The History of the EvoFire - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The History of the EvoFire
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:43 PM
I swear the wildwood rears are nothing more than a 9" ford kit made to work on a stock drum setup. lol at least that's what it looks like to me. cant wait to get them. although they probably wont be installed on the car for awhile. gotta get the rear axle powdercoated but now I can actually go ahead and have that done. I never wanted to install the neon rear setup. I have always wanted a matching wildwood rear setup to go with my fronts. so... I am very glad I FINALLY got these.

chris, id go with a dark bronze honestly.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:28 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:I swear the wildwood rears are nothing more than a 9" ford kit made to work on a stock drum setup. lol at least that's what it looks like to me. cant wait to get them. although they probably wont be installed on the car for awhile. gotta get the rear axle powdercoated but now I can actually go ahead and have that done. I never wanted to install the neon rear setup. I have always wanted a matching wildwood rear setup to go with my fronts. so... I am very glad I FINALLY got these.

chris, id go with a dark bronze honestly.

you are partially right. it is a ford 9 inch kit, but the drum is no where near stock. it is about 2 times as deep, and bigger diameter. trust me been there researched that.

anyways here are some pics of the front coil overs installed and ready to go. also re-shimed the brake calipers. I had some scrapage on the outside of the rotor. i think i forgot a few shims when i repainted them.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:10 PM
Good stuff...

I love my BC's. Im curious how the Bc springs ride. I went for the Swift springs.
Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:30 PM
these are the extreme low kit. not sure the difference, but yeah. it will be a few weeks before i can drive the car again...so who knows when i will be able to feel the ride.

Friday, May 16, 2014 3:51 AM
The extreme low kit just uses a shorter shock cartridge making it lower overall.
Friday, May 23, 2014 11:19 PM
The new brakes are on. Fought with the SS lines for a bit, and have to notch the ebrake cable spring bracket thing. then will be able to bleed and get the car on the road!
Attachments
10366059_10202464382312322_8865184988455277797_n.jpg (57k)

Thursday, June 05, 2014 9:48 AM
Heres a few pics of the completes redone valve cover. I am also going to order all black AN fittings.

Thursday, June 05, 2014 9:53 AM
are you running ss coils or a ripped apart l61 cartridge?

Thursday, June 05, 2014 10:04 AM
i am about to swap to SS coils. right now is it a modified L61 cassette.

Thursday, June 05, 2014 6:02 PM
Pics of modded cassette? Also i imagine your going pjs route for using the l61 icm to drive the ss coils? Do you have a write up I could use??

Friday, June 06, 2014 6:47 AM
im not taking the car apart again to get pics of the cassette. Its easy. If you take it off and flip it over, there are a few small screws. remove those screws and the top comes off. Then mode to fit your VC. all i did was machine the 4 tabs that stick out (that connect to the VC) flat. It was very simple. There might be pics earlier in this thread.

As far as the ss coils, They are wired to wasted spark. removes out ICM completely.

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 1:36 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:This is just a little history of my car. There are a few things I don’t have pictures of. I don’t have any pictures of the exhaust/vert bar install, audio install, or AFPR/Fuel pump install. I think those are the only things I am missing that I can think of. If anyone can think of anything else, let me know.

Bought car June 26th of 2007

March 14th 2008 I rear ended a older full size lifted Chevy Truck on my way to work.

No pics available

I got her outta the shop 3 weeks later.
Evo hood Installed by shop
No pics available

May 24th EvoFire gets its first official mod. I swapped my dash, and installed new brakes.
Old Dash

New Dash

Old Brakes

New Brakes

May 30th 2008 AEM intake Install & HVAC knob clearing

June 8th 2008 Prototype Gravana Coilovers are installed

Before

After

July 6th 2008 B&M Shifter Install

July 28th 2008 Installed clear side markers.

July 29th 2008 Painted Valve Cover Installed

August 23rd 2008 LSJ header Install and Front Wilwood Brakes Install
Header

Brakes

September 12th 2008 Drag DR-17 Wheels

September 19th 2008 Motor Mounts Install

September 20th 2008 SpeedWorld Event

October 28th 2008 Rear Wilwood Brake Install and OEM Solid Rear Strut Mounts

Before

After

January 25th 2009 Removed stock spoiler

February 6th 2009 Installed Rear Strut Bar, and Full Size Spare Trunk Mount

February 23rd 2009 Aluminum GrandAm Control Arm Install

June 6th 2009 Rear Sway Bar Install, and 95-99 Ebrake cables so Wilwood Ebrake would work

June 27th 2009 Pictures From South Mountain

August 14th 2009 LSJ valve cover install

hahaha whats funny is my car was named evofire in 2004 so you need to think about renaming yourself online and your car that you might still have
Tuesday, January 06, 2015 1:38 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:This is just a little history of my car. There are a few things I don’t have pictures of. I don’t have any pictures of the exhaust/vert bar install, audio install, or AFPR/Fuel pump install. I think those are the only things I am missing that I can think of. If anyone can think of anything else, let me know.

Bought car June 26th of 2007

March 14th 2008 I rear ended a older full size lifted Chevy Truck on my way to work.

No pics available

I got her outta the shop 3 weeks later.
Evo hood Installed by shop
No pics available

May 24th EvoFire gets its first official mod. I swapped my dash, and installed new brakes.
Old Dash

New Dash

Old Brakes

New Brakes

May 30th 2008 AEM intake Install & HVAC knob clearing

June 8th 2008 Prototype Gravana Coilovers are installed

Before

After

July 6th 2008 B&M Shifter Install

July 28th 2008 Installed clear side markers.

July 29th 2008 Painted Valve Cover Installed

August 23rd 2008 LSJ header Install and Front Wilwood Brakes Install
Header

Brakes

September 12th 2008 Drag DR-17 Wheels

September 19th 2008 Motor Mounts Install

September 20th 2008 SpeedWorld Event

October 28th 2008 Rear Wilwood Brake Install and OEM Solid Rear Strut Mounts

Before

After

January 25th 2009 Removed stock spoiler

February 6th 2009 Installed Rear Strut Bar, and Full Size Spare Trunk Mount

February 23rd 2009 Aluminum GrandAm Control Arm Install

June 6th 2009 Rear Sway Bar Install, and 95-99 Ebrake cables so Wilwood Ebrake would work

June 27th 2009 Pictures From South Mountain

August 14th 2009 LSJ valve cover install

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/837265/2002-pontiac-sunfire/
Sunday, January 11, 2015 5:05 AM
He no longer owns the car nor does it really exist anymore. I purchased it off of him last year and tore it down for parts.
Tuesday, September 04, 2018 7:48 PM
I have the car again/still. red instead of white. just saying. need to update it and drive it more.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search