2013: The year of finish the f$#%ing car already!!! - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2013: The year of finish the f$#%ing car already!!!
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:16 PM
Hey guys I have a buddy selling his extreme tuner skirts here in texas

Modding my j since I found the org

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:16 PM
Um.. .ok?

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:55 PM
Sorry guys I must have misread, thought y'all were looking for extreme tuner kit parts

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:08 AM
He has my spare set of skirts and i know he has my old spare rear lip in his sights. Now he just needs to finish his IF front....

Friday, June 28, 2013 12:46 PM
So, not much to update, work has been keeping me busy, but I did pick this little guy up...

Funny thing is, this rear originally belonged with the skirts I bought from Kyle, so after several years they have been reunited, haha. This is the last piece I needed to gather to have everything i need for the body, so I have no more excuses to not dig into paint and body now.

I also think I forgot to include this earlier, but I also picked up a brickyard spoiler from a local KGM member over the winter.

This was actually his spare brickyard, I had painted his other one last year, and was able to cast a mold while having it..one of these days when I have the free time (whatever that is), I do plan on casting some replicas if people are interested.

That's all for now.

Friday, June 28, 2013 1:01 PM
I would be interested
Tuesday, July 02, 2013 5:27 AM
Me tooo.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:33 AM
Matt if you do cast a replica of the brickyard, or hell make a few in Carbon.... hint hint, I'd buy a new cavy just to put it on.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:00 AM
A carbon one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:02 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:54 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:hint hint, I'd buy a new cavy just to put it on.

Same here but not carbon.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:37 PM
my carbon one is for sale......not too thread jack or anything........also nice lip!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:49 PM
When I do get around to making replicas, I plan on making them in urethane of some form. It's gonna be a little while, longer than what I hoped. Still have so much left to do on this car, and today is the first time in weeks I actually had the motivation to pull it in the garage and actually look at it, lol. Maybe by the end of the week I'll actually do more to the car than just look at it...pretty sure my wife is getting tired of looking at a set of Lexus seats sitting in the corner of our dining room, haha.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:37 AM
Oh come on, those sound like great dining room chairs to me.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:37 AM
sounds like me lately...I havent had the motivation because Ive just been tired, doing school full time as well as work, and its hot here by the time I start working on my car. Once i start though I get into it and I'm hoping this weekend is the one i get sh!t done!

Those Lexus seats are mint...cant wait to see em installed!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:37 PM
I'm wondering if this was my old brickyard???

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:22 PM
The01Cav wrote:I'm wondering if this was my old brickyard???

I think it may be. I got it from Sam, who I know got your c/f evo hood

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:47 PM
Alright, trying to get the ball rolling again on this car.

First and foremost, I'm throwing in the towel on the ld9 harness/pcm and going back to an eco setup for now. I'm really leaning towards the PCM itself being glitchy, and I really don't want to have to license yet another PCM and re-license the SD reflash again in the event that is still doesn't give the desired results. My old tune on the eco pcm worked and got us the results we were looking for, so that's what we will do again. I will most likely pickup MS3 over the winter.

I couldn't find a 5 speed harness in any locals yards, so I grabbed an auto harness to convert to 5 speed

For now, I'm just converting it for 5 speed so I can toss it in and get it running, as I have someone who wants to buy the ld9 harness so I want to make this a quick swap. Afterwards, I'll pull the harness and rework it...I decided I want to yank the engine again and fully shave and tuck the bay. I should've done that in the first place, as the more I look at it now, it's just not clean enough. I already picked up a 12' blank harness from DIYautotune, as well as a variety of Metri-pack and weather-pack terminals to make the tuck harness.

I also came across a killer deal on a 95-02 Turbo Sport hood, so I picked that up as well, and will be converting it for the 03+ front end. It needs alot of TLC so I don't mind having to hack into it. Right now it's covered in rattle can primer, as it had a ton of surface stress cracks , and I guess the previous owner just wanted them cover. I know, why go through all the work making it fit 03+? All of the 03+ turbo sports I find are the a different style scoop and I just don't care for it.

The head light line isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be...should actually be a pretty simple project to modify. I'm also not sure how deep in the epoxy the cracks go, if I need to dig too deep, I'll probably take it down pretty close to the carbon weave, and just lay a fresh layer of carbon fiber over and re-lay the epoxy.

I also started looking where I want to clean up the engine bay, so I'm rerouting a few things now to get a feel where to run everything in the end. Tonight I rerouted my lines to the catch can, as I HATED where I had them, laying over the upper motor mount. It's one of things I just tossed in quickly as an effort to get things installed and running. I pulled my front line under the blower and under the side frame rail, and the rear one down behind the water pump and under the rail. I'll probably wrap the lower portion of the rear line since it's near the header. Got lucky too and the lines reached as is so I didn't have to cut any new hose. Tomorrow I'll probably work on routing the fuel lines lower and make sure I don't need to cut longer lines for that.

BEFORE

AFTER

I'm also ditching the MSD setup when I go back to the L61 harness, so that should help clean everything up too.

I've also wanted to clean up my subframe and trailing arm for quite some time now, as they show their age from winter driving when the car used to be a DD, but I unfortunately don't have the room in my garage to have the car sit and work on them, so I picked up some replacements to work on ahead of time, and swap them in when finished. I'm going to take them to work and sand blast them, then give them a good coat of epoxy primer and repaint them.

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll install the new harness later this week, get it all running, and we can head out and tune next week so I can enjoy the car for what's left of the summer.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:01 PM
I love your bay man nice work on the catch can plumbing! I was wondering what the plan was for ignition. As cool as it looks ditching all that will clean things up like crazy. Also, if you need an l61 ignition I have one

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:09 PM
LSJ coils.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:24 PM
For now, and L61 coil pack since I have 2 sitting around, but eventually I will wire in LSJ coils

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:36 PM
So, not much progress...because I'm selling the car.

I've been wanting to move on to something different for quite some time now, and the last few months I've been debating whether or not it's time. So I decided to start window shopping around til I find something, just turns out I found what I wanted way sooner than I thought I would, lol. Figured I'd finish up the cav over the next month, enjoy it for the rest of the season, then toss it up for sale after and pick up a new project over the winter.
Well after a few days browsing Craigslist, I found a '78 Corvette in my price range, and was about exactly the condition I was looking for from a restoration stand point, so last weekend I went to look at, and picked it up this weekend. I've always had a thing for C3 vettes, so I thought why not finally buy one.

I've gotten to the point where I finally realized that if I want to reach the goals I really want for the Cav, it's gonna take some serious cash to get there, and I'd much rather dump that money into a car that I know I want to keep around for a while.

Fortunately, a fellow JBO member is already interested in the car so it'll at least stay in the community for now and go to someone who can appreciate and enjoy the car. I'd love to be able keep it, let it sit on the back burner for a while, but I have neither the space or budget to carry on two project cars, so I'll be glad to see it go on to someone who will maybe keep going with it and get it to it's full potential. I still have the 4 door cav as a spare DD, so I'm sure I'll toss a few minor mods at that since I can't seem to own a J-body and not mod it, lol, and of course I'll still be around here because this place is just to addicting.

Started a build thread for the Vette in the Other Cars forum, though I don't foresee myself making any real purchases for it until the cav and parts pile are actually sold. I'll be spending the next few weeks finishing tuning the cav, getting a fresh coat of paint on it, and buttoning up a few odds and ends before sending it off.

So, that's it for now.

Monday, September 30, 2013 4:53 PM
Quitter

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:41 PM
At least your car might be easier to see in person if this interested party picks it up.... good luck with the vette.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search