Said F it, doin a manual swap - Page 13 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Said F it, doin a manual swap
Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:08 AM
IT RUNS!!!!!

Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:10 AM
My lungs are filled with unburned 93 octane...

Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:12 AM
Wooohoooooo

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:37 AM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. Now with 5 speed! It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:58 AM
And the culprit??!!
Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:12 PM
Fuel pump relay control wire broke. The fuel pump was wired to get constant power, but the injectors were still wired into the relay and never recieved power. I rewired it so now it all goes through the relay, and now all that works.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:13 PM
Awesome. I have been anxiously waiting for this update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:28 PM

Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:01 PM
Sadly we could not fix whatever issue that was goin on. Im so burnt out on the car it aint funny. The car was ripped aprt again tonight to trace a bad wire since something was grounding out the fuel pump. The car sits under the cover now. Unsure which direction imma go. If I can find a cheap dash and engine harness just to see if thats my issue I will swap em out one last time. If not, im done with it.

I want to thank Darren and Nic for coming all the way down here to lend a hand and i learned a lot, but even some some jbody gurus cant catch the ghosts in my car.

Ill let them explain in detail more the issues that were going on.

306 TQ
Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:13 PM
Wait... I thought it was running?

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:37 PM
It was running, Darren backed it out of the garage, there are videos of it driving! We had it running, warming up, bled the cooling system and the power steering, then the butterfly started sticking, and then it stalled out on us. We unhooked the battery, checked a few things, and couldn't get it to start again, the theft light was back on (VATS was disabled). Did the relearn 3 times, no change, we could get HPTuners to connect to it. The brake lights were stuck on, so we thought a few wires might have grounded out, so we tore the harness apart down the entire side left side of the car and pulled the tank, checked the wires to the accessory pump, the racetronix harness, stock harness, rechecked grounds and splices, still no change. We have it wired so we can get constant power to the pump and injectors, but still won't start. Fixed the brake lights and fixed a brake leak.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:41 PM
I hate my life.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:57 PM
<3

The first time we got her running was pretty awesome, and then it had nearly 85k more miles on it by the end of the day.

Sunday, July 14, 2013 4:27 AM
There is an electrical gremlin somewhere in this car, and it's bugging the fukc out of me.

Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:53 AM
David... I am in your same boat.... I really am! I want to be done with it and scrap mine so bad.... until yesterday. I drove my car to town and back lightly boosting it and my face lit up. Yes its only a cavalier, but damn does it hit a sweet spot when I get to drive it. It feels beyond amazing. If you need to, just take your time off from it and relax. Thats what I did/am doing and it feels great... i tinkered with it here and there but as of now its just sitting collecting dust.

PS. Canada guys, whens the road trip to my house to fix my issue

Sunday, July 14, 2013 12:02 PM
It's not just the guys from Canada

Dave, when Darren and I were on our way back, we were discussing it and we're convinced it's the engine harness. We went through te body harness and the previous owner of the donor car hit a deer and messed with the wiring. When the car was running it must have shook a wire loose or something. But I still find it weird that it started running lean and stalled out, then unhooking the battery to hook the accessory pump caused it to return to what it was doing before. It's also weird that it starting leaning out with the racetronix pump and harness when we never touched boost. Also that we were unable to get HPTuner to connect to it, except for when it was running.

Sunday, July 14, 2013 2:25 PM
One small corrosion or break ruin the entire day with these cars. Either they don't run or run like poo. I know when I had my cavfire the damn PCM power wire broke and wouldn't let it start. I thought it was the fuel pump so I did the walboro swap...yeah I was salty after finding out it was only one wire.
Monday, July 15, 2013 11:15 AM
Does anybody have an unmolested 2k+ cavalier body harness available?

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search