The end of neglect... - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The end of neglect...
Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:07 PM
I am glad yo decided not to sell the car.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:57 PM
Thanks.

Attachment added of loaded up car.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:03 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Attachment added of loaded up car.

Fixed
Attachments
IMAG0502-1.jpg (678k)

Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:26 PM
Wow fail. Idk what my phone did there...

Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:27 PM
Sick.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, October 14, 2013 9:28 AM
Okay so the video is pretty self explanatory, but could use some advice. This has been happening for as long as we did the Eco swap. May have gotten louder gradually over time tho, but maybe not, hard to remember how loud it was last year. My Cobalt SS did this after a clutch swap as does our Evo, but neither is/was nearly as loud as the Cavy is... It's been bothering me as we are still 11 hours away from our new house, so it still has a long haul to do. Anyone have any suggestions?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/711z7eb8tzbtrmu/2013-10-14%2011.31.36.mp4

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:49 AM
Sounds like your throw out bearing is going on you. Buddy of mine had this happen and it progressively got worse until it would just start to catch the gear while the clutch wasn't pushed in. So he replaced everything, clutch/flywheel, TOB, and slave/lines. Re bleed it and it was good as new. Replaced the clutch because it had some pretty decent wear from the TOB going. Always grinding.

But that is just my 2 cents. I'm not an expert.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:27 PM
definatley the throw out bearing. esp. because once you disengae or reengage clutch!

GOT ECOTEC?
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:48 PM
Ill third the throwout bearing as well.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:17 AM
I just gotta say... Nice Rack! lol

Did you say my car looks slow??
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:12 AM
Thanks, lol.

Well it made it the rest of our trip. Have put probably 3k+ miles on it, with no change with the clutch noise/TOB.. Going to take it apart as soon as I can, hope it at least makes it until our Evo gets to port.

Here it is in the new garage at our new house. The garage is huge, I love it! Plenty of room to work on the car.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:13 AM
Unfortunately hit some debris on the highway that came out of nowhere (I'm thinking it was some tractor trailer tire)... and it took out a lil chunk of the front bumper, as you can see in the picture

Out of all the hours of driving, it happened in the last hour or so. UGH!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:23 PM
Yes it is the TOB. My experience is they will make noise but usually do not truly fail.

Mine was making noise for a long time. Recently put a new clutch system and TOB in and noise is gone.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:57 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Unfortunately hit some debris on the highway that came out of nowhere (I'm thinking it was some tractor trailer tire)... and it took out a lil chunk of the front bumper...
I had that same thing happen a few weeks ago on the way home from work. A chunk of a truck tire that was in the other lane flopped right out and pushed in the corner of my bumper. I still haven't gotten around to fixing it. But it just makes my beater that much more beaterific. LOL

Glad the car made the trip OK with the bad TOB. That's a long haul. I hate Route 90 once you get past Albany. It puts me to sleep.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:26 PM
it sucks when your car gets hurt, but even more so when its at the end of a trip. On the plus side it gives her attitude.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:59 PM
can't be any worse the a man hole cover taking out your front bumper, fog lights, and Hid ballasts for the fog light with your oil pan.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:49 AM
Zs Z wrote:it sucks when your car gets hurt, but even more so when its at the end of a trip. On the plus side it gives her attitude.

Yeah... Its not the end of the world. The bumper isn't that low but the car is... So something was bound to happen eventually. I never scrape the front bumper which is nice tho. I like the setup i have going on in that respect.. Tho my husband hates driving it since the body is so low lol. I told him I need an oops sticker now >.<

Mr. Quick wrote:
Mrs Jazer wrote:Unfortunately hit some debris on the highway that came out of nowhere (I'm thinking it was some tractor trailer tire)... and it took out a lil chunk of the front bumper...
I had that same thing happen a few weeks ago on the way home from work. A chunk of a truck tire that was in the other lane flopped right out and pushed in the corner of my bumper. I still haven't gotten around to fixing it. But it just makes my beater that much more beaterific. LOL

Glad the car made the trip OK with the bad TOB. That's a long haul. I hate Route 90 once you get past Albany. It puts me to sleep.

Those truck tires litter the highway. They need a new design or something, lol.

Driving to Buffalo is so easy wasn't too bad. Making a pit stop in Rochester broke it up a lil. I was much more sick of driving once we started heading to NC. Buffalo to NC is a long @!#$ haul with an 8 month old and a big dog, lol.

Addicted to meth wrote:Yes it is the TOB. My experience is they will make noise but usually do not truly fail.

Mine was making noise for a long time. Recently put a new clutch system and TOB in and noise is gone.

I hope your right! Our Evo should be arriving to port soon, but the Exedy in it just started slipping before we left Germany.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:57 AM
Rob Dotterer wrote:can't be any worse the a man hole cover taking out your front bumper, fog lights, and Hid ballasts for the fog light with your oil pan.

Awful!! That's a lot to repair.

I hit a nasty piece of road last year and slammed my subframe brace on it... I thought it was my pan at first. Thank god it wasn't.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:03 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:
Rob Dotterer wrote:can't be any worse the a man hole cover taking out your front bumper, fog lights, and Hid ballasts for the fog light with your oil pan.

Awful!! That's a lot to repair.

I hit a nasty piece of road last year and slammed my subframe brace on it... I thought it was my pan at first. Thank god it wasn't.

Rob did you take a pic? Was it this bad?

Thank God for the one who thought of that sub-frame brace!
My best friend helped me put on my Enkei's. We used his impact, and these Enkei's are single piece aluminum. I told him to hand torque the lug nuts. He failed to comply with my request. About 80 miles after being put on, my wheel fell off as I was pulling to the side of the road to find out what was causing a terrible noise and wobble. Didn't get over in time, wheel fell off, I skid to the side of the road.

My sub-frame saved my car minus $150 in parts.

This is what happens when you don't do the work yourself... :/

Did you say my car looks slow??
Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:37 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:As for an update, It has made it halfway through our trip, put probably 750-1000 miles on it with all the driving... Without a hitch. Haven't broken 67k on it (i guess my memory was a little off before). It's running great.

ALMOST had a terrible thing happen halfway from Boston to Buffalo though.... We got caught in a horrible rain storm, highway was almost flooding and I later heard there were tornado warnings relatively close by... Well I have a CAI and a missing splash guard. Car started hesitating, I just KNEW it was from that. Stupid on my part, leaving it like that. I was always cautious in the rain because of that, but the filter always remained relatively dry... this storm was too much. Pulled over right away, disconnected the AEM intake where the plastic turns to metal up in the engine bay, and water POURED out of the upper intake tubing. Realistically I'd guess two full cups of water. Well I left it separated but put a sock on the end of the upper plastic tubing to act as a filter... And it started without even a minor hesitation... And has been driving perfect since. Well that was a bullet dodged. Car is a @!#$ champ.

Lesson learned for me.

And Ill just leave this here too...

Very nice pic there....

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Thursday, December 05, 2013 8:17 AM
Bump .... Just went out and took a few pics, figured I'd add em here too

My Boxer joined in on the modeling

Thursday, December 05, 2013 8:20 AM
Looks great! The yuengling is my favorite part

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, December 05, 2013 8:59 AM
Thursday, December 05, 2013 9:06 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Jess, Go here and buy this!
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-512-adams-super-vrt-tire-trim-dressing.aspx
And this!
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-448-adams-hex-grip-pro-tire-dressing-applicator.aspx

Turns into this!!!

Pre SVRT...

Post SVRT...

The Polish gave you disk breaks!? I gots to try!
Jk I been wondering about their stuff and how good it is I'll have to give it a try
Thursday, December 05, 2013 9:07 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Jess, Go here and buy this!
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-512-adams-super-vrt-tire-trim-dressing.aspx
And this!
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-448-adams-hex-grip-pro-tire-dressing-applicator.aspx

Turns into this!!!

Adams Super VRT turned your Drum brakes into Disk Brakes? That's amazing, gotta get me some of that.

Ha, j/p. I've been turned onto Adams since the first time you posted about it. I love all their products. Have spent over $400 in car care in the last 3 months.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search