Thursday, August 07, 2014 6:18 PM
Matt
I am working on it, dont worry haha. I've put close to 2000 miles on the motor so I feel its broken in. I know Ryan has alot on his plate and I have been in touch with him here and there, but I cant wait to meet up with him again and get the car dialed in. It turns heads everywhere and everyone is impressed with the work that has gone into it. It is something they just dont see everyday.

I agree, "Done" is never an option. There is always something else to do or can be done. I will have plenty of more updates on the car. When it is all said and done i do plan to take it to more shows and more places out of state.

Keep the updates coming with your car as i always like to see what other people do to the same car.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Friday, August 08, 2014 9:04 AM
Right on, right on.

Ill have a clutch next week!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search